The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 14 June 2021, 04:58 AM   #31
mikeps2006
"TRF" Member

Had a deal done with TPG a while back for an AP Off Shore and it arrived broken. Anthony put me into contact with Marco and customer service i gotta say was terrible. Had to consult with a dealer I’ve dealt with numerous times to help me out. He basically helped me middle man the entire repair process. Marco did not know who to send the watch to to have it repaired and was in no rush to have it fixed or sent out. Communication was terrible. I don’t think they know what they’re really doing as much what they’re trying to make people believe.

I would never deal with TPG again. I saw his few good reviews on here as well as his following in YT so i thought i would be in the clear, but i was definitely wrong about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikeps2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2021, 05:21 AM   #32
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeps2006 View Post
Had a deal done with TPG a while back for an AP Off Shore and it arrived broken. Anthony put me into contact with Marco and customer service i gotta say was terrible. Had to consult with a dealer I’ve dealt with numerous times to help me out. He basically helped me middle man the entire repair process. Marco did not know who to send the watch to to have it repaired and was in no rush to have it fixed or sent out. Communication was terrible. I don’t think they know what they’re really doing as much what they’re trying to make people believe.

I would never deal with TPG again. I saw his few good reviews on here as well as his following in YT so i thought i would be in the clear, but i was definitely wrong about that.

I’ve learned awhile ago to approach with caution any business with a strong social media following. Typically their social media presence has outpaced their actual operations and skills which usually leads to massive disappointment when doing business. I’ve found this to ring true personally in multiple instances in different industries.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2021, 10:46 AM   #33
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Just caught the new TimePiece Gentleman video. They backpedaled on quite a bit of things they've been doing. Very interesting video.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2021, 10:49 AM   #34
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
I’ve learned awhile ago to approach with caution any business with a strong social media following. Typically their social media presence has outpaced their actual operations and skills which usually leads to massive disappointment when doing business. I’ve found this to ring true personally in multiple instances in different industries.

TPG have admitted on camera that YT was their primary focus.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2021, 10:56 AM   #35
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
Just caught the new TimePiece Gentleman video. They backpedaled on quite a bit of things they've been doing. Very interesting video.
Yeah I saw that. They caught a ton of heat on their last video in the YouTube comments.
Old 15 June 2021, 09:59 PM   #36
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah I saw that. They caught a ton of heat on their last video in the YouTube comments.
If people read between the lines, it appears there is something going on. Either sales are down more than they stated and/or there was an issue with how they "structured" their plea for money. They repeatedly stated what & how it is described as. They now refer to it as a "membership". I'd be curious to know if an issue was raised as to the legality of how it was structured. Anthony is too fast & loose. He's like a popcorn fart in a skillet. There doesn't seem to be much long term planning, he is very reactionary in making quick decisions. Marco just appears to be along for the ride. I'll keep watching, it's like driving past an accident, you just cannot look away.
Old 15 June 2021, 11:18 PM   #37
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

I agree, something doesn't seem right with the numbers they were disclosing in the financials.

I'm an accountant, and when he was posting gross profit, he more than likely wasn't factoring in his operating expenses. He should be disclosing net income.

I also just saw a thumbnail for a new TPG video on Youtube. Seems the woman they hired is no longer employed with them. She only last a few weeks.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 01:02 AM   #38
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
I agree, something doesn't seem right with the numbers they were disclosing in the financials.

I'm an accountant, and when he was posting gross profit, he more than likely wasn't factoring in his operating expenses. He should be disclosing net income.

I also just saw a thumbnail for a new TPG video on Youtube. Seems the woman they hired is no longer employed with them. She only last a few weeks.
They let her go in the last video.

I haven’t watch today’s in full yet, but skipped through it. Apparently the landlord at their newest desired store location hasn’t given them a lease offer. This is the third or fourth location they’ve looked at. It’s obvious something else is at play here. They didn’t share their financials with the first location and I have a feeling it’s because it wasn’t appealing.

