The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 6 December 2021, 05:42 AM   #2671
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
This race is a disaster. Nothing but RF, VSC’s, and SC.
yeah huge mess all around. i wonder if max would've been able to keep the lead without having to give it up anyway, his tires were done on lap 46? or 47. lewis looked so locked in those last few laps
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:44 AM   #2672
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Looks like quite the grand finale for the last race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:45 AM   #2673
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
yeah huge mess all around. i wonder if max would've been able to keep the lead without having to give it up anyway, his tires were done on lap 46? or 47. lewis looked so locked in those last few laps
I really hope there are adjustments made to the track to make it safer with less wrecks.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:47 AM   #2674
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Race of the decade and not exactly for the best of reasons.

The 5 Second Penalty was unnecessary. That's when the race changed. Max knew he could never clear LH by 5 seconds so it was no use in fighting him further. MaFIA decided today's race.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 05:48 AM   #2675
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

SKY still trying to figure out what the 5 second penalty was for.
Old 6 December 2021, 06:12 AM   #2676
Uggi
Banned

Best part was Verstappen stomping off the podium in a sulk. Took his ball home in a proper huff.
Silly little boy.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 06:24 AM   #2677
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
SKY still trying to figure out what the 5 second penalty was for.
Verstappen now has five points against his F1 license.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 06:30 AM   #2678
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Difficult with the break-test and if there is anything at all there. However, think it's an issue that Max "cant" be passed on the outside, as he continuously breaks to late to make the corner, causing a crash/no crash scenario. Didn't get punished in Brazil, there were 5 seconds here. Somewhat similar situation in Monza imo.
The argument of being side-by-side is also a bit underwhelming, as you will ultimately always end up being on the side, if you are not breaking for the corner.
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 06:41 AM   #2679
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

The radio comment between Mercedes and the FIA was telling. Mercedes didn't know that the FIA told Max to give the spot back which led to Lewis hitting Max in the back. There was plenty of room on the inside for Lewis to pass, but I think he was being:

1. Cautious on a VSC again

2. Didn't know what was going on and was unsure about passing and getting some type of penalty

The Max giving Lewis the spot a second time. It was never mentioned if he was told to give up the place again or not.
Old 6 December 2021, 06:49 AM   #2680
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The radio comment between Mercedes and the FIA was telling. Mercedes didn't know that the FIA told Max to give the spot back which led to Lewis hitting Max in the back. There was plenty of room on the inside for Lewis to pass, but I think he was being:

1. Cautious on a VSC again

2. Didn't know what was going on and was unsure about passing and getting some type of penalty

The Max giving Lewis the spot a second time. It was never mentioned if he was told to give up the place again or not.
saw people point out that it was right before a DRS zone so max wanted to give the lead away where he did and retake during DRS zone while lewis wanted to overtake during the DRS zone instead and tried to hold off as long as he could. your reasons make a lot of sense too, lot of confusion after the kind of race it was
Old 6 December 2021, 06:54 AM   #2681
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Verstappen now has five points against his F1 license.
Did Max get penalty points today?
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 07:20 AM   #2682
Wes911
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Lots of craziness in that race.
Whether you are a Max or Lewis fan they are square going into the last race and next weekend should be super exciting.
Hoping we get a cleaner race and it is actually decided on the track and not by some penalty nonsense.
I am pleased they are tied because now we shouldn't have to worry about one of the teammates coming in late for tires to get the fast lap point and having that single point be the decider. It will all come down to Max vs Lewis. Also hoping for no mechanical failure on either car to settle it.
Wes911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 07:38 AM   #2683
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Did Max get penalty points today?
Yes! 1 point, so five in total for the past 12 months
Old 6 December 2021, 08:12 AM   #2684
NAVY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
Yes! 1 point, so five in total for the past 12 months
Where did you see or hear this?
NAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 08:29 AM   #2685
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY View Post
Where did you see or hear this?
If you google "FIA F1 decision documents" then it will take you to the below site, where they list all the incidents, team summons and decisions. Think its the same source all the tv networks use

(https://www.fia.com/documents/season...hampionship-14)

You will also see there that there is no final classification yet, and hence discussions are ongoing
Old 6 December 2021, 08:49 AM   #2686
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

and he got a few more

Car 33 braked in a manner which caused a collision with Car 44 in turn 26.
Breach of Article 2 (e) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.
10 second time penalty imposed after the race (10 seconds added to elapsed race time).
2 penalty points (total of 7 for the 12 month period).

The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 33 (Max Verstappen), the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and team representative, reviewed the video and telemetry evidence and determined that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly at fault.
At turn 21 the driver of car 33 was given the instruction to give back a position to car 44 and was told by the team to do so “strategically”. Car 33 slowed significantly at turn 26. However, it was obvious that neither driver wanted to take the lead prior to DRS detection line 3.
The driver of Car 33 stated that he was wondering why Car 44 had not overtaken and the driver of Car 44 stated that, not having been aware at that stage that Car 33 was giving the position back, was unaware of the reason Car 33 was slowing. In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration.
Whilst accepting that the driver of Car 44 could have overtaken Car 33 when that car first slowed, we understand why he (and the driver of Car 33) did not wish to be the first to cross the DRS.
However, the sudden braking by the driver of Car 33 was determined by the Stewards to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision and hence the standard penalty of 10 seconds for this type of incident, is imposed.
Competitors are reminded that they have the right to appeal certain decisions of the Stewards, in accordance with Article 15 of the FIA International Sporting Code and Chapter 4 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, within the applicable time limits.
Old 6 December 2021, 09:01 AM   #2687
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

So he brake checked.

