The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 January 2022, 07:43 AM   #31
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufjdmba View Post
Do AD’s follow the grey market enough to identify flippers?
Depends on the size of the market. SE Asia and USA are so large it's difficult. But if your AD never sees you wearing the high-demand watches you've bought from them, they may get suspicious. It's amazing how stupid some people are - like trying to sell their Rolex on Social Media with the serial number clearly visible. The ADs know who they are........
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 10:24 AM   #32
Comewatchme
Banned

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy7 View Post
If you have multiples of a model and decide you really like one version over the other, would you or should you sell it?

I do want to get a Daytona for myself and do worry that selling anything might jeopardize my relationship with the AD. Would like to get folks’ thoughts.

Thats downsizing, it's not a crime my friend. That's what I do when I intend to buy a new watch. You should have a limit on watches, if you need 10 in your collections when ever you are interested in other piece it's always a better idea getting rid of one.

Hope this helps!
Comewatchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2022, 10:37 AM   #33
28mm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj24k View Post
If I owned watches I didn't want or wear anymore, I would have ZERO reservations about selling them for as much as I could get for them.

If selling something you own has any impact on your relationship with your AD, you should get a new AD. And rethink the value of even having an AD.

YOU OWN THEM. THEY'RE YOURS. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THEM.
Idealistic in my opinion. I have a honest and good relationship with my AD and know the hoops that have to be jumped through to get certain models in particular. Sure the OP can do what he wants but a lot of getting certain models or even any watches is relationship dependent. Certainly how long since purchased and what model specifically is also relevant.

I got a 126610LV as my first purchase. I've known the SA for many years in different context. Getting the sale approved required clearly that if I flipped it, it would not be good for the SA who went to bat for me. I don't fully understand the anger in this thread, I get it somewhat but so much is overstated. Sure we can do anything we want but if it's the long game, we accept realities that come with it. No one is doing anything wrong, not the SA or the OP by selling...Nuance matters.

If the OP decides to sell, I'd advise to stay off ebay as that's the most watched...unintentional pun.