The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 August 2021, 06:38 AM   #1
Booty
"TRF" Member

Rolex explorer 2 black face under guarantee (just)

Hi

My first post! My watch unfortunately made a squeaky/annoying sound all of a sudden so took it back to the shop. This is my first rolex watch and the dealer was superb. It’s been on my wrist constantly and I’m a plumber by trade so has taken many knocks, scratches and I’m afraid to say chips on the glass.

When the watch was handed back I asked for a letter from rolex but received nothing but a phone call from the shop saying they will repair it for free under guarantee. But will be charged for new glass and a polish of bracelet at an extremely low price which again rolex are very generous to do this for me and I’m certainly not complaining..

I did ask what went wrong with the watch but no one is willing to say. I voiced a concern that I don’t really want it to be sending it back every 4 years so I’ve decided not to wear it to work which I’m gutted about. Only a small handful of watch lovers ever realised it was a rolex in the first place which I wanted because I adore the sub blue/gold (hopefully next watch) but would I feel not appropriate for a tool watch

Please don’t think I disrespect the brand and think it’s showing off by wearing it to work. I just enjoy the watch so much that I don’t want to not wear it. I’m ex forces and this will sound strange but took me a couple of months to get use to wearing it so now I’m not it really does feel odd, like a piece of me missing. Every minute of the day I’m aware that I’m not wearing it and it’s such a pain looking at my phone to find out what time it is.
Booty is offline   Reply With Quote