They decided to go to a higher level at their current building instead of doing a large showroom build out elsewhere. I wonder if they’ll have any legal actions brought against them as they offered a ton of perks regarding their new office, which isn’t happening as big as promised.
Old 16 June 2021, 01:13 AM   #39
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They let her go in the last video.

I haven’t watch today’s in full yet, but skipped through it. Apparently the landlord at their newest desired store location hasn’t given them a lease offer. This is the third or fourth location they’ve looked at. It’s obvious something else is at play here. They didn’t share their financials with the first location and I have a feeling it’s because it wasn’t appealing.

They decided to go to a higher level at their current building instead of doing a large showroom build out elsewhere. I wonder if they’ll have any legal actions brought against them as they offered a ton of perks regarding their new office, which isn’t happening as big as promised.
I must of missed a video. First they were trying to lease the two story restaurant. Then they showed a store front in a hotel I think that currently housed an art gallery. They talked about building a second floor overlooking the showroom. In a video, Anthony was speaking to somebody by phone & told them to just sign the lease at the current terms. Did that one fall through also? There was s no way they have large cash reserves at all. The whole operation is hand to mouth in terms of cash flow. Their financials cannot be that "clean". If anybody thinks that every dime of cash hits the account, they are sorely mistaken. Their " operating" expenses as in meals, car leases, lifestyle are a drain on the cash flow. Any good bank or accountant can see that they are surviving but are living beyond their means business wise.
Old 16 June 2021, 01:21 AM   #40
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
I must of missed a video. First they were trying to lease the two story restaurant. Then they showed a store front in a hotel I think that currently housed an art gallery. They talked about building a second floor overlooking the showroom. In a video, Anthony was speaking to somebody by phone & told them to just sign the lease at the current terms. Did that one fall through also? There was s no way they have large cash reserves at all. The whole operation is hand to mouth in terms of cash flow. Their financials cannot be that "clean". If anybody thinks that every dime of cash hits the account, they are sorely mistaken. Their " operating" expenses as in meals, car leases, lifestyle are a drain on the cash flow. Any good bank or accountant can see that they are surviving but are living beyond their means business wise.
Yeah, that location fell through.

First location was another large storefront on the ground floor at Cresent (same building they’re in). The landlord didn’t offer them because they weren’t a first tier tenant.

Secondly, it was a two story hotel down McKinney Ave from current location.

Thirdly, it was the art gallery at the ground floor at the Thompson building.

At this point, I think the writing is on the wall. I wonder what their donors are thinking at this point.
Old 16 June 2021, 03:10 AM   #41
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

First location was another large storefront on the ground floor at Cresent (same building they’re in). The landlord didn’t offer them because they weren’t a first tier tenant.

At this point, I think the writing is on the wall. I wonder what their donors are thinking at this point.
#1. They need to put money into their website. It totally 100% SUCKS.

#2. They need to sort out their payment situation. They MUST get this credit card "issue" sorted out and accept PayPal. Their reasons for not taking those forms of payment are weird. That needs to be straightened out FAST so they be better at Ecommerce.

#3. They don't need a showroom with all that crazy #%^. At least not yet...maybe never. They aren't AVI in NYC...

They need a good, functional space, with a good area to meet clients F2F if they choose to. Some greys do that...some do no F2F whatsoever...even if you are next door to them...NO F2F. But, since they want content, F2F is important...so get a decent space.

Build from there. This is how it's been done in the past without drama...unless of course drama is what they are after.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 11:09 AM   #42
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

The timepiece gentleman videos get sketchier and sketchier. Now they want deposits when they have to get the watch from another dealer . Theses guys are a mess.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 11:44 AM   #43
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
#1. They need to put money into their website. It totally 100% SUCKS.

#2. They need to sort out their payment situation. They MUST get this credit card "issue" sorted out and accept PayPal. Their reasons for not taking those forms of payment are weird. That needs to be straightened out FAST so they be better at Ecommerce.

#3. They don't need a showroom with all that crazy #%^. At least not yet...maybe never. They aren't AVI in NYC...

They need a good, functional space, with a good area to meet clients F2F if they choose to. Some greys do that...some do no F2F whatsoever...even if you are next door to them...NO F2F. But, since they want content, F2F is important...so get a decent space.

Build from there. This is how it's been done in the past without drama...unless of course drama is what they are after.
This gets better with every video I watch of theirs. Now, they have decided to open 5 locations. Lol.
Old 16 June 2021, 01:00 PM   #44
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Train wreck waiting to happen….
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 01:51 PM   #45
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
The timepiece gentleman videos get sketchier and sketchier. Now they want deposits when they have to get the watch from another dealer . Theses guys are a mess.

Not sketchier. Not a mess. They are doing what they want and asking for the craziest things with the craziest terms. Simply because crazy people are eating out of their hands and they know it. I love how Marco talks In the latest video about “enjoying your money while letting it appreciate in value” on a Breguet. Ha. Guy should have asked him, if he wants to sell it back to him in a year if he’ll pay him more or at least what he’s paying for it now?? NOT. Marco would come up with some…

Look, people get swept up in the hype and take a gray dealers word at face value, that on them. Honestly TPG are not being right to customers for misleading them and convincing them not a bubble.
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2021, 09:37 PM   #46
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
i think more grey dealers are getting on the youtube train.

end of the day i feel grey market really gives me the most in depth view on how a big grey dealer works. all the interviews and roman going around meeting other dealers and their business.
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 07:29 AM   #47
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Grey Market vs Timepiece Gentleman

Quote:

They provided donations for a Disneyland store front of grey market watches and are probably getting chuck e cheese at best

Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 08:16 AM   #48
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
They need to stfu about watches being guaranteed to appreciate. Its clear they don’t know what the hell they are talking about or they are providing horrible guidance to clients.

Anthony bought a black panther AP and those went from 450 to 250 in a week lol
Old 19 June 2021, 08:18 AM   #49
NimbleNavigator
"TRF" Member

He has a really annoying personality and easy to hate
NimbleNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 08:21 AM   #50
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
They need to stfu about watches being guaranteed to appreciate. Its clear they don’t know what the hell they are talking about or they are providing horrible guidance to clients.

Anthony bought a black panther AP and those went from 450 to 250 in a week lol
I agree. What annoys me is how he pulls these future valuations out of his a** and is so confident it’ll go there once it gets discontinued lol. This is the same guy that bought like 6+ YG green Daytona at hype prices a few months ago as he was positive it’ll be discontinued as it wasn’t on the 2021 price guide.
Old 19 June 2021, 08:37 AM   #51
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
They are juggling growth via YouTube subscribers vs making sound business choices which can be at odds. I don’t dislike them just wish they’d act a bit more like Roman and Adrian and less like pt barnum.
Old 19 June 2021, 08:45 AM   #52
Brew
"TRF" Member

This is SM hustle. It has next to nothing to do with watches.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 08:45 AM   #53
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
I agree. What annoys me is how he pulls these future valuations out of his a** and is so confident it’ll go there once it gets discontinued lol. This is the same guy that bought like 6+ YG green Daytona at hype prices a few months ago as he was positive it’ll be discontinued as it wasn’t on the 2021 price guide.

It’s crazy but you always hear them saying when someone tries to sell them a watch based on market prices, they say valuations on Chrono 24 are hyped and therefore they need to pay much much less. Then you always see them whenever asking “what’s this going for”? Or whenever they make up a price, they always refer to the high price on Chrono 24. So dishonest. And don’t say that’s business. There’s a businessman, and then there’s a sleazy businessman. they match the latter. Definitely not gentlemen. Lol

But hey, they have the views including ours, so they’re going to be laughing all the way to the bank once they monetize YouTube.
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 03:28 PM   #54
bob99
"TRF" Member

They were supposed to upload Week #23 Part 2 today, but never did. Fair enough, sometimes issues pop up... But people have been asking where it is on the YouTube channel, and TPG changed their pinned message to:

With all the negativity in the comments and as many lives it seems we are ruining why don’t we just delete this channel all together?

