The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 September 2006, 10:46 AM   #1
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust
Want advice on my next purchase.

I have a SS Datejust with a blue rolex rolex rolex dial and diamond markers with a oyster band. I love my watch but something on the inside said it needed to be 2 toned. (the wife didn't want let me look around she said that is the one lol) I don't think I can part with it too, so something tells me I have rolex fever.

So I am off to the AD to pick out a new one.
I am thinking 2 tone datejust with a white face and gold roman numerals. My wife knows I wanted a White mother of pearl face too, but I think I just want white. I really just want a classy watch that is timeless as the brand. I also think that maybe I should reserve getting MOP white until I can afford a presidential rollie

Any opinions on a new one for me?
Thurnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2006, 10:58 AM   #2
viper
"TRF" Member

it's a beautiful watch. TT white dial w/ romans is classic IMO.

if you can afford it & it puts a helluva smile on your face THEN GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2006, 11:25 AM   #3
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

TT DJ, now that is a great watch.

Might I suggest a jubilie bracelet as it will be a good contrast to your ss/ss DJ on an oyster band.

I like specialty dials, I bought a pyramid ivory roman dial. If you get a chance look at one and hold it in your hand before you make your final dial decision, it is pretty amazing, IMHO. But when you see it, you will know right away if you must have it, or it is a pass. The grey dial with gold romans is stunning too.

Good luck with your next purchase and do post pics...
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2006, 11:52 AM   #4
C.J.
"TRF" Member

You can't get anymore classic that a TT DJ with white dial and romans
Old 24 September 2006, 03:35 PM   #5
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Today I saw what I thought was the TT GMT Anniv. I leapt for it and then saw that it was only a TT Sub with a black dial.

Now I guess the subbies are gonna beat me up.

Well if they do not find me TT GMT before the price hike I may get the sub. It is pretty indeed!
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2006, 03:41 PM   #6
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
you cant go wrong with a classic, I also suggest Jubilee bracelet when going with TT :)

RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2006, 04:55 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
The new style DJ with broader case and vastly improved Jubilee bracelet with a white Roman dial would be one of the classiest dress watches out there!!

Go get it, pal!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2006, 01:57 AM   #8
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

I am looking to beat the price increase too. My AD has one I love, but it looks like the cyclops is just barely off center. Rather than being perfectly centered it was just a little lower but the top of the cyclops lined up with the top of the date area. Is it a defect? No one else noticed it until I pointed it out; and holding the watch differently made it line up perfectly. However comparing it against other DJ it still was a millimeter or 2 off.
Old 25 September 2006, 02:09 AM   #9
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerF View Post
you cant go wrong with a classic, I also suggest Jubilee bracelet when going with TT :)

I like your DJ with romans too, it has the elagance of a grandfather clock and reminds me of my grandfathers clock collection in a good way, but the TT DJ Jubilee I looked at had gold romans on a bright white face.

Old 25 September 2006, 04:06 AM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurnau View Post
I am looking to beat the price increase too. My AD has one I love, but it looks like the cyclops is just barely off center. Rather than being perfectly centered it was just a little lower but the top of the cyclops lined up with the top of the date area. Is it a defect? No one else noticed it until I pointed it out; and holding the watch differently made it line up perfectly. However comparing it against other DJ it still was a millimeter or 2 off.
In certain angles, I do agree that the cyclops "appears" to be off centre. If you like that particular piece, have their watchmaker check it out for cyclops alignment.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2006, 09:23 AM   #11
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
In certain angles, I do agree that the cyclops "appears" to be off centre. If you like that particular piece, have their watchmaker check it out for cyclops alignment.

Good luck - JJ
Cyclops alignment. That's a new one. Do they do this when they adjust your tie rods?
Old 26 September 2006, 10:25 AM   #12
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Actually it did need an alignment. There is a line on the crystal when you take the bezel off. I told my salesman I wanted it and it took about an hour for them to get to it. It looks perfect compared to my other rollie now. I picked it up today and will take some pics soon:)