The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 27 June 2021, 04:07 AM   #661
DGB
"TRF" Member

EWC has 2 CB, one for $108k and another for $112k,

will it ever stop? how high can it go?
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2021, 04:11 AM   #662
mchen42
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Is there anything being produced that's an unwanted model? Seems like the whole brand is in demand. Only thing I can think of is maybe the Linesport.

Well, currently, linesport needs one year waiting time especially for Ti version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mchen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2021, 04:49 AM   #663
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post

Are they selling tho....probably not
HYPE train
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 02:53 AM   #664
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
I completely understand the scarcity of the watches and the problem they have in allocating them. But asking people to come to events when you only have 3 boutiques in the whole US and plan on cutting ADs unfortunately puts most of us who dont live near one out of the game

Agreed -

Old 28 June 2021, 02:56 AM   #665
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Are they selling tho....probably not
HYPE train

There’s always a person that wants it now and is willing to pay… given demand, lack of production, and availability.

Old 28 June 2021, 03:12 AM   #666
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
There’s always a person that wants it now and is willing to pay… given demand, lack of production, and availability.

The problem with CB is that you cannot even put your name down on the waitlist unlike other models.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 03:15 AM   #667
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
The problem with CB is that you cannot even put your name down on the waitlist unlike other models.

Exactly - so someone’s stepping up and paying market value.

Old 28 June 2021, 03:56 AM   #668
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Exactly - so someone’s stepping up and paying market value.

Yes. If you really want it, you just have to pay

Exactly one year ago, it was only $50000. What a crazy year…
Old 28 June 2021, 04:09 AM   #669
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Can’t imagine what will be the market value when FPJ officially announce the discontinuation of the CB.. we all know it is not too far away..

2019 everyone thinks 5711/1a the hype trend and prices are ridiculous and the bubble gonna burst anytime.. take a look at the market price now.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 04:19 AM   #670
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
Can’t imagine what will be the market value when FPJ officially announce the discontinuation of the CB.. we all know it is not too far away..

2019 everyone thinks 5711/1a the hype trend and prices are ridiculous and the bubble gonna burst anytime.. take a look at the market price now.

The CB is practically discontinued in my book as there is no more waitlist and it is only offered sparingly to collectors with a substantial collection. (Exact words from the boutique when I inquired, did not ask further what “substantial” means)
Old 28 June 2021, 04:27 AM   #671
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The CB is practically discontinued in my book as there is no more waitlist and it is only offered sparingly to collectors with a substantial collection. (Exact words from the boutique when I inquired, did not ask further what “substantial” means)
But it is still possible to get one brand new from the fpj. It really depends who the person is and how important is that person to the company. If you are willing to spend a few million bucks in a year, I think a CB will be packaged into the deal.

However, when it is discontinued it is closed. That will be the real test IMHO.
Old 28 June 2021, 07:53 AM   #672
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But it is still possible to get one brand new from the fpj. It really depends who the person is and how important is that person to the company. If you are willing to spend a few million bucks in a year, I think a CB will be packaged into the deal.

Since I don’t have a few millions to spend per year on Journes. (Actually how do you do that? You literally have to buy the entire catalogue to spend millions…) That’s why I put down “in my book”

I guess someone need to bid on the Only Watch special edition in order to spend millions on Journe per year
Old 28 June 2021, 08:42 AM   #673
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Quote:

“Willing to spend a few million bucks in a year with FPJ”.

Said no one ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 01:42 PM   #674
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Since I don’t have a few millions to spend per year on Journes. (Actually how do you do that? You literally have to buy the entire catalogue to spend millions…) That’s why I put down “in my book”

I guess someone need to bid on the Only Watch special edition in order to spend millions on Journe per year
Oh I mean not through the FPJ boutiques but some AD eg The Hourglass .. It is too easy to spent millions.
Old 28 June 2021, 01:43 PM   #675
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtabs View Post
“Willing to spend a few million bucks in a year with FPJ”.

Said no one ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Of corse.
Old 28 June 2021, 01:45 PM   #676
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I mean not through the FPJ boutiques but some AD eg The Hourglass .. It is too easy to spent millions.

My quote regarding CB was from the boutique. I don’t think AD even sees CB nowadays but I can be wrong
Old 28 June 2021, 03:00 PM   #677
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My quote regarding CB was from the boutique. I don’t think AD even sees CB nowadays but I can be wrong
There are only two FPJ Boutiques in Asia namely HK and Tokyo. Other places such as Singapore we have no choice but to go through AD for now.
Old 28 June 2021, 03:33 PM   #678
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There are only two FPJ Boutiques in Asia namely HK and Tokyo. Other places such as Singapore we have no choice but to go through AD for now.

The AD I dealt with in Europe said he is not expecting any CB. The US Boutique told me that CB basically does not “exist” and only will be offered sparingly to collectors with a large Journe collection. Since Hourglass is a large dealer may be they can still pull some strings? But I thought FPJ still needs to approve for the collector so buying a lot of other items which are not FPJ may not help in this case. (Similar to doing an application piece with Patek?)

I hope this will change one day and CB will be a “regular” piece again which we can obtain.
Old 29 June 2021, 01:13 AM   #679
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The AD I dealt with in Europe said he is not expecting any CB. The US Boutique told me that CB basically does not “exist” and only will be offered sparingly to collectors with a large Journe collection. Since Hourglass is a large dealer may be they can still pull some strings? But I thought FPJ still needs to approve for the collector so buying a lot of other items which are not FPJ may not help in this case. (Similar to doing an application piece with Patek?)

