The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 23 May 2024, 08:58 PM   #31
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Here we are almost two months after watches and wonders and people are still desperately trying to find ways for the Pepsi to be discontinued. It’s comical at this point.
Old 23 May 2024, 09:33 PM   #32
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Cannot understand why or is it if perceived discontinued prices will shoot up, as now to many Rolex watches are just now ££$$€€ objects and little more.

Got it - hadn't read that comment in about 2 days so appreciate you reminding us!

Is there a hotkey for this?
Old 23 May 2024, 10:01 PM   #33
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Dev at Rolex has clearly got a BLRO to sell lol
Old 23 May 2024, 10:38 PM   #34
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Here we are almost two months after watches and wonders and people are still desperately trying to find ways for the Pepsi to be discontinued. It’s comical at this point.
I was going through YouTube last night and it was almost comical how many channels had videos assuring us that the BLRO would be discontinued. Almost every one cited inside sources at ADs and even Rolex itself.

Let's follow this to its logical conclusion. Let's say, for example, that the BLRO was being discontinued. The reason most of these vloggers conclude this to be the case is because the ceramic bezel is more fragile and too labor intensive to produce. Well if that's true, then the existing BLROs are essentially time bombs until the bezel fails or cracks and Rolex cannot reproduce it. We just know that's not true because Rolex has been making the BLRO bezel for years and, if anything, has gotten better at it.

All I believe is that the BLRO bezel is marginally harder to make, may be more fragile if the watch is serviced, and as a result may be made in fewer numbers than the other variations. If Rolex is going to discontinue the BLRO, I think it will be entirely voluntary; not related to some internal production issue which doesn't seem to really exist.
Old 23 May 2024, 10:59 PM   #35
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I was going through YouTube last night and it was almost comical how many channels had videos assuring us that the BLRO would be discontinued. Almost every one cited inside sources at ADs and even Rolex itself.

Let's follow this to its logical conclusion. Let's say, for example, that the BLRO was being discontinued. The reason most of these vloggers conclude this to be the case is because the ceramic bezel is more fragile and too labor intensive to produce. Well if that's true, then the existing BLROs are essentially time bombs until the bezel fails or cracks and Rolex cannot reproduce it. We just know that's not true because Rolex has been making the BLRO bezel for years and, if anything, has gotten better at it.

All I believe is that the BLRO bezel is marginally harder to make, may be more fragile if the watch is serviced, and as a result may be made in fewer numbers than the other variations. If Rolex is going to discontinue the BLRO, I think it will be entirely voluntary; not related to some internal production issue which doesn't seem to really exist.
Most things on YouTube now are nothing more than click bait, never felt the need to use it for any watch related stuff and never will, not while I have use of my own brain which is sadly lacking with some today.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 24 May 2024, 12:25 AM   #36
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

Fake news.
Old 24 May 2024, 12:27 AM   #37
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Working fine now in the US
Old 24 May 2024, 12:28 AM   #38
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Out the safe, back in the safe … hahahahaha .. oh my word ..
Old 24 May 2024, 12:30 AM   #39
luk4s83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Most things on YouTube now are nothing more than click bait, never felt the need to use it for any watch related stuff and never will, not while I have use of my own brain which is sadly lacking with some today.

You may see it that way but the truth is YouTube is exactly how Rolex and overall wristwatch hype started. IMO this is exactly the reason why we cannot get anything from AD, unlike pre-YT times. You think people saw the opportunity and started buying Rolex because they saw them being advertised in tennis or F1? Like you're saying most people don't use their brains and hence why they are prone to manipulation and get influenced easily.
Old 24 May 2024, 12:55 AM   #40
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk4s83 View Post
You may see it that way but the truth is YouTube is exactly how Rolex and overall wristwatch hype started. IMO this is exactly the reason why we cannot get anything from AD, unlike pre-YT times. You think people saw the opportunity and started buying Rolex because they saw them being advertised in tennis or F1? Like you're saying most people don't use their brains and hence why they are prone to manipulation and get influenced easily.
Agree today many buy Rolex watches because they are hyped, simply because with many today they buy the hype to wear the hype and not the watch.But still would not use YouTube for anything watch related not while I got the use of my own brain.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 24 May 2024, 01:00 AM   #41
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
Not just YouTube.

WatchPro wrote a story in November titled: "Concerns persist over Rolex GMT Pepsi production" adding that "the reference may be discontinued next year."

Et tu, Rob Corder?

Is a story about circulating rumors considered journalism? The article cites neither source inside nor confirmation from the Crown.

It shows publications like WatchPro that rely on digital ads are not above chasing clicks for survival.

Reference: https://www.watchpro.com/concerns-pe...si-production/

—Danny
Old 24 May 2024, 01:01 AM   #42
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Got it - hadn't read that comment in about 2 days so appreciate you reminding us!

Is there a hotkey for this?
Old 24 May 2024, 01:13 AM   #43
Wilco68
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 / YM40 / DJ41
I’m glad this is a reference I’m not a fan of, as there seems to be a lot of stress about it if you are unfortunately.

