The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 June 2022, 08:27 AM   #1
scottyg
"TRF" Member

BLRO jubilee bracelet swap: Update from RSC visit

If you are wanting to swap the oyster bracelet on your oyster BLRO to jubilee, or are just curious of what one's actual experience trying is, read on. If not, skip this.

Just got back from RSC in Dallas. Apparently, according to the reps there, there have been a lot of folks wanting to swap their BLRO from oyster to jubilee.

A quick backstory: bought my pepsi from AD this March. He knew I preferred jubilee, but called to offer anyway. Did not turn it down. Asked him about ordering jubilee (69200) to swap and he said he called his rep and placed an order, which should show up in a few weeks. Called a few weeks later, he then said on back order with no eta. Still, today, no word on when it will show, but said it was still in the queue.

Made a call to the RSC first of May. They said I could swap, but at $2100 and they'd keep my oyster. Me no like, so I figured I'd wait on AD. Decided to call RSC again yesterday and asked same question: can I keep oyster. Answer this time was yes, but after checking inventory, they didn't have any jubilee bracelets in stock in Dallas (already done a bunch of swaps, I was told). Said that they had a ton of oysters tho.

Went ahead and went down to RSC to talk face to face. They confirmed that I could keep the oyster but no jubilees on hand. They said if they had one, they'd swap it right there in about an hour. However, they have a confirmed order for more jubilees coming from Geneva but could take up to a few months. The lady I spoke with first said that I could generate work order, but I'd have to leave the watch to make sure I was in line when the bracelets finally showed. No biggie, I have other references. So, she took the watch to the back to have a tech (I guess) generate the ticket, then she promptly left her post for lunch or something. The other lady came back after a few minutes with the work order and said that I could take my watch with me, as she understood it may be a while, but it would be best to leave it so when the jubilee showed, the work order would be filled without having to call me back. I thought this the better plan.

So, I left it and checked the work order (they call it confirmation receipt) and it shows a lead time of four weeks, with oyster bracelet returned to owner. Cost was $2,100, plus local tax of .0825%.

I'll post an update when I get out of jail after they try to keep my oyster bracelet when I go to pick it back up.
scottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 08:38 AM   #2
Dannyv
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126234
Very interesting - I was always under the impression that bracelet swaps needed to wait until after the warranty period expired. I guess I was very wrong!
Dannyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 08:48 AM   #3
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Good thing you live in RWSC city and can get info straight. Thank you for posting.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 08:53 AM   #4
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
It's an absurd policy to take your old bracelet when you pay for the second.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 09:18 AM   #5
CHRONOLEX
2024 Pledge Member

I was waiting for the part where you were told numerous times they didn't have a jubilee for you, then you were about to leave and they came out with a jubilee and swapped it for you on the spot. (Like the AD stories we're hearing recently about no watches at all and then they excuse themselves and come back with the exact watch you want.)
CHRONOLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 09:18 AM   #6
scottyg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
Yeah, I wasn't going to go for it. Pay full price for a new bracelet, then not get your old one back..........to me, it was beyond absurd, pretty much an F U.
scottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 09:27 AM   #7
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
I believe the policy is probably a throwback from the days not so long ago when the only people buying a new bracelet were those whose bracelet was worn out. The contemporary trend of buying a watch equipped with a bracelet you know from day one that you’d prefer an alternative choice is merely a byproduct of ADs not having stock and buyers like you taking what ever they can get their hands on. Once this whole market folly calms down the scenario will revert back to people buying exactly what they originally wanted.

Great info though, thanks.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2022, 09:39 AM   #8
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyv View Post
Very interesting - I was always under the impression that bracelet swaps needed to wait until after the warranty period expired. I guess I was very wrong!
I think it's the dial swaps that have to wait until after the warranty period has expired.
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2023, 03:22 AM   #9
Doc-Wyatt
"TRF" Member

Any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyg View Post
Yeah, I wasn't going to go for it. Pay full price for a new bracelet, then not get your old one back..........to me, it was beyond absurd, pretty much an F U.
Hey there Scottyg,

Pretty much going through the same situation here, but in NYC instead.

Are there any updates?
Doc-Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote