The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 7 March 2024, 03:09 PM   #1
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Icon5 Share your updates from AP Shops Worldwide Avaiablility/Stock

Hello All Im looking to see if there are more opportunities in different countries AP Houses/Boutiques around the world

My recent visit to NY both the House and the Boutique had lots of pieces in stock the most I have seen in a LONG LONG time! Pre Covid

They had lots of the 37mm 38mm along with a mix of pieces on the floor (I HAVE A NOMAD so I did not ask for anything while I was there)

Please Share your most recent experiences worldwide

My guess would be that more pieces are available in Europe as I feel the economy in Europe has slowed down before the US which is now slowing down.

Cheers
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 03:13 PM   #2
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
For sale? I doubt it. Maybe pieces to try on tho.

I was at the OC boutique nothing for sale. A few pieces to try on . Same thing for passed year or so.
Old 7 March 2024, 04:59 PM   #3
Daisy502
"TRF" Member

In AP House HK, there are a lot of exhibition pieces for trying. But still need to order for allocation. I wanted the white alligator strap Code 38mm and my SA confirmed to me after a week of my visit that we can get it before the end of March. I am eyeing the RO Rose Gold 37mm next which seems to be very doable too - frankly I'm not in a rush. My sense is because I am not after a Steel RO, my experience so far is slightly different. I may consider this in the future depending on what color dial comes out for 37mm - I've been wanting the purple!
Daisy502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 11:46 PM   #4
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Hello All Im looking to see if there are more opportunities in different countries AP Houses/Boutiques around the world

My recent visit to NY both the House and the Boutique had lots of pieces in stock the most I have seen in a LONG LONG time! Pre Covid

They had lots of the 37mm 38mm along with a mix of pieces on the floor (I HAVE A NOMAD so I did not ask for anything while I was there)

Please Share your most recent experiences worldwide

My guess would be that more pieces are available in Europe as I feel the economy in Europe has slowed down before the US which is now slowing down.

Cheers
I was in nyc 3 weeks ago and 57th had exhibition pieces only. Nothing for sale.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 12:41 AM   #5
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

2 boutiques in Singapore and absolutely no ready stocks to be pick up. All that's in the display are only exhibition pieces.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 02:20 AM   #6
messikens
"TRF" Member

I'd be AMAZED if AP would let you walk out with a piece as a random walk-in. Not gonna happen...

Thankfully they have pieces to try on (esp the houses) which would be good practice anyway.

But even if they did have stock (I am sure they do) the lines are still long and the wait is going to be at least a few weeks for any piece...
messikens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 05:30 AM   #7
digitalR
"TRF" Member

Perhaps not the highest demand model and explains it but I was able to walk in and purchase a grey Offshore. I really like the watch and went to AP House with no expectation to buy anything but was in awe with the offshore when I tried on a display model and they said they have one if I want to purchase
digitalR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 07:31 AM   #8
TeddyBallGame
2024 Pledge Member

For the most part it’s hard to walk in and get allocated something. I also know for a fact that the AP boutique in Chicago offered this ROO to a walk in customer with no prior purchase history this past Saturday.
TeddyBallGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 08:55 AM   #9
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBallGame View Post
For the most part it’s hard to walk in and get allocated something. I also know for a fact that the AP boutique in Chicago offered this ROO to a walk in customer with no prior purchase history this past Saturday.
That a Very nice Piece I need gold in my collection that would have been perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalR View Post
Perhaps not the highest demand model and explains it but I was able to walk in and purchase a grey Offshore. I really like the watch and went to AP House with no expectation to buy anything but was in awe with the offshore when I tried on a display model and they said they have one if I want to purchase
What city are you in sir?

IM looking for our European AP lovers to give us an update from EU countries
Old 8 March 2024, 03:10 PM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

Nothing for sale here in LA at the AP House, some good exhibition pieces.

I was there about 3 weeks ago, placed an order for a blue lemans ROO, which supposedly is difficult to get. Got the call earlier this week and pickup tomorrow, couldn't believe how fast it came. Just in time for Summer!

Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 03:27 PM   #11
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Nothing for sale here in LA at the AP House, some good exhibition pieces.

I was there about 3 weeks ago, placed an order for a blue lemans ROO, which supposedly is difficult to get. Got the call earlier this week and pickup tomorrow, couldn't believe how fast it came. Just in time for Summer!

Amazing pick up can’t wait to see it on your wrist. Perfect spring summer watch.
Old 8 March 2024, 04:09 PM   #12
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Flying to NY now!!!!!
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 09:17 PM   #13
TheHolyLuck
"TRF" Member

In Paris, for a new customer at walk in one of the new ROO at 60k was available, also 26238 st Green, some code chrono. He asked for the ROO baby blue 26238 but they didn’t accepted for a first time customer.
TheHolyLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 09:28 PM   #14
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Flying to NY now!!!!!
I admire your wealth of knowledge and passion around "haute horlogerie" but your "flying here, flying there"-comments whenever somebody writes about watches being available are quite redundant
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 11:23 PM   #15
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
I admire your wealth of knowledge and passion around "haute horlogerie" but your "flying here, flying there"-comments whenever somebody writes about watches being available are quite redundant
I can't drive to NY. There is a huge ocean in between continental Europe and NY, and ship takes too long. If I can't find stock in my country, what can I do other than flying to buy the available watch in another location?

However, I do call before I fly there. 100% of the time, the stock ain't there when I ask the SA over the phone. I wonder why. That's the reason why I call first. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe where collectors here see a lot of stock but my "side" of the universe I don't. No harm trying though.

I have bought watches outside my country and I will be collecting a watch next month in Japan. I'm quite serious about traveling to buy watches. Feel free to skip or ignore these "redundant" posts.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 05:10 PM   #16
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyLuck View Post
In Paris, for a new customer at walk in one of the new ROO at 60k was available, also 26238 st Green, some code chrono. He asked for the ROO baby blue 26238 but they didn’t accepted for a first time customer.
That’s awesome thank you for giving us feed back on France. I’m really hoping to see a trend of more available in the EU than in the US.
Old 10 March 2024, 03:15 AM   #17
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
I dream about doing that!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2024, 05:54 AM   #18
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
I dream about doing that!
If I had that car in your Thumbnail I would DRIVE everywhere lol