The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29 November 2022, 10:01 AM   #331
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
In other news Lamborghini, Patek and property in San Juan all down lol
Old 29 November 2022, 04:11 PM   #332
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
I hope so. Warren Buffet stated he did not understand it and had no interest in it. Good enough for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 29 November 2022, 09:03 PM   #333
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
In other news Lamborghini, Patek and property in San Juan all down lol
I’m actually pretty excited about it.

Looking for a place in Fla, and I’m hoping for a deal. Waiting about 6 months as I think we will see further declines.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 29 November 2022, 09:08 PM   #334
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post

Looking for a place in Fla, and I’m hoping for a deal. Waiting about 6 months as I think we will see further declines.
I think we will see a lot of decline in places like Fla, especially the Miami area and Ft Lauderdale. I may join you with a purchase!
Old 29 November 2022, 09:10 PM   #335
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Manhattan and prime Brooklyn are crawling with cashed up crypto idiots. Even a waitress at a restaurant told me this was “just a gig to meet people and get out of the house” because she is “actually a crypto consultant.” I wonder what kind of advice she is providing, given that the she literally could not remember to bring a bottle of carbonated water and a coffee.

But Miami is the absolute global HQ of self styled crypto kings. They are everywhere down there, esp. Brickell, and they are in extreme financial duress right now
My guess is that she was young and attractive.
Old 29 November 2022, 10:03 PM   #336
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
I think we will see a lot of decline in places like Fla, especially the Miami area and Ft Lauderdale. I may join you with a purchase!
Nice!! This would be fun!!

We can be neighbors.

Old 29 November 2022, 10:44 PM   #337
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Smart move (both location and lower price)! Wife wants a new or used car, asked her to wait as during mid to late 2023 dealers will be far more motivated to move inventory.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 29 November 2022, 11:04 PM   #338
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I hear you there. I recently bought a second home and while it’s possible the price is lower next year I also know the price was higher in 2021 so I can live with it. If I was buying in a more speculative market like Miami I’d probably be inclined to wait but I don’t really follow the market there well enough to know.

If I know anything it’s that we have no idea where the price of anything will be in 6 months regardless of what seems obvious haha
Old 30 November 2022, 01:04 AM   #339
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Smart move (both location and lower price)! Wife wants a new or used car, asked her to wait as during mid to late 2023 dealers will be far more motivated to move inventory.
Smart to wait. For Fla, also no income tax. I’ll likely commute to and from jersey spitting it 6 months each.

Check out the latest article going around my car chats.

I bet your wife would love a new Mac.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/crypto...mid-ftx-crash/

Old 30 November 2022, 01:37 AM   #340
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Smart to wait. For Fla, also no income tax. I’ll likely commute to and from jersey spitting it 6 months each.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/crypto...mid-ftx-crash/
I feel bad laughing at these articles. But many of these crypto bros were insufferable. They made their money with virtually zero effort, and viewed working people and traditional investors as idiots who didn’t share their genius vision.
Old 30 November 2022, 01:48 AM   #341
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

G Wagon... Oh gosh no as we're old enough, and if I may say experienced enough, to know better. Hyundai Tucson 2023 is the goal, plus the stylist is a big fan of horology and on another board.

For those seeking 'boots-on-the-ground' reports, my neighbor works for a major car repo company in the Southeast USA, I know fluidly the ebb and flow. Right now he's busy... like it was in 2007/2008.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 30 November 2022, 02:41 AM   #342
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Quote:
For those seeking 'boots-on-the-ground' reports, my neighbor works for a major car repo company in the Southeast USA, I know fluidly the ebb and flow. Right now he's busy... like it was in 2007/2008.
OMG Steve my bother in-law was telling me the same thing over thanksgiving.
He said it was just like 2007/2008 when people used their homes as ATM's to buy everthing
Old 30 November 2022, 02:41 AM   #343
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

The notion that a g wagon was a 300k car was hilarious to begin with. These were like 125k new a few years ago. I recall in spring 2020 seeing an Aston Martin vantage with delivery miles sell for 70k lol there is a ways to fall.
Old 30 November 2022, 03:52 AM   #344
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The notion that a g wagon was a 300k car was hilarious to begin with. These were like 125k new a few years ago. I recall in spring 2020 seeing an Aston Martin vantage with delivery miles sell for 70k lol there is a ways to fall.
I think they are still going for way over. Which is bonkers.

Old 30 November 2022, 03:53 AM   #345
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
G Wagon... Oh gosh no as we're old enough, and if I may say experienced enough, to know better. Hyundai Tucson 2023 is the goal, plus the stylist is a big fan of horology and on another board.

Hyundai makes a heck of a car.

Not for me just yet, but I very much appreciate them. Great cars. And a great company.

Old 30 November 2022, 03:57 AM   #346
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ironically, I just saw the below in one of my car chat groups:

Another sign of a rapidly declining exotic car market:

- 2020 Mercedes G-Wagon (AMG)
- 3,992 miles, mint condition, gray color

Just sold at Manheim Auction on Friday for $179K (!!!!)

A year ago this would have sold at auction for over $240K. a 25% y/y decline.

Old 30 November 2022, 04:21 AM   #347
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Manhattan and prime Brooklyn are crawling with cashed up crypto idiots. Even a waitress at a restaurant told me this was “just a gig to meet people and get out of the house” because she is “actually a crypto consultant.” I wonder what kind of advice she is providing, given that the she literally could not remember to bring a bottle of carbonated water and a coffee.

