The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 3 May 2021, 04:15 PM   #1
speedracer
"TRF" Member

Rolex 9083 Restoration advice needed

Hello,

I've recently acquired a Rolex 9083 that needs a lot of work. Mainly the bracelet. The watch is not running but my local watchmaker can fix that but he's not able to work on the bracelet. He has suggested that I send the entire watch off to Michael Yeung.

I wouldn’t mind sending the bracelet to HK from Vancouver Canada but I am pretty hesitant to send the entire watch since I cannot remove the bracelet. Its riveted. I’ve also heard that I might be taxed quite badly upon its return. I plan on insuring it if I do send it but not even sure of the amount to insure it for.

I have worked on restoring a few watches before but not on this level. I’m also thinking of trying to swap out the bracelet for an aftermarket one or even trying to find parts here and there to see if I can just open up the links to replace the broken springs.

Anyone have any input or suggestions? Kind of stuck as to how to go about restoring it. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210502_153611.jpg (222.1 KB, 100 views)
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2021, 07:34 PM   #2
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Send it to Rolliworks instead
Old 13 December 2021, 04:39 PM   #3
LKarryn
"TRF" Member

Update?

Did you manage to finish the restoration? I just bought one myself and am eagerly waiting delivery. Would love to hear how yours turned out.
LKarryn is offline   Reply With Quote