I hope this will change one day and CB will be a “regular” piece again which we can obtain.
We all hope so too.. however, the CB have been around for a decade or so.. if I am not mistaken, it’s the longest running “production” FPJ in the entire FPJ line up (please correct me if I am wrong) .. if so, FPJ might be introducing something to replace the CB.. I have seen the green version (limited I believe and the brown too).
Old 29 June 2021, 01:16 AM   #680
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We all hope so too.. however, the CB have been around for a decade or so.. if I am not mistaken, it’s the longest running “production” FPJ in the entire FPJ line up (please correct me if I am wrong) .. if so, FPJ might be introducing something to replace the CB.. I have seen the green version (limited I believe and the brown too).

Argh!!! Not green
Old 29 June 2021, 02:14 AM   #681
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

F.P. Journe Chronometer Bleu pricing going through the roof!

Quote:
Argh!!! Not green

IMG_9738.png
Photo credit: www.fpjourne.com
Old 29 June 2021, 02:16 AM   #682
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

IMO, Journe doesn’t innovate enough. No new models releases. Ok updating some models but I really think he can do better than updating models like resonance.
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 04:42 AM   #683
unknown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg View Post
IMO, Journe doesn’t innovate enough. No new models releases. Ok updating some models but I really think he can do better than updating models like resonance.
Is this a joke?

They make 800 watches per year
And they offer
Simple watches
Big date
Moonphase
Chronograph
Annual calendar
Perpetual calendar
Split second
Tourbillons
Repeaters
Resonance
Astronomic

Combination of all these complications and probably a few I forgot

All of them in-house movements

And you call them not innovative ??????????????
Old 29 June 2021, 04:55 AM   #684
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Is this a joke?

They make 800 watches per year
And they offer
Simple watches
Big date
Moonphase
Chronograph
Annual calendar
Perpetual calendar
Split second
Tourbillons
Repeaters
Resonance
Astronomic

Combination of all these complications and probably a few I forgot

All of them in-house movements

And you call them not innovative ??????????????
Not a joke. You are focused on mechanism. I am focused on design.
Putting a power reserve instead of a moonphase at the same position on the same dial is not making a new model for me. I understand that for you it is.
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 11:02 AM   #685
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomberg View Post
Not a joke. You are focused on mechanism. I am focused on design.
Putting a power reserve instead of a moonphase at the same position on the same dial is not making a new model for me. I understand that for you it is.

I would agree with you on this one. That is not a fundamental enough change to qualify as diversity of model type. Simply option changes on one model instead.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 11:31 AM   #686
dh1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post

I've been watching the stock / trends at some of the major sites. Here's what I've seen this month.
  • EWC had one for 109,500 pop up on and was "incoming" for a few days. On June 1st it was listed with a price and it went "on hold" and delisted within a few hours.
  • EWC had another at 116,500 on June 9th, same deal. Gone within hours.
  • As you point out, EWC now has two listed. They've both been sitting there for at least a week, probably more.
  • Watchbox also had two listed at roughly 105 and 110. The 105 just sold. But they had two for maybe a week.
I feel like we have seen a subjective change in the trend shape. For months you couldn't find one anywhere. Any CB that came in went out the door instantly. Now they are sitting for longer. I observed the same thing with the AP 15202ST. They would go "on hold" before they were even listed. Now at one point recently EWC had 3 of them simultaneously (the same time they had 2 CBs).

So I feel like we may be past the peak of this particular market cycle for now (or at least a pause).
dh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 02:02 PM   #687
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh1 View Post
I've been watching the stock / trends at some of the major sites. Here's what I've seen this month.
  • EWC had one for 109,500 pop up on and was "incoming" for a few days. On June 1st it was listed with a price and it went "on hold" and delisted within a few hours.
  • As you point out, EWC now has two listed. They've both been sitting there for at least a week, probably more.
  • Watchbox also had two listed at roughly 105 and 110. The 105 just sold. But they had two for maybe a week.
I feel like we have seen a subjective change in the trend shape. For months you couldn't find one anywhere. Any CB that came in went out the door instantly. Now they are sitting for longer. I observed the same thing with the AP 15202ST. They would go "on hold" before they were even listed. Now at one point recently EWC had 3 of them simultaneously (the same time they had 2 CBs).

So I feel like we may be past the peak of this particular market cycle for now (or at least a pause).
... and 5711/1A and 5980/1R are sitting there for months not moving at ridiculous asking price.
Old 29 June 2021, 03:27 PM   #688
Becweb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliazzurri View Post
I would agree with you on this one. That is not a fundamental enough change to qualify as diversity of model type. Simply option changes on one model instead.
+3. If you're not into their general design, you'd never purchase a watch from FPJ as they all look the same.
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 08:27 PM   #689
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh1 View Post

Looks like the dealers went ahead of themselves regarding the CB.

Of the 2 CBs currently listed by EWC they have reduced the 108.5k one from 2015 to 99.5k after days only (keeping the 112.5k one from 2019 unchanged).

Still wondering if the 2 CBs listed briefly for 109.5k and 116.5k some 4 weeks ago did get sold or just delisted as neither had showed up under Recently Sold. In contrast, for example, the 5711 blue from 2018 that came in days ago is already showing under Recently Sold.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 10:40 PM   #690
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

EWC has quite a few wealthy clients who regularly buy watches from them and then trade (or sell) those same watches back to EWC a short time later. This makes it impossible to tell if a watch that disappears and then reappears (a) didn't sell, (b) sold and was then returned back to EWC (e.g., because there was a warranty issue or because the person didn't like it), or (c) sold and was traded or sold back to EWC.

There was one watch in particular (not an FPJ) that I thought was hideous and would joke about it w/them when I'd see it back in the store every few months.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote