The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 March 2022, 01:13 AM   #31
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Really amazing watch in person. I was lucky enough that my AD had one for a customer who put a deposit down. The hue of the blue is much deeper then I expected. The watch is incredibly light. I have 6.25 inch wrist which technically shouldn’t accommodate that case size but it actually looked great. If it is ever offered on bracelet, I would take that over the bb58.
Vigilante24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2022, 04:19 PM   #32
technovox
"TRF" Member

About a week before the FXD was released, I called every AD I could find to put my name on a list for it. I was fortunate to get a call from my local AD after the first buyer turned one down. Couldn't be happier. So much I like about it: the legibility, the lume, the bi-directional reverse countdown, the knurled crown, the comfort, and of course the MN connection. The fixed lugs make it a perfect surf watch. Haven't really taken it off since I got it.

mn march.jpg
technovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2022, 11:57 PM   #33
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

The FXD is a great watch. The FXD is really difficult to get right now.
Lamontsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 12:04 AM   #34
goliat
"TRF" Member

I absolutely adore the FXD.
goliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 01:02 AM   #35
MDMH
"TRF" Member

Can’t take it off + lume is nuts!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D46BA84A-65D8-42DC-9431-B292506CE257.jpeg (101.6 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpeg 9CABA506-DA67-42DC-AA21-BA7110EA4BD7.jpeg (67.8 KB, 455 views)
MDMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 01:43 AM   #36
onlyonerolly
"TRF" Member

Want one, can’t get one. It’s as simple as that. My AD has only had 3 in since launch. I’m on the list supposedly and even offered to pay in full and wait but they refused.
onlyonerolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 01:52 AM   #37
rolexjackson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
This one is a HARD pass for me, the fixed lugs and the size and strange dial do nothing for me and even more when I showed it to my wife she said “ oh god no” “that thing looks terrible” I completely agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rolexjackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 02:41 AM   #38
Nauti
"TRF" Member

Got mine end of last year and have hardly worn anything else

A fabulous execution by Tudor size is similar to Sub C, lume is amazing and its very comfortable to wear.

Dont be drawn into thinking its big lug to lug it wears smaller than its dimensions would suggest.
Nauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 07:28 AM   #39
Fritzli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg443 View Post
This one is a HARD pass for me, the fixed lugs and the size and strange dial do nothing for me and even more when I showed it to my wife she said “ oh god no” “that thing looks terrible” I completely agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So different to my wife - i got an M.N. 22 from her to our 6 year jubilee! And now i love her even more ;-)
Fritzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 08:10 AM   #40
DanishDynamite
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruse Wayne View Post
Same. In pictures I always feel like the Tudor case is very thick/tall…..
The FXD case is slimmer than the regular Pelagos case and with the titanium it wears much less top heavy.

One of my favorite and most wearable watches, a real no fuss tool watch.
DanishDynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 08:52 AM   #41
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishDynamite View Post
The FXD case is slimmer than the regular Pelagos case and with the titanium it wears much less top heavy.

One of my favorite and most wearable watches, a real no fuss tool watch.
Putting the FXD on a Watch Steward g series strap, makes the watch wear even thinner! With this strap the watch sits right on the wrist, just a crazy comfortable watch.

And agree with what others have said the watch doesn't wear as big as the lug to lug is suggest.

Tudor has to be careful with all the Rolex homage pieces they are coming out with lately. I think the FXD is truly unique to Tudor and that's what I love about it. 20220323_144859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2022, 08:55 AM   #42
MHB
"TRF" Member

Watch: VTNR, 214270, FXD
It’s a fantastic piece. I wear mine when I work at my laptop as the OEM
Velcro strap doesn’t scratch anything up.

Love it.
MHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2023, 06:52 AM   #43
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
The FXD is one of the pieces that has me truly excited to add to my collection one day. It's like nothing else on the market imho, a truly unique piece only true enthusiasts can appreciate.

