The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 July 2021, 11:45 AM   #1
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Breitling Superocean 44

Just picked up a new Breitling Superocean 44. Strap sizing was easy and the micro adjustment in the clasp was an unexpected bonus. This was an impulse buy and I had no idea about that.

Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 11:51 AM   #2
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Nice watch! As far as I know, the 42 Superocean Heritages B2 don't come with this strap option, or this strap can't be fitted onto the watch, which is a real shame!
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 07:50 PM   #3
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Love the yellow! I have the SO 42, and wish they made the 42 in yellow. Might have to try and rock the 44. You are right, the strap option with clasp is awesome!
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 10:31 PM   #4
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Congrats on acquiring this piece, Roger! I was pleasantly surprised to see the clasp as well, as I also had no idea prior. Enjoy in good health!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 11:08 PM   #5
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST15 View Post
Love the yellow! I have the SO 42, and wish they made the 42 in yellow. Might have to try and rock the 44. You are right, the strap option with clasp is awesome!

Yeah, the 42 in yellow with the micro-adjustment clasp would be great. Luckily I have large enough to wrists to manage the 44. Heck I have the 47mm Avenger Blackbird, and wear it well, but it’s also Ti, so much lighter than the SO.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 7 July 2021, 11:08 PM   #6
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Congrats on acquiring this piece, Roger! I was pleasantly surprised to see the clasp as well, as I also had no idea prior. Enjoy in good health!

Thanks Rommel.
Old 7 July 2021, 11:09 PM   #7
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
Nice watch! As far as I know, the 42 Superocean Heritages B2 don't come with this strap option, or this strap can't be fitted onto the watch, which is a real shame!

True - it doesn’t seem like a stretch to add the micro adjustment to the 42.
Old 8 July 2021, 08:55 AM   #8
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Nice pickup
Old 15 July 2021, 01:06 AM   #9
OCRob
"TRF" Member

Nice, I like the strap and buckle.
OCRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:11 PM   #10
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Nice, congrats. I've been seriously looking at this one as well......your post isn't helping! I wasn't aware of the clasp feature. Did it come with that buckle or was that added after?
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:29 PM   #11
PekWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

I recently got avenger bandit with that same strap and buckle. The build quality and adjustability is outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCRob View Post
Nice, I like the strap and buckle.
PekWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 02:11 PM   #12
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Breitling Superocean 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Nice, congrats. I've been seriously looking at this one as well......your post isn't helping! I wasn't aware of the clasp feature. Did it come with that buckle or was that added after?

You can order this with the deployant, strap/tang buckle, or bracelet.

Really enjoying this piece.

Old 22 July 2021, 02:14 PM   #13
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
You can order this with the deployant, strap/tang buckle, or bracelet.
Thanks
Old 22 July 2021, 11:18 PM   #14
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Normally, I'd find a yellow dial garish on a watch, but since it is Breitling's corporate color it just makes sense. I also love the Diver Pro strap. Great choice.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 11:34 PM   #15
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post

Really enjoying this piece.
Thanks for sharing these pictures. I really love it and think it looks best in yellow. Just need to find a dealer who has one in stock to try.
Most here stock 42 but no 44. And the yellow is just so, so nice!

Are your other watches still getting some wrist time? I think it would be a hard for me to take the yellow one off during summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
Normally, I'd find a yellow dial garish on a watch, but since it is Breitling's corporate color it just makes sense. I also love the Diver Pro strap. Great choice.
Thanks
My incoming
Old 23 July 2021, 12:50 AM   #16
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
Thanks for sharing these pictures. I really love it and think it looks best in yellow. Just need to find a dealer who has one in stock to try.

Are your other watches still getting some wrist time? I think it would be a hard for me to take the yellow one off during summer.

Thanks
My incoming
Looks like I am just wrong about yellow...
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 12:26 PM   #17
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post

Thanks
My incoming

Sweet Glashutte!

I was on an RV roast trip and this is the only watch I took, so it was the 18th day in a row for this one and I haven’t tired of it. Got home tonight so I have options again but I’m not in a hurry to put on something else. I think that’s a good sign it’s a keeper.
Old 25 July 2021, 12:28 PM   #18
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post

Thanks. The strap is very comfy and holds the heavy watch head in place and keeps it from flopping around.
Old 25 July 2021, 12:29 PM   #19
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

It still looks like new!! Awesome watch. I really miss this strap option on the superocean 42
Old 25 July 2021, 09:06 PM   #20
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
It still looks like new!! Awesome watch. I really miss this strap option on the superocean 42
This strap option with adjustable clasp is available on the Superocean 42!!
IMG_4809 (1).jpeg
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2021, 09:51 PM   #21
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GST15 View Post
This strap option with adjustable clasp is available on the Superocean 42!!
Attachment 1235004
forgot to mention mine's a superocean heritage 42. would this strap work too?
Old 26 July 2021, 01:57 AM   #22
Jagsie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN,126660-JC
Nice.
Love it. I have the older big brother.

Jagsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 02:08 AM   #23
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsie View Post
Nice.
Love it. I have the older big brother.

Nice!
Old 26 July 2021, 04:36 AM   #24
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

Great pictures and great watch, just love the yellow dial ! Really really cool, great choice sir!
GreatCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2021, 02:06 PM   #25
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCircle View Post
Great pictures and great watch, just love the yellow dial ! Really really cool, great choice sir!

Thanks. It’s one I looked at for years, but never pulled the trigger to buy. I was recently looking at a Sinn U1 on rubber, but didn’t want the newer SW movement, so I started looking at others on rubber straps again and came across it again. I texted a friend to ask him to talk me out of it and he laughed and say he couldn’t, so I went for it and glad I did.
Old 7 August 2021, 09:00 AM   #26
donas
Banned

Damn you Roger.... Just picked it up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210806_185634.jpg (45.3 KB, 838 views)
Old 7 August 2021, 09:47 AM   #27
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Damn you Roger.... Just picked it up

Nice! The rubber bracelet is easy to size. I recommend making the 6 o’clock side shorter as it want to flop towards the 12 as you let your arm relax by your side.

You’re going to love it! I have a pretty nice collection but my standards, but very few have been worn in the last 30 days since getting this. The yellow is fun and brightens my day every time I see it and the rubber is great for summer.
Old 7 August 2021, 09:50 AM   #28
donas
Banned

Thanks for the tip! I really like the larger diameter but slim design, best of both worlds.

You were definitely the bad influence enabler on this one .... And I thank you!
Old 8 August 2021, 03:48 AM   #29
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I really like the larger diameter but slim design, best of both worlds.

You were definitely the bad influence enabler on this one .... And I thank you!

Just saw this and it made me laugh. We can loan it to a sperm whale but can’t visit the Titanic.
Old 19 August 2021, 01:11 PM   #30
MRJOHAL
"TRF" Member

Beautiful, I fell in love with the yellow dial 44 as well in Denver and made an impulse buy over the orange dial. Enjoy in good health!
MRJOHAL is offline   Reply With Quote