The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 6 October 2022, 11:19 PM   #1231
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Cheapest SS Daytona I have seen in years! Still sitting unsold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 116520b.jpg (168.6 KB, 306 views)
Old 7 October 2022, 12:20 AM   #1232
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmiii View Post
Cheapest SS Daytona I have seen in years! Still sitting unsold.
Overpolished and no papers…No wonder it’s priced like that!
Old 7 October 2022, 02:26 AM   #1233
Notsoprobro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post
Overpolished and no papers…No wonder it’s priced like that!
I almost jumped on it, then looked closer. I can live with no papers, but not that polish job
Omega Speedmaster Chronoscope 329.30.43.51.03.001
Old 7 October 2022, 03:14 AM   #1234
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Yup that’s one’s a turd
Old 7 October 2022, 05:46 AM   #1235
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsoprobro View Post
I almost jumped on it, then looked closer. I can live with no papers, but not that polish job

Would love to know - how / what are the tell signs?
I don’t know too much about polish jobs so what makes you guys say this is a bad / overdone one?
Old 7 October 2022, 05:50 AM   #1236
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Would love to know - how / what are the tell signs?
I don’t know too much about polish jobs so what makes you guys say this is a bad / overdone one?

Lugs and crown guards are the usual tells. Compare to the image of a brand new watch case. That'll make it easier for you to spot the differences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 7 October 2022, 07:32 AM   #1237
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsoprobro View Post
Few people care whether a Rolex has been polished. That's only something a tiny fraction of Rolex owners fret about. It's a nonissue for everyone else.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 7 October 2022, 10:10 AM   #1238
eijiboy
Banned

WG blue dial gmt on 41k. thats less than for what you will pay at AD.
Old 7 October 2022, 10:33 AM   #1239
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

New 15500 black dial went for 38.8 at auction. That’s less than a 50% premium without even including tax. Also important to note that the auctions get top dollar vs other listings on MODA (fully marketed process, promoted post, etc.)

There’s no signs of a bottom. It’s happening and it’s going to get lower.
Old 7 October 2022, 10:45 AM   #1240
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
New 15500 black dial went for 38.8 at auction. That’s less than a 50% premium without even including tax. Also important to note that the auctions get top dollar vs other listings on MODA (fully marketed process, promoted post, etc.)

There’s no signs of a bottom. It’s happening and it’s going to get lower.
What was the auction house?
Old 7 October 2022, 11:06 AM   #1241
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
What was the auction house?
It was MODA…
Old 7 October 2022, 01:10 PM   #1242
eijiboy
Banned

Another great deal on ss sd43 bnib 13.3k. a lot less if you factor in the tax when you at ad

And blnr bnib just hit 16.9k
Old 7 October 2022, 02:14 PM   #1243
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member

DavidSW finally lowered his prices on BLRO and BLNR. I think down to 22k now from 28k. It’s really happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 October 2022, 02:49 PM   #1244
Notsoprobro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Few people care whether a Rolex has been polished. That's only something a tiny fraction of Rolex owners fret about. It's a nonissue for everyone else.
Matters to me, that's why I made my comment. Also, polished and over polished are too separate things, a competent shop like rolliworks can perform a polish without compromising edges. I prefer the edges of all my watches crispy. YMMV.
Omega Speedmaster Chronoscope 329.30.43.51.03.001
Old 8 October 2022, 02:29 AM   #1245
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

Maybe buying opportunity here for ex-flippers worrying about falling prices - buy a polished Daytona cheap, then wear it whilst rolling around in the gravel

Then sell it on as an unpolished Daytona for a good price, and pocket the profit

Old 8 October 2022, 04:07 AM   #1246
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
Another great deal on ss sd43 bnib 13.3k. a lot less if you factor in the tax when you at ad

And blnr bnib just hit 16.9k
Makes you wonder if the seller is taking a loss at that price or got it low enough from the end user to make a profit.

As in is the original owner that flipped it taking a loss or was this model discounted?

Someone somewhere is taking a loss I'm guessing. MSRP is $12,950 and even with a sales tax in the 3's thats a loss. Most states are at least in 5-6 range right? Mine is even higher

Anyway says alot IMO. Then the PM models you find on Moda with this same type pricing.
Old 8 October 2022, 04:56 AM   #1247
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
Makes you wonder if the seller is taking a loss at that price or got it low enough from the end user to make a profit.

As in is the original owner that flipped it taking a loss or was this model discounted?

Someone somewhere is taking a loss I'm guessing. MSRP is $12,950 and even with a sales tax in the 3's thats a loss. Most states are at least in 5-6 range right? Mine is even higher

Anyway says alot IMO. Then the PM models you find on Moda with this same type pricing.

Same thing with an AP 26420 on this forum that is sitting now at 36k. Used to be advertised for 45k several months ago and is now going down… can’t imagine a 20% was priced in a few months ago in any calculation…

Again it’s slightly used but seeing that a new one is 42k plus (in my state) 8% sales tax so you’re talking literally a 15-20% discount from MSRP…. Crazy times
Old 8 October 2022, 05:22 AM   #1248
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Same thing with an AP 26420 on this forum that is sitting now at 36k. Used to be advertised for 45k several months ago and is now going down… can’t imagine a 20% was priced in a few months ago in any calculation…

Again it’s slightly used but seeing that a new one is 42k plus (in my state) 8% sales tax so you’re talking literally a 15-20% discount from MSRP…. Crazy times
If a newish 26420 drops to $30k I’m buying and calling it a day. I actually love that way, just the close to $50k all in retail price is too much for a stainless, rubber strap chrono (in my opinion). I actually wouldn’t be surprised if AP does a price drop on those in the next 1-2 years.
Old 8 October 2022, 05:33 AM   #1249
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

So many predicted that in this forum: https://youtu.be/LYRBxjAnlso?t=1023

(Rolex are now delivering watches and people on the list were only register without interest... except making quick money.)

It is happening.

PS: economy is still very strong and we have this secondary market. So imagine when the FED will reach the breaking point they are aiming and hold... As a reminder, many months ago, Lawrence Summers was sent as a messenger in the media and was warning that the FED would hold high interest rates even when things are ok (he was making the analogy with antibiotics). It has now been confirmed by other FED members. Here is a nice resume: "Fed's Daly on Rate Hikes, Inflation, Policy Coordination (Bloomberg Markets and Finance)"
Old 8 October 2022, 08:35 AM   #1250
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

CRM posted in a private chat a 26240 black dial for $37.5k mint with box and papers. I thought I was bearish on the market, but I wasn’t expecting them to drop this low this fast. Definitely a sign of things to come. Especially since this ref was going higher on MODA (meaning that grade dealers are seriously in trouble).
Old 8 October 2022, 09:06 AM   #1251
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Quote:
CRM posted in a private chat a 26240 black dial for $37.5k mint with box and papers. I thought I was bearish on the market, but I wasn’t expecting them to drop this low this fast. Definitely a sign of things to come. Especially since this ref was going higher on MODA (meaning that grade dealers are seriously in trouble).
Interesting.

If you notice the classic youtubers (US, UK, etc) have switched the script of their videos. There is almost no more "deal". CRM seems to be the most honest and transparent on the market level. (I am not a customer.)

This matches with the echos I get from "close and real people" I know in the secondary market business who confessed that transactions are now a victory and rare.
Old 8 October 2022, 09:30 AM   #1252
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Dang...

I'm in the same boat as smash, debating whether to pick one up from the boutique but it's getting hard to justify vs just asking for a ROC... At least that comes with a steel bracelet rather than a strap. If I think about the price difference, I could add on a rubber strap aftermarket and still be cheaper off...

But the difference to MSRP vs Grey is getting to me. 8k is not a small chunkachange at this point
Old 8 October 2022, 09:58 AM   #1253
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm honestly starting to think this is all a blessing in disguise for me. I finally had a chance to wear a 43ROO for an extended period and I'm liking it more than the ROC.
Old 8 October 2022, 10:59 AM   #1254
dmash
"TRF" Member

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...3#post12412013

look at how some of these posters are commenting towards the OP. Now granted, precisely today, below MSRP is impossible. but how they're commenting about a SS Rolex to EVER be below MSRP is laughable and mocking him, showcases exactly how down the rabbit hole some of these guys have fallen. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people are in for a very rude awakening and have drank way too much of the 'my watch will always be worth what I paid!' koolaid.

In reality, it's absolute lunacy that a Submariner would ever trade above MSRP when one accounts for how common it is. There's zero rarity whatsoever and production will be continued for years to come.
Old 8 October 2022, 11:07 AM   #1255
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

26320ST - I fat fingered the ref on my iPhone.
Old 8 October 2022, 11:12 AM   #1256
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
I enjoy watching this play out!
Old 8 October 2022, 01:33 PM   #1257
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...3#post12412013

look at how some of these posters are commenting towards the OP. Now granted, precisely today, below MSRP is impossible. but how they're commenting about a SS Rolex to EVER be below MSRP is laughable and mocking him, showcases exactly how down the rabbit hole some of these guys have fallen. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people are in for a very rude awakening and have drank way too much of the 'my watch will always be worth what I paid!' koolaid.

In reality, it's absolute lunacy that a Submariner would ever trade above MSRP when one accounts for how common it is. There's zero rarity whatsoever and production will be continued for years to come.

The green sub has traded above MSRP for quite some time, and while the hype and prices are cooling, the overall market for luxury watches has certainly grown. Whatever else IG and influencers and whatever have done, they’ve introduced an awful lot of new people to high end watches. That’s going to have some lasting effect even after the current nonsense.
Old 8 October 2022, 01:53 PM   #1258
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
The green sub has traded above MSRP for quite some time, and while the hype and prices are cooling, the overall market for luxury watches has certainly grown. Whatever else IG and influencers and whatever have done, they’ve introduced an awful lot of new people to high end watches. That’s going to have some lasting effect even after the current nonsense.
You will see them leave in droves if prices continue to fall towards MSRP. Even just *maintaining* value, a large portion of these new buyers will no longer be interested.

At that point, we may see ALS back at 40% off right when it leaves out the door, ca. 2015.
Old 8 October 2022, 02:52 PM   #1259
bobernet
"TRF" Member

I’d love an Odysseus at 40% off! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 8 October 2022, 02:54 PM   #1260
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

I’m seeing endless supply of John Mayor Daytona on my local watch market and none is moving. Sometimes I wonder what’s the definition of rare in the world of watches.
Closed Thread