I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of bracelet. It's simple, if you want a bracelet buy a BB58 or normal Pelagos. The fixed lugs are what makes this watch so special. Vintage Rolex collectors go nuts for the MilSub with fixed lugs, so the FXD falls into that category. This will be one of those watches for "the guys that know, know".

The FXD isn't trying to be a 5 digit Submariner or anything else. It is it's own watch in every regard, from the case to the dial to the count down bezel.

I said this from the beginning of Rolex made a watch with fixed lugs it would be going for 4X mrsp but Rolex won't do that anymore cause that's not what they are.

My predictions for the FXD is that it will be a short run of 2 or 3 years with the MN logo on the back. After that you might see a black and white one be in the lineup for the long term.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
I remember always saying Tudor would bring out a black FXD and discountinue the blue MN.

Seems to be coming true. I heard rumors from the beginning that the MN would only be 21, 22 and 23s stamped casebacks.

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
Old 15 September 2023, 07:22 AM   #44
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I remember always saying Tudor would bring out a black FXD and discountinue the blue MN.

Seems to be coming true. I heard rumors from the beginning that the MN would only be 21, 22 and 23s stamped casebacks.

The mn blue is bidirectional bezel and the Black is unidirectional only to be a dive watch.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2023, 07:29 AM   #45
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
The mn blue is bidirectional bezel and the Black is unidirectional only to be a dive watch.
My point was that I always thought the MN would be a short run and it looks to be that way now more so. I could be wrong and the MN could be out for another 10 years but highly doubt it.

Tudor probably wants a piece out there that will be a future collectable for enthusiasts.

Old 15 September 2023, 09:07 AM   #46
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

The fxd isn’t going anywhere. It’s here to stay
Tqmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2023, 11:19 AM   #47
Spartyfan6262
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I think the lack of enthusiasm is a sign of where this forum has been headed unfortunately. When I first joined, a military inspired Rolex or Tudor with fixed lugs would have generated a lot of interest. Now, it’s more about the resale value, the bling factor and what watches are popular on instagram. As an avid surfer, I am thrilled with my FXD. It is very comfortable too due to the titanium, as well as the case profile. Killer release.
I love the original FXD, but am lukewarm about this one. I've got tons of black dialed dive watches in the collection and don't really need another. The original, on the other hand, is fantastic. It wears beautifully.
Spartyfan6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 01:00 AM   #48
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

You sure were spot on with the prediction well over a year ago, as I recall.

I loved the blue Of the FXD MN but simply cannot live without the timer bezel function for my day to day activities. Still, I was on the wait list for the MN well before the black FXD was announced. I figure I can get my blue itch scratched with a NATO or Ericas.

Now it appears that your initial thought that the black version would be the main FXD is true as well.

I was offered a black FXD while out shopping for the wife on Sunday. Fortunately, she was close by and agreed it would be an ideal Christmas present for me. I figured better pull the trigger now as I have no idea what future supply volumes would be. Sadly, it is wrapped and under the tree.

Interestingly enough, my other local AD rep called me last night and said they just got a black FXD in that day and it was mine. So, it appears as that Tudor has these in strong supply so there should be no wait for those looking to get one in black.

I understand that the blue will remain hard to find and both reps confirmed that they had not received any 23 MN in recent months. So, it appears that the three year run is over and the black is here to stay.

Good call on your part.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 04:16 AM   #49
Spartyfan6262
"TRF" Member

I really like the FXD, particularly how flat it wears, and love the fixed lug design. However, it's hard for me to justify spending money on the FXD when I could get the Pelagos 42/39 on a really excellent bracelet for roughly the equivalent price.
Spartyfan6262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 07:19 AM   #50
Tuma
"TRF" Member

You can buy both versions online in the UK, i don't think the blue will get discontinued yet.
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2023, 11:08 AM   #51
pettyfeversk
"TRF" Member

Hi Antoine

Thank you for initiating this thread as I have been looking for a place to share my thoughts and feelings about the watch. When the Blue FXD was released in 2021, I felt it would not be a watch for me. I have a 6.5 inch wrist and fixed lugs that go to 52mm lug to lug, was just too much. In addition, I don’t like the look of Nato straps in general, so the watch was a pass for me.

