The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 9 March 2022, 02:08 PM   #31
_Gatsby_
"TRF" Member

Has anyone seen this in person? Seems very elusive in my visits to the boutiques.
_Gatsby_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 03:25 PM   #32
Amateur
Banned

Tried this watch some time back and it definitely feels a bit feminine to me. The round curves of the case, the texture of the dial etc
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 05:34 PM   #33
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

I've tried this on, I personally didn't think it was feminine. I just wasn't a fan of the dial, it was different, but not to my taste
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 08:00 PM   #34
thanyasr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
Tried this watch some time back and it definitely feels a bit feminine to me. The round curves of the case, the texture of the dial etc

I had the same thought when i tried
thanyasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 06:19 PM   #35
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Been a while since anyone brought up this thread. I was intrigued by this model since it was announced....the dial was the thing that caught my eyes first, after that it was the overall size and also being on a bracelet. I was a big fan of the 5146 line but always thought I would prefer in SS. I finally had a chance to try this on last month at the boutique in Istanbul and for me (I am a smaller wristed and smaller sized guy) I found it perfect! My wife is very vocal about her opinions of watches I try (and she also doesnt care too much about which brand it is...she likes what she likes) and she said this one looked perfect on me and fit my overall "style" nicely. For context, I rotate the following on a regular basis...EW321 Speedy, Rolex YM 40 and I currently wear a Rolex Explorer 39mm as my daily most of the time and I found this Patek to be an even better overall fit. It definitely felt masculine to me and to my wife and will be the first Patek that I add to my stable in 2024....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PP_4947-1A4.jpg (143.1 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg PP_4947-1A5.jpg (136.5 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg Exp_2.jpg (116.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 321.jpg (179.0 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg YM_4.jpg (87.4 KB, 138 views)
jcdevoe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 11:41 PM   #36
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice looking watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 01:47 AM   #37
DavidSB
2024 Pledge Member

What's the Explorer strap? Tang or deployant buckle? Thanks
DavidSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 02:08 AM   #38
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Can’t get past how tight the AC sub-dials are spaced apart. Would be a deal breaker for me.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 02:38 AM   #39
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdevoe26 View Post
Been a while since anyone brought up this thread ... I found this Patek to be an even better overall fit. It definitely felt masculine to me and to my wife and will be the first Patek that I add to my stable in 2024....
I haven't seen it in the metal. However, even if I think it's mandatory to handle it to judge fairly, I think that all the right ingredients are present. Hence, if it sings to you after such a while, then it's a strong sign. It definitely looks unisex (read "not men-only") on pictures.
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 07:14 AM   #40
dauster
"TRF" Member

Nice looking watch tried it on as well but felt a little to unisex for me but nothing wrong with it. If Andrea Pirlo likes it, it’s good enough for me. Go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 12:34 PM   #41
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
There was one for sale in the case in the Raznys on Oak Street in Chicago when I was there two weeks ago. Lovely piece, and a steel bracelet from PP is a nice touch.
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 01:24 PM   #42
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I like the sizing, and the dial looks better in person. Been wearing my railmaster trilogy and been really liking the 38mm on my wrist. My only niggle is the font for the numerals isn't my favorite, but overall I prefer it over the 5146
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 02:04 PM   #43
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdevoe26 View Post
Been a while since anyone brought up this thread. I was intrigued by this model since it was announced....the dial was the thing that caught my eyes first, after that it was the overall size and also being on a bracelet. I was a big fan of the 5146 line but always thought I would prefer in SS. I finally had a chance to try this on last month at the boutique in Istanbul and for me (I am a smaller wristed and smaller sized guy) I found it perfect! My wife is very vocal about her opinions of watches I try (and she also doesnt care too much about which brand it is...she likes what she likes) and she said this one looked perfect on me and fit my overall "style" nicely. For context, I rotate the following on a regular basis...EW321 Speedy, Rolex YM 40 and I currently wear a Rolex Explorer 39mm as my daily most of the time and I found this Patek to be an even better overall fit. It definitely felt masculine to me and to my wife and will be the first Patek that I add to my stable in 2024....

Beautiful PP. congrats! Nice collection as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2023, 07:09 AM   #44
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSB View Post
What's the Explorer strap? Tang or deployant buckle? Thanks
RubberB strap with OEM Rolex clasp. I put the strap on when it gets warm in the summer.
Old 25 December 2023, 07:10 AM   #45
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
Can’t get past how tight the AC sub-dials are spaced apart. Would be a deal breaker for me.
Yeah alot of people have an issue with the sub-dial spacing…for me its part of what drew me to it..its different from other watches with subdials.
Old 25 December 2023, 07:11 AM   #46
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
I haven't seen it in the metal. However, even if I think it's mandatory to handle it to judge fairly, I think that all the right ingredients are present. Hence, if it sings to you after such a while, then it's a strong sign. It definitely looks unisex (read "not men-only") on pictures.
Good rule of thumb for all watches…
Old 25 December 2023, 07:14 AM   #47
jcdevoe26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I like the sizing, and the dial looks better in person. Been wearing my railmaster trilogy and been really liking the 38mm on my wrist. My only niggle is the font for the numerals isn't my favorite, but overall I prefer it over the 5146
Yeah I got over the hype of the Aquanauts…The 5167 is far too basic for the premium it commands. I like the 5164 alot but again its premium is too high and I kind of like the discontinued 7234g better…