The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 19 December 2023, 04:53 PM   #121
santoshlv426
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dunhill DM7
Bipolar can take years to be diagnosed. We had a close family friend (a doctor) who only exhibited bipolar and was diagnosed in his mid 30's and was prescribed Lithium. to my knowledge, it's still the best medication. It does "slow" the person down though.
That said he went on to live many more productive years in his family life and as a well respected doctor until he died from natural causes.

It's an awful disease and worse for those around the person suffering from it.
Old 19 December 2023, 05:48 PM   #122
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecbkk View Post
I agree with your content, which is much more substantive information than MD good, internet bad.

The key nugget of information in your content is, "and, of course, the willingness to seek help" and I think it is important to add that with borderline vs bipolar (someone mentioned differential diagnosis and this is where its relevant), the psychological defense mechanisms of denial, displacement, projection, rationalization etc.; completely block effective treatment in BPD, including with Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) which is commonly touted for BPD.

I'm sorry this will sound condescending but I was mocking your reliance on your MD status to argue against seeking information on the internet by pointing out that status hierarchies exist among doctors, for example, between MD degree and DO degree and US medical degrees vs. foreign medical degrees.

The mockery part is that if you're going to tout your MD status instead of giving substantive content, tell us exactly how high your status is within the doctor status hierarchy by disclosing your medical school, residency, and even medical school entrance exam scores.

In other words, I was talking about your "I'm an MD post" not Polish doctors or the Polish healthcare system.

Old 19 December 2023, 06:09 PM   #123
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Borderline Personality Disorder would have shown itself years ago IMHO.

I have been involved with women with BPD. I literally didn't know which way was up from all the gaslighting, compulsive lying, manipulation and emotional instability. I mean that in the most absolute terms. I had no idea what was going to happen from hour to hour. It was maddening. Lies were meticulously crafted and blended with the truth so it was almost impossible to figure out WTF was really going on. Treatment was like trying to tame an antelope or a zebra. I won't do ever that again. That's 100% my choice and I'll stand by it.

That being said, wish the OP best of luck in sorting this out with his wife.
Old 19 December 2023, 06:31 PM   #124
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
No Gun, Knife, Political, Drugs, Sexist, Religious Posts and maybe medical advice.........it reality it is probably more serious then the lot together.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 19 December 2023, 07:54 PM   #125
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
No Gun, Knife, Political, Drugs, Sexist, Religious Posts and maybe medical advice.........it reality it is probably more serious then the lot together.

Telling someone to seek medical help is not on par with your list of topics.

What is the title of the thread?

People are saying yeah it sounds like that.
Old 19 December 2023, 08:16 PM   #126
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 19 December 2023, 08:22 PM   #127
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Poland/India? Are you serious? This might be the most racist post I’ve ever seen on TRF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The most racist post I’ve seen is thee who accusing one of racism not knowing the definition of such.

Closed Thread