The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 March 2024, 05:42 PM   #31
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by magootrp11 View Post
Hello,
Newbie on forum and first post. I do not have a Rolex yet but I listed two weeks ago at Kempfs for a GMT.

Could you explain a bit more as to the reputation of the store either here or PM?

Called Mayors at Florida Mall and wanted me to make an appt. Ended showing up there and told me they were closing and was like why didnt you state this on the phone? Told me to go to Millenia…

My ideal watch is the blue and red bezel in SS. I hear that is the Eleanor for this watch.

Not trying to hijack thread!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want an appointment to ask for a blue and red bezel (GMT Pepsi I assume you mean?) then you’ll struggle hugely.

As your first Rolex from an AD, I’d focus more on an explorer, Air King or one of the datejusts.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 08:55 PM   #32
magootrp11
"TRF" Member

Watch: ISO 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
If you want an appointment to ask for a blue and red bezel (GMT Pepsi I assume you mean?) then you’ll struggle hugely.

As your first Rolex from an AD, I’d focus more on an explorer, Air King or one of the datejusts.

GM
Appreciate you responding and certainly have heard that I may never see that watch from an AD. Will wait to see the next release of models and go from there. Heard rumor of a black dial, bezel and green GMT hand, which may look great. My luck that will also be an Eleanor!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
magootrp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 10:34 PM   #33
Midlifegoals
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126334 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
At some point, I believe this will be the ONLY Rolex AD in Central Florida.

Florida Mall Mayors will be closing soon (Rolex already gone) and the two AD's on the east coast (Daytona and Melbourne) are very small independents that I would expect to be relieved of their status at some point as they won't meet the store front requirements.

This would be best for Rolex as it centralizes the distribution into a beautiful new store in a high end mall that will service (and control) that market for years. Done and Dusted. That is unless Bucherer comes to town, then bye bye WOS / Mayors.
Do the new store front requirements dictate exterior building requirements in addition to interior designs? Hoping my AD can hold on to status.
Midlifegoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 11:44 PM   #34
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressojoe View Post
I hope everything works out. I don't have anything good to say about the Melbourne/Indialantic AD, Kempf's Jewelers. They expect you to have a certain spend amount on their own-design jewelry and be a certain 'class' person before they think you are good enough for a Rolex....
In my opinion, Kempf's represents everything that is wrong with certain Rolex AD's. I've had good experiences at all of the Mall at Millenia WOS boutiques.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you at Kempf's.
My experience at Kempf's has always been superb and successful over the past 15 years. In contrast, I will never shop at any of the snobby Orlando-area boutiques. YMMV
Sgooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 12:24 AM   #35
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

One AD I really like is Underwood in Ponte Vedra. I purchased my BB58 there & the SA was super nice. Unfortunately she told me that Rolex was being really strict about having to go to your local AD. I'm about 2 hours away, I'm near Orlando & Underwood is near Jacksonville. But I'm going to call her up again to see if maybe things have changed.
~Ocho1~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 12:32 AM   #36
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
I hope everything works out. I don't have anything good to say about the Melbourne/Indialantic AD, Kempf's Jewelers. They expect you to have a certain spend amount on their own-design jewelry and be a certain 'class' person before they think you are good enough for a Rolex.

I'm clearly a watch enthusiast with means and have dealt with a nice SA there and showed him several watches that I own for his own interest, including vintage Rolexes. I know that he has tried to put in a good word for me, but I was told that I don't fall into the type person that the owners want to sell to.

In my opinion, Kempf's represents everything that is wrong with certain Rolex AD's. I've had good experiences at all of the Mall at Millenia WOS boutiques.
Not the right type?? Eph them!!

Is this what Rolex wants of the AD’s who sell their product, exclusivity to the point of extreme arrogance?
Old 8 March 2024, 09:17 AM   #37
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlifegoals View Post
Do the new store front requirements dictate exterior building requirements in addition to interior designs? Hoping my AD can hold on to status.
I would expect the total storefront needs to be up to snuff.

How Kempfs has survived is unclear. It’s a very small AD in a comfortable but not affluent area. The dealer in Vero who got axed appeared far better in every metric, including area.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 10:19 AM   #38
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope everything works out. I don't have anything good to say about the Melbourne/Indialantic AD, Kempf's Jewelers. They expect you to have a certain spend amount on their own-design jewelry and be a certain 'class' person before they think you are good enough for a Rolex.

I'm clearly a watch enthusiast with means and have dealt with a nice SA there and showed him several watches that I own for his own interest, including vintage Rolexes. I know that he has tried to put in a good word for me, but I was told that I don't fall into the type person that the owners want to sell to.

What 'type' of person are they thinking you are?
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2024, 11:15 PM   #39
Saints1
"TRF" Member

I have purchased several Rolex watches at Orlando's Millenia location over the years. When they first opened, they were very welcoming and a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately, over time, all aspects of their customer service, including responsiveness (even to an established buyer), have declined, and I have personally seen them treat other visitors to the store with very snobbish, rude, dismissive and condescending behavior. This will likely only worsen as they become the only option in the Orlando area.
Saints1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 02:44 AM   #40
espressojoe
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
I'm not exactly sure what 'type' of person they think I am. I can tell you that I don't show off my means, but I carry myself well if you pay attention to the details.

As far as my knowledge of this AD, it's more extensive that I care to publish on this forum. I agree that others may have had great experiences, however I stand by what I've already stated.
espressojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 04:44 AM   #41
Turb0wned
"TRF" Member

That store is terrible. The employees are treat you like trash.
Old 15 March 2024, 04:56 AM   #42
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKunz View Post
Does that little dealer in Lutz still carry Rolex watches? Now that’s a head scratcher. Can’t for the life of me understand why Rolex would need a tiny dealer in a one traffic light town. Most people have never heard of Lutz.
They do. I don't get it either.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 04:57 AM   #43
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Tampa store is great! I know many first time buyers that got something. More desirable models you will need a history.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2024, 05:32 AM   #44
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turb0wned View Post
That store is terrible. The employees are treat you like trash.
which store is that, Millenia or Kempf?
~Ocho1~ is offline   Reply With Quote