The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2022, 01:22 AM   #1
konkaniman
"TRF" Member

Daytona questions

Quick questions please: Looking at buying my first Daytona. I do like the gold models with the ceramic bezel, but not sure I like the OF band. Would it be possible to fit a gold Daytona bracelet onto the watch (with some adjustments by a jeweler)?

Also, If I do go with full gold Daytona with the gold bezel; was wondering if it can be polished in the future/wouldn't it remove the numbers?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
konkaniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 01:38 AM   #2
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
No- bracelet will not fit ceramic/strap models.

If you go full gold, and want to polish in the future it can be done, but I would suggest not doing it too often (every time you service is fine) You have to be careful as the lugs are not super thick like a Submariner, so sometimes when they polish the watch it takes away some of the lug material. At the same time the bezel has enamel which comes off very easily when being polished. If someone is not paying close attention, it can get ruined easily.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 01:40 AM   #3
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

From what I have read on TRF, the OF bracelet and gold bracelet are not interchangeable. Different mount systems.

On the bezel, the numbers are recessed and should not be effected by polishing unless there is deep damage.

Good luck
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 01:52 AM   #4
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

The oyster flex Daytona end links are part of the watch and can’t be removed. So you can’t put on bracelet or any kind of normal after market strap
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 02:04 AM   #5
FrogWatch
"TRF" Member

You cannot change to a bracelet but can change to a leather strap, etc… I’ve done it. Pretty easy. Black alligator on the white gold ceramic Daytona is a killer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FrogWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 02:06 AM   #6
karleone
"TRF" Member

Not possible to add a gold bracelet to an OysterFlex Daytona. You can repolish the metal bezel but most of the time it doesn’t look good.
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 02:08 AM   #7
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by konkaniman View Post
Quick questions please: Looking at buying my first Daytona. I do like the gold models with the ceramic bezel, but not sure I like the OF band. Would it be possible to fit a gold Daytona bracelet onto the watch (with some adjustments by a jeweler)?

Also, If I do go with full gold Daytona with the gold bezel; was wondering if it can be polished in the future/wouldn't it remove the numbers?

Does this mean you are due an incoming Daytona from an AD? Otherwise, grey I guess?!
Old 16 June 2022, 02:13 AM   #8
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Have you looked at the two-tones? Not everyone’s cup of tea I know, but I feel like the Daytona is complimented well by TT, and most TT configurations are quite beautiful. You may also have a chance of getting one from an AD at msrp (if you don’t have a stellar relationship with an AD currently)…although it may still be quite a long wait judging by the secondary market prices.
Largoshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 02:16 AM   #9
ROLEX*
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by konkaniman View Post

From a scientific point of view, it is totally possible to engineer the first link of the bracelet to fit with the original gold bracelet. It’s all about the craftsmanship

From a collector point of view, it will be more purism to go for the full gold version. You can replace the gold bezel with a ceramic bezel when needed and it’s a reversible process

Over polishing will fade the number yes.
Old 16 June 2022, 02:24 AM   #10
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
The oyster flex Daytona end links are part of the watch and can’t be removed. So you can’t put on bracelet or any kind of normal after market strap
this is not 100% accurate. The end links on the OF models can be removed it just cannot be done easily especially by an amateur without the right knowledge and tools.

I looked into this a few years ago when I bought my first OF daytona. The end links are held into the case with their own spring bars. If you remove those spring bars they become loose but you still can't fully remove them unless you remove the watch bezel, which essentially means taking the watch apart.

Let's just say you could do that (or hire a pro to do that), theoretically the gold bracelet end links should slide into the opening, but the lug hole location would be in the wrong place, which would mean you'd have to drill new lug holes. Even at that point there's no guarantee it would be a tight fit.

So basically, no you can't do it, but with the right amount of determination, resources and money it's possible.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote