The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 June 2022, 03:59 PM   #1
Hsl521
"TRF" Member

How Long Did You Wait For a 34mm RO?

Hi!

I’m new to the forum and I am on the hunt for my first watch! I went to the Beverly Hills store a week ago and Ebony (who was amazing) helped set up my profile. I was originally set on a yellow gold Rolex 31mm datejust at first but when I tried on the 34mm RO I thought to myself “this is the one!” Since I have small wrists (under 5.5”) I can only go for the 34mm size. I attached a pic of me trying it on at the boutique. I put my name down for the pink gold silver dial with diamond bezel, stainless steel blue-grey dial with diamond bezel, and the stainless steel with silver dial.

Anyone here have the 34mm size and if so, how long did you wait for an allocation? I saw old posts about this topic but was wondering if things changed since then. I’m hoping since the 34mm size isn’t as popular, I would be able to get one soon 😁. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7062 5.jpg (32.3 KB, 760 views)
Hsl521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 07:45 PM   #2
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
Do you have other purchase history? I’m at 9 months wait, with also purchasing a code in February. I was looking at just steel and ceramic though (no steel roses and no blue diamond)

If you’re open to other models it may be faster to get those. I’ve had a few other pieces offered to me (a quartz model, and 37 ROO). I wasn’t sure if buying the code would hurt or help me, but the husband loved it and my SA insisted it would only help
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2022, 09:35 PM   #3
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

OP, I was able to get one as a 3rd watch back in very early 2021 last year fairly quickly. Same SA would explain to me by summer of last year, that would not have been possible by the summer.

Things for sure have gotten much harder since even early last year for this reference. I think both demand has picked up and my guess is manufacturing capacity has shifted a bit prioritizing the 50th anniversary pieces.

Part of the issue is I think as more significant others of existing collectors with 5+ watches ask for that piece, your place in line keeps getting delayed.

Watch looks great on your wrist though!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 12:55 AM   #4
benamij
"TRF" Member

Hey,

so a new AP house was opened in Tel Aviv, Israel a few months ago.

I went not long after the open to start a relationship, hopefully to get a RO 41 for my 18 cm wrist(41 ro - it seats perfect on my wrist)

Anyways, I was kindly explained after a very nice conversation that it’ll be much easier to get a 41 ro as first watch after buying a smaller watch for my wife:)

I’d say that 2 months after the visit I got the call, for a 34 blue with diamonds bezel for my wife. A day after me and my wife went to try it and it was WOWWW - but to flashy for her style.

Than the SA gave her to try a white ST 34” which was just perfect The watch was saved for another client who was thinking about it, the SA said that he’ll try to allocate the watch for my wife as she really liked it.

The next day. - he called and the watch was purchased- just amazing.

So for your question - it took me 2 months

BTW - What do you think about the watch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benamij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 01:00 AM   #5
benamij
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsl521 View Post
Hi!

I’m new to the forum and I am on the hunt for my first watch! I went to the Beverly Hills store a week ago and Ebony (who was amazing) helped set up my profile. I was originally set on a yellow gold Rolex 31mm datejust at first but when I tried on the 34mm RO I thought to myself “this is the one!” Since I have small wrists (under 5.5”) I can only go for the 34mm size. I attached a pic of me trying it on at the boutique. I put my name down for the pink gold silver dial with diamond bezel, stainless steel blue-grey dial with diamond bezel, and the stainless steel with silver dial.

Anyone here have the 34mm size and if so, how long did you wait for an allocation? I saw old posts about this topic but was wondering if things changed since then. I’m hoping since the 34mm size isn’t as popular, I would be able to get one soon . Thank you!

Hey,

I went not long after the open to start a relationship, hopefully to get a RO 41 for my 18 cm wrist(41 ro - it seats perfect on my wrist)

Anyways, I was kindly explained after a very nice conversation that it’ll be much easier to get a 41 ro as first watch after buying a smaller watch for my wife:)

I’d say that 2 months after the visit I got the call, for a 34 blue with diamonds bezel for my wife. A day after me and my wife went to try it and it was WOWWW - but to flashy for her style.

Than the SA gave her to try a white ST 34” which was just perfect The watch was saved for another client who was thinking about it, the SA said that he’ll try to allocate the watch for my wife as she really liked it.

Old 13 June 2022, 03:38 AM   #6
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
Oh darn... I went to that store few months ago and they almost laughed at me when I said I wanted a RO, without purchase history. They mentioned I had to get a couple of watches first (different codes) to be even considered.
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 06:18 AM   #7
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobs View Post
Oh darn... I went to that store few months ago and they almost laughed at me when I said I wanted a RO, without purchase history. They mentioned I had to get a couple of watches first (different codes) to be even considered.
Back in august 2021 or so they seemed to suggest it was doable as a first piece in 34. Seems like times have changed!
Old 13 June 2022, 09:49 AM   #8
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Last fall, I got offered it without asking, about two months after I bought my first AP (15450). They thought my spouse would like it, but unlike me she’s not an AP fan, so I had to politely pass. So keep optimistic, you might get this sooner rather than later!
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2022, 11:45 AM   #9
Hsl521
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi-cucumber View Post
Do you have other purchase history? I’m at 9 months wait, with also purchasing a code in February. I was looking at just steel and ceramic though (no steel roses and no blue diamond)

If you’re open to other models it may be faster to get those. I’ve had a few other pieces offered to me (a quartz model, and 37 ROO). I wasn’t sure if buying the code would hurt or help me, but the husband loved it and my SA insisted it would only help
Thanks for your response! No purchase history. Unfortunately anything above 34mm is too big for me :( I was open to quartz but they informed me it’s been discontinued so no longer offering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
OP, I was able to get one as a 3rd watch back in very early 2021 last year fairly quickly. Same SA would explain to me by summer of last year, that would not have been possible by the summer.

Things for sure have gotten much harder since even early last year for this reference. I think both demand has picked up and my guess is manufacturing capacity has shifted a bit prioritizing the 50th anniversary pieces.

Part of the issue is I think as more significant others of existing collectors with 5+ watches ask for that piece, your place in line keeps getting delayed.

Watch looks great on your wrist though!
Thanks for your response. Makes sense existing collectors purchasing for significant others might delay my potential allocation :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by benamij View Post
Hey,

Thanks for your response! I loved the silver dial in person it looked so clean and classic! The blue dial with the diamonds is actually my first pick! You said it was too flashy for your wife’s style, was it the diamond bezel? I’ve never seen the blue one in person. The SA also told me the blue dial is the hardest to get. I also put my name down for all pink gold because I wear a lot of rose gold / yellow gold jewelry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobs View Post
Thanks for your response! Yea no one mentioned I have to buy different watches first. I just don’t think it would be possible for me since my wrists are small. The sales associate didn’t even let me try on a 37mm after seeing the 34mm on me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentGreenChi View Post
Last fall, I got offered it without asking, about two months after I bought my first AP (15450). They thought my spouse would like it, but unlike me she’s not an AP fan, so I had to politely pass. So keep optimistic, you might get this sooner rather than later!
Thanks for your response! Trying to be optimistic😁
Old 13 June 2022, 09:11 PM   #10
benamij
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for your response! I loved the silver dial in person it looked so clean and classic! The blue dial with the diamonds is actually my first pick! You said it was too flashy for your wife’s style, was it the diamond bezel? I’ve never seen the blue one in person. The SA also told me the blue dial is the hardest to get. I also put my name down for all pink gold because I wear a lot of rose gold / yellow gold jewelry.

From my experience, and I guess some will disagree with me here - Don't buy a watch cause it's on a higher demand if you don't LOVE it. unless you are a fliper. It'll eventually seat in your safe instead on your wrist.

You are paying a lot of money for a watch - you better really like it, otherwise, what's the point?

here r some pics of them on my wife's wrist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg white.jpg (25.7 KB, 562 views)
File Type: jpg blue.jpg (37.8 KB, 566 views)
Old 14 June 2022, 03:59 AM   #11
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi!

Anyone here have the 34mm size and if so, how long did you wait for an allocation? I saw old posts about this topic but was wondering if things changed since then. I’m hoping since the 34mm size isn’t as popular, I would be able to get one soon . Thank you!

Was lucky enough to pick one up earlier this year. I waited for about a year from the boutique but hadnt heard anything back. Luckily I found one at my local AD (an existing customer didn't want it), explained the situation to the boutique and was told to go for it since they hadn't seen one in a few months. So overall more than 1.5y I guess?

That's just my situation, so not saying it's applicable for you or anyone else.

Good luck!

messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2022, 10:09 AM   #12
impactplayer
"TRF" Member

I got one for my wife in June 2021 as a first piece. It was about a nine month wait.
impactplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 06:27 AM   #13
Hsl521
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benamij View Post
From my experience, and I guess some will disagree with me here - Don't buy a watch cause it's on a higher demand if you don't LOVE it. unless you are a fliper. It'll eventually seat in your safe instead on your wrist.

You are paying a lot of money for a watch - you better really like it, otherwise, what's the point?

here r some pics of them on my wife's wrist.
WOW🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍 both looks amazing on your wife!
Yes the blue face with the diamond bezel I love the most because it has that extra wow factor with the diamonds but still being subtle however my chances of being offered one is slim to none haha. The pink gold I feel like might be too much for me but I guess we will see if I ever get offered one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Was lucky enough to pick one up earlier this year. I waited for about a year from the boutique but hadnt heard anything back. Luckily I found one at my local AD (an existing customer didn't want it), explained the situation to the boutique and was told to go for it since they hadn't seen one in a few months. So overall more than 1.5y I guess?

That's just my situation, so not saying it's applicable for you or anyone else.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response! Which color combo did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post
I got one for my wife in June 2021 as a first piece. It was about a nine month wait.
Thank you for your response! Which color combo did you get?
Old 24 June 2022, 10:49 PM   #14
missha
"TRF" Member

I got the SS / white dial in March this year in London as my first purchase - it was my first choice, 3 weeks wait from initial appointment which I was very surprised by! Hoping to get 2nd piece (37mm) in the next 6 months - 1 year ideally. BF also waiting for a 38mm ROC.
missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 01:35 AM   #15
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

2 months // had anther AP earlier
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 01:50 AM   #16
nusevad
"TRF" Member

3 months, no prior purchase history
nusevad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 02:40 AM   #17
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Do pieces come in all year long? I’m surprised by some of the replies here. I’ve been on the list 9 months at this point, and bought a code earlier this year (not for it to come faster - just liked it).

I do think I had a strong chance of getting it pre-code, as the person I’ve been working with suggested it was doable. My husband also asked if he’d be ruining timing for me by buying a code (to which they said no).

Do these pieces only come at a certain time of year or anything? Surprised some of you all are waiting 2 and 3 months, while I’m at 9 total with prior history halfway into that what…

Not mad, I’m sure my rep is doing all they can and they are fantastic. I’m just puzzled!
Old 25 June 2022, 02:51 AM   #18
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do pieces come in all year long? I’m surprised by some of the replies here. I’ve been on the list 9 months at this point, and bought a code earlier this year (not for it to come faster - just liked it).

I do think I had a strong chance of getting it pre-code, as the person I’ve been working with suggested it was doable. My husband also asked if he’d be ruining timing for me by buying a code (to which they said no).

Do these pieces only come at a certain time of year or anything? Surprised some of you all are waiting 2 and 3 months, while I’m at 9 total with prior history halfway into that what…

Not mad, I’m sure my rep is doing all they can and they are fantastic. I’m just puzzled!
I think a lot of it just happens to depend on what has come into the boutique and what other customers have expressed interest in.

Who know, they may only get two of the watch you want a year and someone with 3 codes already wanted it also and got the first one. You will get the second
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 03:08 AM   #19
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

9 months + a code is a bit weird. i would imagine you should've gotten one by now
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:12 AM   #20
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
9 months + a code is a bit weird. i would imagine you should've gotten one by now
Yeah honestly I’m hoping it pans out as a Carolina Bucci LE rainbow or other 34 ceramic. I’m “trusting the process” for now and hoping it ends up a really special one. I’m picky though and only want a ceramic or a steel and white, so maybe that’s part of it. Im super excited though that they seem to be branching out more for options for ladies so I’m sure there will be many more to come
Old 25 June 2022, 05:22 AM   #21
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hi!

Anyone here have the 34mm size and if so, how long did you wait for an allocation? I saw old posts about this topic but was wondering if things changed since then. I’m hoping since the 34mm size isn’t as popular, I would be able to get one soon 😁. Thank you!

In theory a 34mm piece should be much easier to get, however good customers are buying them for their wives, so they still won't be easy to get for a newcomer. Sorry
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 01:28 AM   #22
alex1028
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi!

Hi, did you get the watch? I got mine in Feb ‘21 after 3 month wait.
34mm automatic pink gold with diamonds with dial. It was my first purchase.
Not sure how things are now. Hope you got your watch.
alex1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 03:20 PM   #23
Hsl521
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1028 View Post
Hi, did you get the watch? I got mine in Feb ‘21 after 3 month wait.
34mm automatic pink gold with diamonds with dial. It was my first purchase.
Not sure how things are now. Hope you got your watch.
No, not yet! I’ve been waiting about 6 weeks now since my first appointment. Really hoping I can get one this year!
Old 18 July 2022, 04:45 PM   #24
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Near to no chance to get or this year because they are part of the 50th anniversary line.
However you should get one on the very beginning of 2023
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 05:30 PM   #25
missha
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
Near to no chance to get or this year because they are part of the 50th anniversary line.
Only the ceramic is part of 50th anniversary line.
missha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2022, 06:48 PM   #26
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregouille View Post
Not true 34mm ROs are not part of the 50th anniversary, besides the black ceramic non Bucci.
APWhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2022, 03:14 AM   #27
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Good to know guys! Thanks
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote