The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 February 2022, 07:47 PM   #91
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcash0615 View Post
I’m told MK1. Purchased early in the production run of these.
Nice mark1 for sure!
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 08:13 PM   #92
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
Resellers are desperate to keep up this “rare and expensive” nonsense
What's even worst is the fools who believe all this rare Mk stuff.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 08:33 PM   #93
Fritzli
"TRF" Member

I believe in differences and i even pay an extra for them. Owning 4 16610 LV they are all different. 2 "flat 4" early F Series 2003/2004 the one with a Bertolli green bezel, the other with a darker green. The first rehaut engraved as a random serial one from 2011 - and yes, i appreciate this differences/nuances and it makes absolutely sense as collector! As we all agree for the 16610 LV that there are differences in the bezel and dials - i dont understand why it shouldnt be the same with the 126710 BLRO?! Its obvious that the ones from the first half year of production in 2018 have a different color than the ones from today or in between - sure or you have to be blind! Asked which one will be the most collectable its for sure the MK1 from 2018! And yes, i never would buy a Rolex without papers and a clear (service) history!
Fritzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 08:47 PM   #94
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzli View Post
I believe in differences and i even pay an extra for them. Owning 4 16610 LV they are all different. 2 "flat 4" early F Series 2003/2004 the one with a Bertolli green bezel, the other with a darker green. The first rehaut engraved as a random serial one from 2011 - and yes, i appreciate this differences/nuances and it makes absolutely sense as collector! As we all agree for the 16610 LV that there are differences in the bezel and dials - i dont understand why it shouldnt be the same with the 126710 BLRO?! Its obvious that the ones from the first half year of production in 2018 have a different color than the ones from today or in between - sure or you have to be blind! Asked which one will be the most collectable its for sure the MK1 from 2018! And yes, i never would buy a Rolex without papers and a clear (service) history!
^100 % agreed.
Not to accept the 126710 BLRO bezel inserts colour differences, which are FACTS, one has to be either blind, a fool, or both. If a collector is ready to pay for that is a totally different question, but to neglect the existence is just content-free social media bla bla.
It is also trivial to understand that one can NOT ask an AD or RSC to purchase a specific Mk 1,2,3,4… You will get what they have in stock.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 09:25 PM   #95
Driver8
"TRF" Member

As I've said before I 100% agree you can't walk into an AD, or speak to Rolex, and ask for a Mk 1 or Mk 2 BLRO bezel insert. However, that doesn't mean that they don't exist, and I'm sorry but I just don't buy the argument that it's all down to variations in the firing process.

To suggest that would mean that Rolex's QC is absolutely non-existent on the colour of BLRO bezels. We all know Rolex's QC isn't to the Kool-Aid-drinking levels that some believe it is, but I don't think "near enough is good enough" or "yeah, that'll do" is something Rolex would apply to the production of arguably its most iconic GMT bezel.

Occam's Razor would suggest that it's far more likely that as time has gone on, Rolex have simply got better at the process and have tweaked the colours - possibly in response to the "blurple/pink" comments from watch enthusiasts, or just from their own desire to more closely match the colours of the 16710 BLRO.

I don't know why the idea that the process has been improved over time is so outlandish to some.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 09:31 PM   #96
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

I think the issue with the "mk" Pepsis is that they probably very hard to tell which ones they are unless you're comparing side by side with another model. To me that's not the intention or idea behind a 'mark'. As somebody that's colour blind it's also extremely hard to tell even when side by side.

Example - a Flat 4 16610LV. You know straight away what it is. Same with 'APH', 'swiss only' or the 'mark' dials of the vintage Subs. They are generally distinguishable by specific features rather than slightly different shades. I can understand this for the vintage Subs which were often made in very small numbers and had obvious intentional changes.

Today's landscape is totally different though. Production back then was significantly lower than it is now and it just seems like trying to label 'marks' against specific modern pieces is an attempt to either sell something for more, or for grey dealers to make these mass produced watches more rare than they actually are. Or maybe owners are just more desperate for the 'rare' term to be used on something they have.

More curious though is why we don't see 'marks' against many 5 digit models. There are clear differences with some of the 16610 models for example. Although saying that 'swiss only' seems to be gaining more traction.

In reality, the rarity of these things will only be known way down the line when collectors are looking for them.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 10:01 PM   #97
paxjedi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimps View Post
I got MK1 the day it was released at the ADs a couple of months after the Basel releases.
I smashed the bezel and glass to smithereens when i dropped it on the tile floor.
It came back from the Rolex service centre with a MK2 dial , so does this make my Pepsi a MK1 or mk2 ?
Your watch is now an Mk1.2 = which makes it ultra rare!
Sell it now on Chrono for $45,000.
I am sure many here will buy it.

Old 23 February 2022, 10:03 PM   #98
paxjedi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
And so it starts...

C24 has a 126710 BLRO listed as being Mk1 and Very Rare. It happens to be the most expensive one listed.

On your marks, get set, GO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fool and a lot of his money will soon be parted.

Old 23 February 2022, 10:58 PM   #99
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Ha! Mk2 and 3 guys are going to be soooo pissed now. See, shoulda kept your mouths shut and enjoyed your purple watch. Now you all have the regular non special Pepsi that isn't rare or investment grade and not to mention now all the Purple Pepsi mafia will gain in fame on IG.

Purple Pepsi mafia gets the last laugh.

Purple Pepsi Owners rejoice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B7E948E0-F451-4EE0-897C-D74DB40BC72B.jpeg (99.4 KB, 91 views)
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2022, 01:49 AM   #100
MOXIDUST
"TRF" Member

Watch: Didn't found yet
me 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss oyster View Post
i like the darker color bezel versions myself

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
me 2
MOXIDUST is offline   Reply With Quote