The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 31 May 2009, 06:22 AM   #1
arneleo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Running Faster than Usual

My DJ shown has been keeping perfect time since I got it in 2004. But it's never been serviced. Because of the YM that I prefer as daily wear, there'd been often times when the DJ's been on the shelf for days. The winder I've bought which rotates every 30 minutes has not been effective in keeping the DJ wound up. Recently, the DJ is running fast and is 1 minute ahead after 2 to 3 days. Any comments or advice from forum friends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zxc 006 (Large).jpg (61.5 KB, 83 views)
arneleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 07:37 AM   #2
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Well maybe this is two independent issues. Normally 650 turns per day is what's recommended for the DJ and it winds both CW and CCW. I have no idea how that compares to what your winder is doing. Does it have any references with it? Can you adjust the rate?

As far as the DJ speeding up. Have you tried winding it up and leaving it on the table and testing it for a few days? Some watches can run faster at the low end of the power reserve, but this seems like too big rate increase for that. Doesn't seem enough though to indicate magnet exposure.

I'd take the winder out the equation, test it for a few days and if it still runs that fast, I'd say it's time for a service.
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote