The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 November 2021, 03:20 AM   #61
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
LOL. Blue watch craze is a fad and will go away. As I have a blue one already, I am loving the fact that silver and black dial VCs are still attainable at MSRP with some wait. Btw, gray is a neutral, goes with everything. Easy win.
Old 23 November 2021, 05:31 AM   #62
deuxani
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Wear it and enjoy it. On the rubber or alligator strap, very few people are going to recognize it. Even on a bracelet it doesn't scream "Rolex, Patek or AP", which is what most people (both good and bad) will recognize anyway.

If watches become valued so high that they never get worn then they might as well be valueless.
In the city where I live expensive watches have become a source of income for organized crime sadly. Even though it’s definitely still less recognizable, I don’t feel comfortable wearing something so expensive on me. When it was €16.000 I was OK with it (and even 2 years ago there was less watch crime), but not €40.000. So I will let someone else enjoy it instead and get something else in return (the White Birch and Reverso Tribute most likely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Just curious... How did you get a 4500V for EUR 9k in 2019? Sounds like a major steal.
I traded a Sub LV I paid €6.500 and an extra €2.500 of cash on top with the Overseas. The Sub LV was trading at €13.000 back then and the blue Overseas for about €16.500. I took the extra effort to come and pick it up as the seller didn’t want to send it.
So yeah, it was a great deal :) I wore it every day and everywhere. Bracelet and rubber, it’s so versatile and so finely finished. But it’s time to say goodbye.
deuxani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2021, 08:43 AM   #63
2024 Pledge Member

That’s truly unfortunate. It’s sad we no longer live in times when we can enjoy the very things that we work hard to buy.

My backup plan is a Casio G-Shock. If we ever get to a point where those are getting stolen point blank, we’re all in trouble.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2021, 11:15 AM   #64
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s truly unfortunate. It’s sad we no longer live in times when we can enjoy the very things that we work hard to buy.

My backup plan is a Casio G-Shock. If we ever get to a point where those are getting stolen point blank, we’re all in trouble.
There are some $7k GShocks, so you never know!
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2021, 11:44 AM   #65
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
There are some $7k GShocks, so you never know!
Haha yes! Mine aren’t worth anywhere near that but if watch values keep climbing next year might be the year!
Old 23 November 2021, 06:41 PM   #66
deuxani
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Amsterdam itself is a very safe city to live in, crime rates are really low in comparison to other capitals or big cities (12 murders in 2020, mostly within a family). It’s really just watches that suddenly got a huge amount of attention due to social media. There was literally a Rolex mafia hunting celebrities for their watches they posted on social media. They even worked on order base!

But even so, expensive watches have become too recognizable. For those criminals it’s the easiest money they can make. Normally if you rob someone you get a couple of euros in the wallet and a phone. Rob someone of their 20k+ watch…. that’s a big jump.

A G-Shock is always a good option :)
deuxani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 07:41 PM   #67
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I was one of those collectors. I expressed interest in the Everest a long time ago.

Instead, a bunch of random social media personalities got one. Some definitely deserved it (as they were also collectors), many did not, the main thing they had going for them is they're "influencers."

Also, Green Dial 5711's. What a joke. Mr. Stern even said himself when he teased it that it'll be a nightmare for ADs.

Ok.

So, why do it if you already know it's going to be a disaster for ADs and their ability to maintain most of their relationships with their loyalists?

Thanks for that, ya chump.

I’ve not influenced anybody. I guess I was just lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2021, 10:36 PM   #68
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
I’ve not influenced anybody. I guess I was just lucky
Based on current trends and collector experiences, you were, indeed, fortunately lucky.

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy in the greatest of health!
Old 25 November 2021, 08:17 AM   #69
2024 Pledge Member

Same boat. I'm not on social other than TRF and have yet to take or post a wrist shot. I enjoy sharing pics not to brag about what I have but because these are so rare and it allows others to somewhat enjoy what they otherwise can't see in person.

I've worn my DT Everest daily since getting it about a month ago. I'm sure many are sitting in massive collections not getting worn, but mine isn't one of them. It's easily my most favorite watch purchase ever. I'm truly grateful and lucky to own it.

And, as much as I want(ed) a 15202IP or green 5711, at this point I wouldn't trade this for either one of them.

Old 25 November 2021, 08:23 AM   #70
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Same boat. I'm not on social other than TRF and have yet to take or post a wrist shot. I enjoy sharing pics not to brag about what I have but because these are so rare and it allows others to somewhat enjoy what they otherwise can't see in person.

I've worn my DT Everest daily since getting it about a month ago. I'm sure many are sitting in massive collections not getting worn, but mine isn't one of them. It's easily my most favorite watch purchase ever. I'm truly grateful and lucky to own it.

And, as much as I want(ed) a 15202IP or green 5711, at this point I wouldn't trade this for either one of them.

Completely agree. (Granted, I don't have the Everest -- but still, I wouldn't trade it for those two, either.)