Fast forward to October of this year with the release of the Black FXD. My reaction was same watch, new color. I then had a long conversation with a watch friend who owned the blue dialed version and he told me that the watch fit much differently than I thought and he also had a smaller wrist.

To get to the punchline, I bought the Black FXD and it has been one of my best watch purchases. My favorite aspects are the total matte brushed look and non reflective surfaces. It’s time only which I love and it has a simplicity and beauty that is unique. So much so that I wore it for a couple of months before making a watch change. The change was to the Blue dialed FXD which I also recently purchased.

These Tudor Pelagos FXD watches have a charm and tool watch flavor that I don’t get from my other watches .I solved the Nato issue as I wear an Erika’s Original MN strap most of the time on both models and the fit is terrific.

Before I saw your post, I was thinking about the other watches sitting in my watch case. I own the no date Submariner 124060, the Oyster Perpetual 41 Silver, and the Rolex GMT Master II 126710BLRO. They continue to be unworn as these two Tudor watches are giving me so much enjoyment.

I understand the honeymoon phase and have been through to many watches that I care to mention since the 1990’s. These Tudor Pelagos FXD watches are very special and take me back to earlier years when I owned Rolex watches from the early 70’s. (Sea Dwellers). I was too stupid to keep those watches but some of that joy and feeling comes back with the FXD . Just my two cents and just an opinion as watch likes and dislikes are fairly subjective.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2155.jpeg (244.2 KB, 93 views)
pettyfeversk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 12:36 AM   #52
Uplander20
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettyfeversk View Post
Thank you for initiating this thread as I have been looking for a place to share my thoughts and feelings about the watch. When the Blue FXD was released in 2021, I felt it would not be a watch for me. I have a 6.5 inch wrist and fixed lugs that go to 52mm lug to lug, was just too much. In addition, I don’t like the look of Nato straps in general, so the watch was a pass for me.

Fast forward to October of this year with the release of the Black FXD. My reaction was same watch, new color. I then had a long conversation with a watch friend who owned the blue dialed version and he told me that the watch fit much differently than I thought and he also had a smaller wrist.

To get to the punchline, I bought the Black FXD and it has been one of my best watch purchases. My favorite aspects are the total matte brushed look and non reflective surfaces. It’s time only which I love and it has a simplicity and beauty that is unique. So much so that I wore it for a couple of months before making a watch change. The change was to the Blue dialed FXD which I also recently purchased.

These Tudor Pelagos FXD watches have a charm and tool watch flavor that I don’t get from my other watches .I solved the Nato issue as I wear an Erika’s Original MN strap most of the time on both models and the fit is terrific.

Before I saw your post, I was thinking about the other watches sitting in my watch case. I own the no date Submariner 124060, the Oyster Perpetual 41 Silver, and the Rolex GMT Master II 126710BLRO. They continue to be unworn as these two Tudor watches are giving me so much enjoyment.

I understand the honeymoon phase and have been through to many watches that I care to mention since the 1990’s. These Tudor Pelagos FXD watches are very special and take me back to earlier years when I owned Rolex watches from the early 70’s. (Sea Dwellers). I was too stupid to keep those watches but some of that joy and feeling comes back with the FXD . Just my two cents and just an opinion as watch likes and dislikes are fairly subjective.
I am toying with the idea of getting the black FXD. I have a 114060 and a 116500LN. Would I be crazy to get rid of the 114060 and add the fxd? It was my first watch with a lot of memories so hard to part with but I feel like I never wear it anymore. A little too flashy for a GADA watch IMO.
Uplander20 is offline   Reply With Quote