The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 7 May 2024, 11:57 PM   #1
DL19
"TRF" Member

Does the 26240ST (Blue/Green) require AP House approval?

Is the 26240ST (Blue/Green) reference a piece that requires AP House approval prior to allocation?

Heard this several times but can't imagine the watch is in demand to the extent that it would warrant AP House or even HQ approval?
DL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 01:30 AM   #2
value.target
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, PP
No. 26240ST are made enough for demand
Old 8 May 2024, 01:30 AM   #3
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
It will require approval from someone, be it the SA, manager or corporate since it cannot be just bought on the spot and there is no 1st come 1st serve type of system. Who decides doesn't really matter to us the end customer.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 02:13 AM   #4
messikens
"TRF" Member

To other posters - it's still an in demand watch so it'll require an SA or a boutique manager approval to give it to YOU.

AP houses are JV boutiques, to my knowledge they don't have any higher power than any other stores
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 02:37 AM   #5
2000-NJDEVILS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL19 View Post
Is the 26240ST (Blue/Green) reference a piece that requires AP House approval prior to allocation?

Heard this several times but can't imagine the watch is in demand to the extent that it would warrant AP House or even HQ approval?
If you are a previous buyer of AP - it should not be an issue.
If you are a “walk-in” or made an appointment to visit with an SA - be prepared to be “added to the wait list”.
I have zero knowledge on how it will take to “Get the call” (in my case w/AP on 57th Street NYC) it was 2 years and she texted me to come in (probably someone else backed out)……
Good Luck!
2000-NJDEVILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 04:16 AM   #6
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
26240st is allocated at the boutique level. No other approval above that is needed.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 09:32 AM   #7
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Just manager approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 04:06 AM   #8
Lemarp
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The way AP makes it sound is that it needs approval by Jesus himself.
Lemarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 05:00 AM   #9
value.target
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemarp View Post
The way AP makes it sound is that it needs approval by Jesus himself.
This!
Old 10 May 2024, 09:55 AM   #10
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It's true cos AP House is just the lowest in the approval chain. Don't let the term House mislead you.

From my understanding, there are 3 different sources of approval depending on what timepieces are involved.

1) Boutique/Flagship Boutique/AP House, which all falls under the same category and has no approval power over each other. All regular productions are approved by the managers of respective Boutiques under this category. The differences between them are allocations. Flagships gets more allocations than normal Boutiques and AP House receives the most.

2) Regional Approvals. Most LEs, highly sought after limited productions (eg 50th anniversary releases and most ceramic pieces) and regular 2 hands Jumbos are approved by regional CEOs.

3) Corporate Approvals. They are involved in approving complications, special releases such as the Starwheel, all Openworked and even special releases of Jumbo.

These are info I received from 2 different managers in different Boutiques.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 06:01 PM   #11
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
It's true cos AP House is just the lowest in the approval chain. Don't let the term House mislead you.

From my understanding, there are 3 different sources of approval depending on what timepieces are involved.

1) Boutique/Flagship Boutique/AP House, which all falls under the same category and has no approval power over each other. All regular productions are approved by the managers of respective Boutiques under this category. The differences between them are allocations. Flagships gets more allocations than normal Boutiques and AP House receives the most.

2) Regional Approvals. Most LEs, highly sought after limited productions (eg 50th anniversary releases and most ceramic pieces) and regular 2 hands Jumbos are approved by regional CEOs.

3) Corporate Approvals. They are involved in approving complications, special releases such as the Starwheel, all Openworked and even special releases of Jumbo.

Ginny Wright approves all jumbo allocations in USA?
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 06:37 PM   #12
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
Ginny Wright approves all jumbo allocations in USA?
I don't know who's that. I'm in Asia. But generally this allocation info should be correct across the board.
Old 10 May 2024, 08:36 PM   #13
iten
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Starwheel??? I feel special
iten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 10:19 PM   #14
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iten View Post
Starwheel??? I feel special
That's what's told to me. Starwheel is actually limited production run.
Old 11 May 2024, 01:32 AM   #15
value.target
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's what's told to me. Starwheel is actually limited production run.
I was offered the Starwheel last year, but turned it down. Its design is gorgeous but not a watch for me. I was told they only get 1 Starwheel for the boutique.

I think there is not many demand for the Starwheel at my local boutique, perhaps!