The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 March 2024, 07:42 AM   #1
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Best place to have Rolex authenticated in Sacramento area

I have the opportunity to pick up a WG 116519 from a friend of mine, who purchased the watch grey in the Bay Area, of which I don’t know the seller.
Watch comes full set with box and papers, I just want to be sure.
Anyone have a recommendation of where to take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
j.mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 10:03 AM   #2
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 279171-0001
There is only one AD in the Sacramento area, and that's De Vons in the Roseville Galleria. Also De Vons in Fresno and De Vons in Fernley, NV. But, they are not authorized service centers. To find the authorized service centers anywhere in the USA, go to this link on the Rolex website.
KathleenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 10:05 AM   #3
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenL View Post
There is only one AD in the Sacramento area, and that's De Vons in the Roseville Galleria. Also De Vons in Fresno and De Vons in Fernley, NV. But, they are not authorized service centers. To find the authorized service centers anywhere in the USA, go to this link on the Rolex website.

I know Devon’s, but I always read on here not to take them in the AD, but rather find an independent service center.

Old 12 March 2024, 10:13 AM   #4
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

De Vons is authorized to SELL Rolex watches, but they are not authorized by Rolex to SERVICE Rolex watches. The link I included takes you to the Rolex website - specifically to the page where you can see which places are authorized by Rolex to service a Rolex watch. If any place other than a service center authorized by Rolex opens up a Rolex watch, it will void the warranty. If your potential purchase is already out of warranty, then take it anywhere you want. If it's still within the 5-year warranty period, take it only to a place that's authorized by Rolex. It's up to you.

The closest one to Sacramento would be Davidson & Licht at 1329 North Main Street
Walnut Creek California 94596. They're open 11:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. seven days a week.
Old 12 March 2024, 10:29 AM   #5
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Thank you! You’re so helpful.
I’ve never had any of my current watches serviced yet at this point.
Thank you very much.

Old 12 March 2024, 10:38 AM   #6
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Happy I could help. Good luck!
Old 12 March 2024, 10:40 AM   #7
j.mo
"TRF" Member

Thank you! You’re so helpful.
I’ve never had any of my current watches serviced yet at this point.
Thank you very much.

Old 12 March 2024, 11:10 AM   #8
kgzpop
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Though I haven’t used them for authentication services, only bracelet adjustments and a few batteries in a quartz piece, a friend that got me into this game years ago swears by Paul’s watch repair on Marconi at Fulton. He has purchased several vintage Rolex pieces there and had at least one evaluated in the past. Maybe worth a visit
kgzpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 02:52 PM   #9
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Best place to have Rolex authenticated in Sacramento area

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenL View Post

Hi, Kathleen

FYI, Devons’ does own 3 Rolex ADs. They are in The Roseville Galleria, as you mentioned, Lincoln Center, in Stocton, which I use, and Reno, Nevada. Though there is a Devons in Fresno, it is not a Rolex AD. They have many other jewelry stores, but only 3 Rolex ADs. I wanted to post this, in case someone in the area wants to check out the Rolexes. The Roseville store has a lot more to look at, than the Stocton location. The Stocton location does not have a service dept., either.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 02:54 PM   #10
ATLSFO
"TRF" Member

I can also suggest you contact Paul's in Town and Country Village and find out what he would charge to authenticate your watch.
ATLSFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 01:37 AM   #11
jacowestt
2024 Pledge Member

In the Sacramento area, you might want to consider reaching out to authorized Rolex dealers or authorized service centers. They often have trained professionals who can authenticate Rolex watches and provide you with assurance regarding its authenticity. You can also search for reputable watchmakers or jewelers in the area who specialize in luxury watches and offer authentication services. Be sure to inquire about their expertise and experience with Rolex watches before making a decision.
jacowestt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 01:17 PM   #12
KathleenL
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Hi, Kathleen

FYI, Devons’ does own 3 Rolex ADs. They are in The Roseville Galleria, as you mentioned, Lincoln Center, in Stocton, which I use, and Reno, Nevada. Though there is a Devons in Fresno, it is not a Rolex AD. They have many other jewelry stores, but only 3 Rolex ADs. I wanted to post this, in case someone in the area wants to check out the Rolexes. The Roseville store has a lot more to look at, than the Stocton location. The Stocton location does not have a service dept., either.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, you're right. I stand corrected. I knew De Vons has an AD location in Stockton, but I was talking to my sis at the same time I was typing, and she'd just said something about Fresno and that's what I typed. Sorry!
Old 15 March 2024, 01:47 AM   #13
j.mo
"TRF" Member

I spoke with a representative at Davidson and Licht yesterday. They will take a look at the watch, and offer their professional opinion on authenticity, but will not officially make any such statement or put in writing.
He offered rather, that he would like to sell me a piece, rather than authenticate.
Which, I’m ok with that as well, I asked if he had a 126519LN he would like to allocate me, which he said he did not have any Daytonas, but he would love to have me come to the location, get in the database, and form a relationship.

He’s aware of the pieces I have, and that I am a member of the forum, from where I got the recommendations to visit them. I’ve had a few others in PM’s recommend them as an AD before previously as well. They are also aware I am willing to go grey, but would rather prefer an AD.

We’ll see what happens!

Old 15 March 2024, 09:51 AM   #14
j.mo
"TRF" Member

I had the piece authenticated by both Devon’s, and Davidson and Licht. Everything checked out well, and I purchased.
I was offered a few pieces by Davidson and licht, however politely declined, and they said we will keep in touch.
Excellent experience there, and they put both the Daytona and my BLNR through a complimentary cleaning.

Thanks everyone!