The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 March 2024, 10:09 PM   #61
Wilco68
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 / YM40 / DJ41
Why not a slate YM40? Ideal for your wrist size & subtle enough to be a daily.

Also easily copes with either smart or casual supremely well.
Wilco68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 03:52 AM   #62
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Your daily watch should be the one most comfortable to wear, possibly all day long. For that reason I would choose 116600 which, apart from its comfort, I consider the best watch out of the hunch mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 12:25 PM   #63
Dawgprint
"TRF" Member

Well this is a great conversation.
Actually surprised no one brought up that you have 2/3 of the trinity :
Sea, and air. You are lacking LAND for the TRINITY!

This means what? Explorer? Good luck with your decision!
Dawgprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 04:43 PM   #64
Flypanam
2024 Pledge Member

Pepsi for sure. Based on your comments, it seems like this is the watch you crave most, and the other options you're considering are based on some doubts or reservations. Maybe you're worried it won't live up to your expectations? Or like you said, maybe you feel like it'll be "too much"?

I understand that you feel like it may be a little loud. Many current gen Rolexes, including the GMT Master II's, tend to have lots of shiny/blingy bits, including the ceramic bezels, white goals markers, high polished steel components. I have a VTNR and it certainly is shinier than I had initially expected, especially on the oyster with polished center links, but it's not nearly as loud as I think you're expecting for day to day wear.

If it's really that big of a concern, why not consider a 16710? I wouldn't buy a new BLRO gray because the markup is ridiculous, but a 16710 in good condition with a recent service and all the documents would likely run about the same as a BLRO from the AD if you do just a bit of searching for the right deal.

It's more conservatively proportioned, with nicer case dimensions, much less "bling" factor, and honestly it's supremely comfortable. IMHO it's a perfect daily wearer. Though I think I am biased -- I love the newer gen Rolexes, they are truly beautiful and eye catching, but the classic 5 digit references to me are better daily's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240313_225516 2.jpg (241.9 KB, 31 views)
Tudor: Pelagos 42 Blue; North Flag; BB GMT
Best of the rest: Zenith Defy Classic Skeleton; Panerai Luminor PAM1085 Blu Mare; Hermes H08 Madison LE; Grand Seiko Soko SBGA429; Breitling Chronomat 40 GMT
Flypanam is offline   Reply With Quote