Kind of funny. People are (justifiably) giving them a hard time in the comments about asking for a $2k investment to build a store, and then two weeks later deciding they're not going to actually build that store. Pointing out there might be some legal ramifications to that.

Anthony posted an IG video on Thursday saying he was in federal court all day in Los Angeles. Did not provide any context as to what he was there for.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 1.18.29 AM.png (58.9 KB, 644 views)
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2021, 11:17 PM   #55
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
They were supposed to upload Week #23 Part 2 today, but never did. Fair enough, sometimes issues pop up... But people have been asking where it is on the YouTube channel, and TPG changed their pinned message to:

With all the negativity in the comments and as many lives it seems we are ruining why don’t we just delete this channel all together?

Kind of funny. People are (justifiably) giving them a hard time in the comments about asking for a $2k investment to build a store, and then two weeks later deciding they're not going to actually build that store. Pointing out there might be some legal ramifications to that.

Anthony posted an IG video on Thursday saying he was in federal court all day in Los Angeles. Did not provide any context as to what he was there for.
That's a pretty odd & bold statement to make, especially since it appears that YouTube has really been his main focus. He doesn't like ANY negative feedback on his social media & has discussed that many times in his videos. He appears to be very thin skinned. My opinion I s that there is an issue behind the scenes. Nobody will give him a lease it appears, he has had to change the way the "ask" for the money is described & accounted for, he really plays fast & loose what the no real game plan. But as always, I'll tune in to see what happens s around the next corner.
Old 20 June 2021, 02:47 AM   #56
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:

He’s never getting rid of that channel. It’s the only way people know who he is, because he’s certainly not a dealer most people would work with. I’m 0% shocked by the store not getting built, these guys are so far over their head.

It’s a matter of time before it all implodes and someone is left holding the bag. I would never sell these guys a watch, when it’s finally over someone’s not getting paid.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 04:58 AM   #57
descartes
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I strongly suspect the delay in posting today’s episode is due to the $$ donors being up in arms over the store not being built and other issues. They really need a strong business lawyer and tax advisor badly.

The watches they take into their personal collections are likely taxable income under the tax code. I wonder if they realize that (among many other issues).
Old 24 June 2021, 08:29 AM   #58
spikep
"TRF" Member

Just saw an Instagram video in which all the “kids” working in the store were wearing different sought after pieces. Kinda put me off. Do they just clean them up and re sell? I’m sorry but for my money I will go elsewhere.
16610 LN, 16610 LV, 126610 LV, 126622 Rhodium, 126710 BLRO jubilee, 126710 BLRO oyster, 126719 Meteorite, 116710 BLNR, 126711 CHNR, 126715 CHNR, 326934 BLACK, 326934 GREEN, 216570 BLACK, 116500LN WHITE, 116500LN BLACK, 126710 VTNR jubilee
spikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 08:34 AM   #59
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
I strongly suspect the delay in posting today’s episode is due to the $$ donors being up in arms over the store not being built and other issues. They really need a strong business lawyer and tax advisor badly.

The watches they take into their personal collections are likely taxable income under the tax code. I wonder if they realize that (among many other issues).
One of their employees said on IG the delay is due to a disagreement between Marco and Anthony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikep View Post
Just saw an Instagram video in which all the “kids” working in the store were wearing different sought after pieces. Kinda put me off. Do they just clean them up and re sell? I’m sorry but for my money I will go elsewhere.
Yes, the sales guys wear store inventory. You’d be surprised how these watches are treated by most secondary dealers before sale and how many hands they pass through. Even DavidSW posts stories on IG out at dinner wearing some of his RM inventory.
Old 24 June 2021, 10:27 AM   #60
spikep
"TRF" Member

16610 LN, 16610 LV, 126610 LV, 126622 Rhodium, 126710 BLRO jubilee, 126710 BLRO oyster, 126719 Meteorite, 116710 BLNR, 126711 CHNR, 126715 CHNR, 326934 BLACK, 326934 GREEN, 216570 BLACK, 116500LN WHITE, 116500LN BLACK, 126710 VTNR jubilee
spikep is offline   Reply With Quote