Next race i'd have BOT take out VER and be done with Max's antics.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 09:11 AM   #2688
denmanproject
"TRF" Member

No shortage of drama this race lol, next one will be interesting all tied up in points
denmanproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 09:27 AM   #2689
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Both Martin Brundle and Damon Hill say that Verstappens driving fell below the required standard today. Clearly some people like Verstappen for driving in such an aggressive way but it isn’t working in his favour with the stewards. Hopefully he’ll grow up before someone gets killed.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 09:28 AM   #2690
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

This thread feels like the FIA, apparently the mods love Hamilton too and dumped my comment.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 09:30 AM   #2691
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
This thread feels like the FIA, apparently the mods love Hamilton too and dumped my comment.

I think that might be because of your offensive reference (p****) towards Hamilton.

Old 6 December 2021, 09:31 AM   #2692
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, hoping for violence is above the line. Furthermore the data from Max’s car showed that he actually did break-check Lewis. Its literally specified just above

“In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration”
Old 6 December 2021, 09:32 AM   #2693
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Both Martin Brundle and Damon Hill say that Verstappens driving fell below the required standard today. Clearly some people like Verstappen for driving in such an aggressive way but it isn’t working in his favour with the stewards. Hopefully he’ll grow up before someone gets killed.

it's unfortunate because there's no doubt that he's a super talented driver but he's out here driving like he's playing a video game not realizing he's gambling with life. maybe saying this is over exaggerating because of how much safer f1 is nowadays but last year showed everyone that it still is as dangerous as it can be with grosjean's crash
Old 6 December 2021, 09:32 AM   #2694
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think that might be because of your offensive reference (p****) towards Hamilton.

I called him a whiner. But that sort of language might be too vile for some crowds.
Old 6 December 2021, 09:35 AM   #2695
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
Well, hoping for violence is above the line. Furthermore the data from Max’s car showed that the actually did break-check Lewis. Its literally specified just above

Violence?! Lol. Good thing you’re a race fan in the modern era, past years would be too violent for you.
Old 6 December 2021, 09:36 AM   #2696
77T

The Official Formula One Thread!

Quote:
Race of the decade and not exactly for the best of reasons.

The 5 Second Penalty was unnecessary. That's when the race changed. Max knew he could never clear LH by 5 seconds so it was no use in fighting him further. MaFIA decided today's race.

I agree it wasn’t the best race or racing - embarrassing at some points. Nobody was covered in glory.

VER could have avoided that first 5sec. penalty if his team was smarter. They outsmarted themselves by dawdling on the giveback. Horner caused his own driver to get that one in my opinion. VER driving was just stupid.

The second penalty for 10sec. showed exactly what the Stewards knew about VER tactics. Data confirms what was seen.

Neither driver demonstrated the stuff on track that fans expect of an F1 champion. HAM also cautioned a B&W would come out if he persisted.

Even the RD came up short by mis-meddling. I really shouldn’t say anything more.

Yas Marina will be the stage - “the play’s the thing”.
Ah, but who will be Hamlet?…and who will be Claudiustappen among the players???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 09:37 AM   #2697
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I called him a whiner. But that sort of language might be too vile for some crowds.

I thought you said whining little P****? It’s gone now anyway.

It’s a real shame because Verstappen is extremely talented however his dangerous driving style is due IMO to a character flaw rather than superior talent.

Old 6 December 2021, 09:41 AM   #2698
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I thought you said whining little P****? It’s gone now anyway.

It’s a real shame because Verstappen is extremely talented however his dangerous driving style is due IMO to a character flaw rather than superior talent.

No no, I know not to cross that line . I imagine it was the crash mention. I think he’s likely extremely talented due to his aggressive style.

He puts the car in what some would call dangerous positions and essentially puts other drivers at a decision. They can give up the position or potentially get run off the track or worse. I wouldn’t want to race against him, but as a fan it’s interesting. Thankfully nobody has been hurt but i imagine that can only go on for so long. They will need to make the penalties much more severe to chill him out. 10-15 seconds would likely get it done.

MOD NOTICE. Yes you did cross that line, then criticized mods for removing your profanity. Take a week off.
Old 6 December 2021, 09:44 AM   #2699
77T

Quote:
Agree VER is gifted with natural fast-twitch skills - but is flawed by slow-twitch or even no-twitch character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 10:03 AM   #2700
Reign
"TRF" Member

Awful track - money can’t buy everything

Merc got super lucky (saying this as a Merc fan)

Max needs to cut the “I win or we crash mentality”

Happy everyone made it through in one piece.

I feel awful for Ocon but really happy Bottas got the podium

Abu Dhabi finally getting what they pay F1 for, a finale for the ages

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote