The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 April 2022, 11:06 PM   #61
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
Thank you for that! This is very good to know. My wife and I are both keen. Will let you know if it happens. Thanks again.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 01:09 AM   #62
sgarrity
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Anybody tried the Cosm high back? Trying to decide between that and the Aeron at the moment.
sgarrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 09:32 AM   #63
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
The nice thing about Eames is that you can buy pretty much any individual piece if its worn or broken. I have not had a need to replace anything including the rubber mount shock absorbers ... all original built by Herman Miller in 93. I've used it pretty much every day since purchase for about 2 hours a day (morning coffee, evening glass of wine).

Its one of those simple pleasures much akin to wearing a fine mechanical watch. Id encourage you to take the plunge. Its well worth it IMHO.
You might enjoy this video, if you haven't seen it. The Eames Lounge was introduced to the public in a 1956 television show called the Arlene Francis "Home" show. Skip to 3:30 here to see its debut.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 10:56 AM   #64
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
You might enjoy this video, if you haven't seen it. The Eames Lounge was introduced to the public in a 1956 television show called the Arlene Francis "Home" show. Skip to 3:30 here to see its debut.
Thank you for sharing this!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 19 November 2022, 01:58 AM   #65
SearChart
TechXpert

Ended up buying an Eames Lounge from Vitra earlier this year, Vitra has the Eames license in Europe and the middle East.

Bought the American cherry wood

Sets you back as much a submariner, but I think it was absolutely worth it.
Now let's hope the shock mounts don't give out suddenly lol, luckily I'm only 62kg
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 02:07 AM   #66
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Ended up buying an Eames Lounge from Vitra earlier this year, Vitra has the Eames license in Europe and the middle East.

Bought the American cherry wood

Sets you back as much a submariner, but I think it was absolutely worth it.
Now let's hope the shock mounts don't give out suddenly lol, luckily I'm only 62kg
Glad to see you post it hear my friend and hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours

Ours was purchased in 2003 and used every single day. Our shocks show absolutely no signs of wearing out. I’m certain you will get Submariner money worth of enjoyment
Old 19 November 2022, 02:10 AM   #67
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
Congrats, Bas! I hope you're loving the Aeron and finding it comfortable! In my prior job, quite a few people had those and liked them.

I had some back problems in the past, and I found the (much older) Eames Soft Pad Management Chair really helped a lot even though it was designed over 60 years ago. That's what I use now.

The Eames lounge is the only chair I've ever owned that I'm afraid to sit in, lol. I scored a rosewood example from the first year of production, and it still has the original shock mounts, so I'm afraid I'll break it if I sit in it too much. I had a vintage furniture expert refinish it and restore/repair the old leather cushions while keeping the original (goose down) inserts. It definitely has that "old baseball glove" look and feel. And I do gently sit in it from time to time, but mostly I just stare at it and smile.
Quote:
Hi Matt

Ours survived but I will admit that in the early years we didn't let the kids bounce around too much

Here's some not so great photos to give you an idea ...

The nice thing about Eames is that you can buy pretty much any individual piece if its worn or broken. I have not had a need to replace anything including the rubber mount shock absorbers ... all original built by Herman Miller in 93. I've used it pretty much every day since purchase for about 2 hours a day (morning coffee, evening glass of wine).

Its one of those simple pleasures much akin to wearing a fine mechanical watch. Id encourage you to take the plunge. Its well worth it IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Fantastic looking chairs gentlemen
Old 19 November 2022, 02:10 AM   #68
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Glad to see you post it hear my friend and hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours

Ours was purchased in 2003 and used every single day. Our shocks show absolutely no signs of wearing out. I’m certain you will get Submariner money worth of enjoyment
Thanks buddy, that is good to know
Old 19 November 2022, 04:29 AM   #69
dk65
2024 Pledge Member

Get the Aeron 2. I have sat on Aerons for near 20 years... have an original Aeron at home, and an Aeron 2 at work. The Aeron 2 is better. If you're getting it through an official channel, you'll get the new one. Make sure they let you try the three different sizes to pick what works for you. I'm not a BIG guy, but I am tall, and I prefer a size C for the back-to-knee length of the chair bottom section. I would recommend the PostureFit system, as well as tilt forward option, leather armpads (the vinyl ones last a couple years... leather lasts forever), and get the quiet roll casters if you're on a hard floor surface. I don't care for the headrest... if I want to rest my head, I go lay in bed... not a desk chair.

They're expensive but worth every penny. Well optioned it's about $1800 usd. As you noted, they frequently run sales to save ~15% or so.

Good luck!

More info on the redesign: https://www.btod.com/blog/aeron-classic-vs-remastered/
dk65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 09:32 AM   #70
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Jealous bas. I want. I’d be fighting with my wife and son over who gets to sit in it
Old 19 November 2022, 03:49 PM   #71
330ci
"TRF" Member

I bought the Setu because I liked the aesthetic better, but regret not getting the Aeron for the adjustability.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 05:30 PM   #72
Zartan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy
I got three embody chairs, one for me and one for each son. They are excellent chairs. Got them on eBay for a great deal six years back. Brand new but I’m sure no warranty. The fabric has worn a bit in my sons but he was a gamer and used it at least 8 hours a day. Love mine for computer work, highly adjustable, conforming backrest and breathes great while still providing a very high level of stability on a rock solid platform. Very well made chairs. I tried those aeron chairs at a local store and found them unimpressive. The embody is much more substantial, much more support. I’d guess the aeron is good for two hours before fatigue sets in while the embody is good for maybe three. I’m 6ft at @ 200lbs
Zartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2022, 05:38 PM   #73
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Jealous bas. I want. I’d be fighting with my wife and son over who gets to sit in it
I'd definitely get two then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartan View Post
I got three embody chairs, one for me and one for each son. They are excellent chairs. Got them on eBay for a great deal six years back. Brand new but I’m sure no warranty. The fabric has worn a bit in my sons but he was a gamer and used it at least 8 hours a day. Love mine for computer work, highly adjustable, conforming backrest and breathes great while still providing a very high level of stability on a rock solid platform. Very well made chairs. I tried those aeron chairs at a local store and found them unimpressive. The embody is much more substantial, much more support. I’d guess the aeron is good for two hours before fatigue sets in while the embody is good for maybe three. I’m 6ft at @ 200lbs
I bought the Aeron remastered over a year ago, it is a fantastic chair, brand new with all options
I also tested the Embody, a friend of mine bought it for his wife, I like it but not as much as the Aeron.