The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 February 2024, 07:08 AM   #31
DJFanUK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Friend of mine has the white dual on oyster..... Stunning watch.

Again, blue appears to be the popular choice but fir me the white is amazing.
Old 17 February 2024, 07:30 AM   #32
MDiddy
"TRF" Member

Sky Dweller RG White dial

Bought this at Xmas, pictures don't do it justice .. My daily at the moment - love the white contrast against the RG

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 21.20.49.png
MDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 09:20 AM   #33
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
Thanks for sharing.. just wondering does SkyD’s white dial same as your EXP2’s white dial?
Nothing like it. The Polar dial is a flat, bright white, unadorned by metallic particles in the enamel. Apart from being the most legible watch I've ever owned, it has a party trick of spilling a blue glow over the dial in subdued lighting from the fat incicies and hands. When the lumes are uncharged they can change hue depending on incident light from a dirty cream (almost brown but not quite) through various shades of cream and white including matching the white dial exactly. In normal, walking about outside in daylight conditions it doesn't take much to get them glowing.

The only side by side shot I have on file doesn't show a huge difference and doesn't do justice to the way the Sky Dweller dial can sparkle, but you can see the slightly cream hue compared to the Polar's bright white. You may also notice the contrast in background shade between the dial and the 24h disk. This contrast, sometimes marked, sometimes subtle, makes it much easier for me to see the reference time at a glance.

Although my wrist is canted, you can see that they are both the same size. Looking at them in isolation the Sky Dweller looks bigger, but it isn't.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 10:24 AM   #34
favx
2024 Pledge Member

For the SkyD, in my opinion white is the best dial colour.
favx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 01:05 PM   #35
Agoloz
"TRF" Member

Go for it. Then you can complete the dweller collection. ��
Agoloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 01:14 PM   #36
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
6 month wait. Blue dial on jubilee. Love it, but it does go in the fancy/formal direction. Makes a amazing dressy watch for me. I have thought white of black on oyster might be a more daily watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1389.jpeg (163.1 KB, 136 views)
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 01:51 PM   #37
watchik
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeBoxed View Post
Hello all,

I currently own a DSSD 126660 and a YM 126622 with the sunburst blue dial. I visited the local AD recently and put my name down for a SkyD white dial on jubilee.

For those who own a SkyD (and those with the white dial), what has your experience been with the watch so far?

How long did you wait?

I am looking at eventually selling the YM, as I feel the watch just looks a tad too small on me.

Thanks all and appreciate your feedback.

Hard to tell the time in daylight. I am selling mine in case anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
watchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2024, 05:48 PM   #38
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Nothing like it. The Polar dial is a flat, bright white, unadorned by metallic particles in the enamel. Apart from being the most legible watch I've ever owned, it has a party trick of spilling a blue glow over the dial in subdued lighting from the fat incicies and hands. When the lumes are uncharged they can change hue depending on incident light from a dirty cream (almost brown but not quite) through various shades of cream and white including matching the white dial exactly. In normal, walking about outside in daylight conditions it doesn't take much to get them glowing.

The only side by side shot I have on file doesn't show a huge difference and doesn't do justice to the way the Sky Dweller dial can sparkle, but you can see the slightly cream hue compared to the Polar's bright white. You may also notice the contrast in background shade between the dial and the 24h disk. This contrast, sometimes marked, sometimes subtle, makes it much easier for me to see the reference time at a glance.

Although my wrist is canted, you can see that they are both the same size. Looking at them in isolation the Sky Dweller looks bigger, but it isn't.
Thank you for sharing. I own exp2 and I always thought the white looks flat n gets a bit boring after a while haha.. yeah I can SkyD’s white dial looks like those pearl white on some Lexus.

Once again thank you for your kind response.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2024, 07:08 PM   #39
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joearch View Post
6 month wait. Blue dial on jubilee. Love it, but it does go in the fancy/formal direction. Makes a amazing dressy watch for me. I have thought white of black on oyster might be a more daily watch.
The blue makes a good daily for me and the Jubilee seems to suit it perfectly. I suppose it depends on the wearer - each to our own. It's really comfortable and it's cured me of any desire to own a DJ. The black on Oyster is almost stealthy by comparison. The black dial just seems to work so well with Oyster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
Thank you for sharing.
Just try to stop me from praising the Sky Dweller!

Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2024, 10:38 PM   #40
Heartlandblaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: Humble but mine!
Fabulous reference with the silky white dial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heartlandblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2024, 02:27 AM   #41
Benjack
Banned

It's a nice choice, you'll enjoy wearing the SkyD and I personally prefer the white dial.
Benjack is offline   Reply With Quote