The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 November 2023, 12:02 PM   #1
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Question for OF Daytona owners

Would a size E at 12 o’clock and an E at 6 o’clock be the same bracelet size(or circumference)as F 12 o’clock and D 6 o’clock?

My AD didn’t have anything smaller than E so changed how it came F/E to E/E to get the correct circumference but feel it is not as balanced as it could be. Every watch I own the 6 o’clock side of bracelet is always shorter than 12 o’clock when sized.

Any experience appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triple.lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 12:43 PM   #2
HMHM
"TRF" Member

So by length it should be the same, but because one is 2 size bigger (D&F), the buckle will be slanting to one side.

If I remember correctly, OF strap one side has to be bigger by one than the other for it to resemble a normal bracelet watch. The fine adjustment is done via the glidelock or the three holes on the buckle.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 03:47 AM   #3
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
So by length it should be the same, but because one is 2 size bigger (D&F), the buckle will be slanting to one side.

If I remember correctly, OF strap one side has to be bigger by one than the other for it to resemble a normal bracelet watch. The fine adjustment is done via the glidelock or the three holes on the buckle.

That is part of the issue I’m having now with the E/E. The clasp is too far towards the 12 o’clock side on my inner wrist. Id rather the clasp be centered or toward 6 o’clock. Mine is a 12 series so I have glidelock which is great to get the perfect fit. I’d just like to have the clasp in a different location

Old 4 November 2023, 04:42 AM   #4
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple.lindy View Post
That is part of the issue I’m having now with the E/E. The clasp is too far towards the 12 o’clock side on my inner wrist. Id rather the clasp be centered or toward 6 o’clock. Mine is a 12 series so I have glidelock which is great to get the perfect fit. I’d just like to have the clasp in a different location

I have become something of an OF expert lately, but you do not have to look at the clasp being centered.... you need to look at the inner blade sitting comfortably in the center of the bottom of your wrist.

I too thought my clasp was leaning a bit (in my case) towards 6 oclock, but RSC assured me this is the way it should be and the blade needs to sit properly and comfortably.
Solo118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 06:57 AM   #5
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
I have become something of an OF expert lately, but you do not have to look at the clasp being centered.... you need to look at the inner blade sitting comfortably in the center of the bottom of your wrist.

I too thought my clasp was leaning a bit (in my case) towards 6 oclock, but RSC assured me this is the way it should be and the blade needs to sit properly and comfortably.

Yes exactly. The blade is pretty much all the way towards 12 oclock. On all of my other Rolex the blade is centered and clasp is slightly toward 6 oclock

Old 4 November 2023, 07:53 AM   #6
sawhornsoff
2024 Pledge Member

If you are running 4 links at 6 o’clock and 6 links at 12 o’clock on your metal bracelet Daytonas it seems that the bar will be better centered with a D and F. I’m picking one of the 12 series up tomorrow so hope it just fits without having to change straps.

Just curious, what’s your wrist size?
sawhornsoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2023, 10:53 AM   #7
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Question for OF Daytona owners

Yes my SS Daytona is 4 and 6 links. I guess my OF being E/E is the equivalent to 5 and 5?
It comes with E at 6 and F at 12 o’clock. It barely fit but the glide lock was all the way in.
I’m right at a 7” wrist

Congrats on your pick up! Keep me posted on how it goes

Old 5 November 2023, 10:04 AM   #8
sawhornsoff
2024 Pledge Member

I picked up the watch today from my AD. This watch was specifically ordered for me and when I saw the watch I knew those were the right straps (D/F). The AD stated that she can order the watch with the E/F or D/F strap already installed on the watch. I’ve bought all my watches from this dealer since 2004 so guess they knew my wrist size although I always do the sizing myself. I was surprised to find the correct straps on the watch as I thought they all came with E/F.

Well if they did change the straps before I showed up they sure did an expert job as I’m so near sighted I can see every imperfection including differences in polish and there is no evidence of any strap change damage.

My wrist is 6.5 inches and the D/F gives me a perfectly centered clasp.

Super happy they didnt have to mess around and change straps today.
Old 5 November 2023, 12:31 PM   #9
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawhornsoff View Post
I picked up the watch today from my AD. This watch was specifically ordered for me and when I saw the watch I knew those were the right straps (D/F). The AD stated that she can order the watch with the E/F or D/F strap already installed on the watch. I’ve bought all my watches from this dealer since 2004 so guess they knew my wrist size although I always do the sizing myself. I was surprised to find the correct straps on the watch as I thought they all came with E/F.

Well if they did change the straps before I showed up they sure did an expert job as I’m so near sighted I can see every imperfection including differences in polish and there is no evidence of any strap change damage.

My wrist is 6.5 inches and the D/F gives me a perfectly centered clasp.

Super happy they didnt have to mess around and change straps today.

Awesome! Which model did you get?

Glad they got you squared away. I’m thinking D/F will work better for me as well. I may be out toward the end of the glidelock but I suspect it will feel more balanced.

Old 5 November 2023, 02:50 PM   #10
sawhornsoff
2024 Pledge Member

I got the 126515ln. My glide lock is all the way in.
Old 6 November 2023, 06:53 PM   #11
Xky
"TRF" Member

Xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 09:25 PM   #12
Seo
"TRF" Member

You want d f for proper clasp placement.

I am a d f wearer. This is the same as the bracelet with one link out on each.

Seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 09:47 PM   #13
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
I’ve had both, E & E and D & F setups on a non-glide lock Daytona. My wrist is 6.75 give or take throughout the day. Both work fit wise, but the E&E definitely makes the clasp off center. The D&F setup was much better for the clasp being centered.
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2023, 12:56 AM   #14
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple.lindy View Post
Would a size E at 12 o’clock and an E at 6 o’clock be the same bracelet size(or circumference)as F 12 o’clock and D 6 o’clock?

My AD didn’t have anything smaller than E so changed how it came F/E to E/E to get the correct circumference but feel it is not as balanced as it could be. Every watch I own the 6 o’clock side of bracelet is always shorter than 12 o’clock when sized.

Any experience appreciated!

No, I wouldn't think so. I've actually tried the D/F combo head to head against the E/E and there was no comparison which one felt better.

Agreed, the 6 o'clock should be smaller, but if you put the micro adjustment on the biggest setting, it kinda is.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2023, 01:56 PM   #15
triple.lindy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seo View Post
You want d f for proper clasp placement.

I am a d f wearer. This is the same as the bracelet with one link out on each.

Thanks!