But Miami is the absolute global HQ of self styled crypto kings. They are everywhere down there, esp. Brickell, and they are in extreme financial duress right now
I vividly recall an evening out with my wife in 2007. The waiter at our table was telling us how he owned four $500k houses and was renting them all out and selling them after holding on about a year because the market was appreciating 20% per year for the past couple years. He was leveraged to the eyeballs with negative am loans but he was making money... I turned to my wife and said this was insanity and to brace ourselves as something similar to a financial tsumani was going to happen.
Old 30 November 2022, 04:29 AM   #348
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

They have come way back down to reality. I have seen them new 25-30 over for G63 from brokers which tells me local deals at msrp are around or will be soon. It’s exacerbated by the fact MB raised prices like 20k+ on them a year or so back.

What blows my mind is my Lexus dealer still wants 40k over for the new LX600. Just silly.
Old 30 November 2022, 04:33 AM   #349
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
The headlines in main stream media are so sterile as if a bushy haired Gen Z guy losing several billion dollars is, well, something that "just happens"... Let's be perfectly honest... the world of crypto attracts some very unsavory people, the kind of people those on this board do not like to talk about as it they didn't exist. Those unsavory people will be either made whole or else. It's only just begun, IMO.

Russian billionaire, 53, is killed in helicopter crash near Monaco in latest crypto mystery death - 'after another passenger cancelled at the last minute'
Vyacheslav Taran, 53, died after the helicopter he was travelling in crashed near the resort town of Villefranche-sur-Mer after taking off from Switzerland
They mysteriously crashed in good weather - and after another passenger reportedly cancelled last minute
Taran is third cryptocurrency entrepreneur to die unexpectedly in recent weeks
It comes just days after businessman Tiantian Kullander, 30, died 'in his sleep'
Old 30 November 2022, 04:39 AM   #350
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
The headlines in main stream media are so sterile as if a bushy haired Gen Z guy losing several billion dollars is, well, something that "just happens"... Let's be perfectly honest... the world of crypto attracts some very unsavory people, the kind of people those on this board do not like to talk about as it they didn't exist. Those unsavory people will be either made whole or else. It's only just begun, IMO.

Russian billionaire, 53, is killed in helicopter crash near Monaco in latest crypto mystery death - 'after another passenger cancelled at the last minute'
Vyacheslav Taran, 53, died after the helicopter he was travelling in crashed near the resort town of Villefranche-sur-Mer after taking off from Switzerland
They mysteriously crashed in good weather - and after another passenger reportedly cancelled last minute
It comes just days after businessman Tiantian Kullander, 30, died 'in his sleep'
True. Crypto Bros did business with anybody who had money, some of whom are monsters they can’t even imagine. When the monsters realize their money was lost or stolen, they’ll want payment in blood.

In contrast, Sam Bankman-Dweeb seems like the kind of dude whose mom coddled him a lot, and for whom every sniffle was a rush trip to the doctor. I could see him struggling to open many jars without assistance, which won’t bode well when Boris and Igor come knocking and bearing gifts.
Old 30 November 2022, 04:41 AM   #351
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What blows my mind is my Lexus dealer still wants 40k over for the new LX600. Just silly.

He's dreaming. I got a factory order for MSRP and wasn't aware there was that much demand. It's a nice vehicle, but I'm not sure it's even worth MSRP. It sure as heck isn't worth 40k over.
Old 30 November 2022, 04:44 AM   #352
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post

Whoah. Crazy stuff here.

Old 30 November 2022, 04:44 AM   #353
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
True. Crypto Bros did business with anybody who had money, some of whom are monsters they can’t even imagine. When the monsters realize their money was lost or stolen, they’ll want payment in blood.

In contrast, Sam Bankman-Dweeb seems like the kind of dude whose mom coddled him a lot, and for whom every sniffle was a rush trip to the doctor. I could see him struggling to open many jars without assistance, which won’t bode well when Boris and Igor come knocking and bearing gifts.
wsj is writing articles with titles implying a narrative that he was a saint who wanted to save the world and it wasn't his fault. the SEC commissioner still hasn't spoken up about him because they were working together. SBF is still running around the bahamas like nothing happened. sadly this all points towards him being protected and not getting any form of punishment
Old 30 November 2022, 04:46 AM   #354
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
wsj is writing articles with the narrative that he was a saint who wanted to save the world and it wasn't his fault. the SEC commissioner still hasn't spoken up about him because they were working together. SBF still running around the bahamas like nothing happened. sadly this all points towards him being protected and not getting any form of punishment
He’s going to be on the receiving end of some informal street justice, is my bet, unless the US government is physically protecting him for some reason.
Old 30 November 2022, 05:23 AM   #355
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Satoshi Nakamoto will come back to judge the living and the dead someday. Wait for it.
Old 30 November 2022, 05:46 AM   #356
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
...sadly this all points towards him being protected and not getting any form of punishment
Just like CEOs, CFOs, regulators, rating agencies, and many other Wall Street types during 2007/2008. Add in Jim Cramer for good measure.

But where are these types today??? Speaks volumes doesn't it.

Old 30 November 2022, 07:58 AM   #357
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just like CEOs, CFOs, regulators, rating agencies, and many other Wall Street types during 2007/2008. Add in Jim Cramer for good measure.

But where are these types today??? Speaks volumes doesn't it.
Where are they today? Serious question as I have no idea.

Old 30 November 2022, 08:05 AM   #358
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Probably splitting time between Nantucket and west palm.
Old 30 November 2022, 08:07 AM   #359
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
He's dreaming. I got a factory order for MSRP and wasn't aware there was that much demand. It's a nice vehicle, but I'm not sure it's even worth MSRP. It sure as heck isn't worth 40k over.

Good for you brother. I recall you being a Toyota junkie like myself. I had two LC200 and I’m damn sure not playing over sticker for the LC300. I have a sequoia TRD coming but I know myself…won’t scratch the itch for that J Vin product.
Old 30 November 2022, 09:48 AM   #360
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They're mostly doing very, very well and still working in the sector.

Closed Thread