From the amount of information I have heard/seen though, the conclusion I’ve come to is the new GMT was launched to use up a load of cases that couldn’t be made into BLRO’s because of bezel production issues, & on any that do make it to sale, the bezel is likely to have more fragility than others.

Where’s there’s smoke, there’s fire as the saying goes…….
Old 24 May 2024, 01:28 AM   #44
luk4s83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco68 View Post
I’m glad this is a reference I’m not a fan of, as there seems to be a lot of stress about it if you are unfortunately.

From the amount of information I have heard/seen though, the conclusion I’ve come to is the new GMT was launched to use up a load of cases that couldn’t be made into BLRO’s because of bezel production issues, & on any that do make it to sale, the bezel is likely to have more fragility than others.

Where’s there’s smoke, there’s fire as the saying goes…….
It's not smoke though, that's a fart
Old 24 May 2024, 01:41 AM   #45
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
It is there in the Canadian website
Old 24 May 2024, 01:48 AM   #46
Tzachi
2024 Pledge Member

It's a glitch

Rolex has (like many other companies) glitches on the web site from time to time.
As in previous occasions, they will fix it.

No need to rush to Chrono24 or the dealer near you...
Old 24 May 2024, 01:54 AM   #47
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post
Not just YouTube.

WatchPro wrote a story in November titled: "Concerns persist over Rolex GMT Pepsi production" adding that "the reference may be discontinued next year."

Et tu, Rob Corder?

Is a story about circulating rumors considered journalism? The article cites neither source inside nor confirmation from the Crown.

It shows publications like WatchPro that rely on digital ads are not above chasing clicks for survival.

Reference: https://www.watchpro.com/concerns-pe...si-production/

—Danny
It's all speculation. Entertaining for sure, but hardly accurate. I have been doing this long enough now (not as long as others) to KNOW that no one outside of Rolex knows anything I do not know. No one has ever gotten Rolex releases entirely accurate, ever.

Next year, people will talk about a Coke GMT AGAIN. And if one is released people will pat themselves on the back despite having predicted it for three or four years now. Prediction news is better classified as wishful thinking.
Old 24 May 2024, 02:12 AM   #48
24hr
Banned

It’s back on the US configuration but rest assured it was gone and not fake news or anyone trying to drive sales.
Old 24 May 2024, 02:23 AM   #49
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

attachment-Willy-Wonka.jpg

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 24 May 2024, 03:06 AM   #50
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr View Post
It’s back on the US configuration but rest assured it was gone and not fake news or anyone trying to drive sales.
They discontinued it and decided to put it back into production due to the response on the grey market
Old 24 May 2024, 03:12 AM   #51
24hr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
They discontinued it and decided to put it back into production due to the response on the grey market
No it’s not that complicated, it was not showing as an option in the configuration system but is now back.
Old 24 May 2024, 03:15 AM   #52
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Quote:
It's all speculation. Entertaining for sure, but hardly accurate. I have been doing this long enough now (not as long as others) to KNOW that no one outside of Rolex knows anything I do not know. No one has ever gotten Rolex releases entirely accurate, ever.

Next year, people will talk about a Coke GMT AGAIN. And if one is released people will pat themselves on the back despite having predicted it for three or four years now. Prediction news is better classified as wishful thinking.
We can assign probability %: Like you, I have been doing this long enough that I will assign a probability of Rolex releasing a Coke directly in steel at exactly 0%.

--Danny
Old 24 May 2024, 03:17 AM   #53
24hr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post
We can assign probability %: Like you, I have been doing this long enough that I will assign a probability of Rolex releasing a Coke directly in steel at exactly 0%.

--Danny
Poppycock 100% Poppycock
Old 24 May 2024, 03:35 AM   #54
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Well that was a waste of my time……

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 24 May 2024, 04:24 AM   #55
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 24 May 2024, 04:52 AM   #56
sgt10p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
This forum is full of headless chickens. Or talk of Rolex watches as jewellery bought by fatuous people.

I thought it was a place to learn about Rolex from enthusiasts.

Go figure, as Americans say.
Old 24 May 2024, 05:33 AM   #57
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt10p View Post
This forum is full of headless chickens. Or talk of Rolex watches as jewellery bought by fatuous people.

Headless chicken? Funny, considering you're the one with ruffled feathers
Old 24 May 2024, 06:42 AM   #58
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
Don’t worry. We will see another 10 videos on YT from people with vested interest about the “discontinuation” of the BLRO and expect an over the top reaction with it! Can’t wait!
Indeed, great fake hype. Watch prices jump on the rumor (again), here we go. Probably a website issue.
Old 24 May 2024, 07:03 AM   #59
24hr
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTockChuck View Post
Indeed, great fake hype. Watch prices jump on the rumor (again), here we go. Probably a website issue.
What really happened was that someone noticed the blue red option had disappeared and told the forum. He was 100% accurate and truthful. Later it reappeared. All this huffing and puffing and saltiness for reporting facts.
Old 24 May 2024, 07:26 AM   #60
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Egg-xactly …
Someone clucked up ..
someone let the hen out of the bag ..
Rolex need to be abreast of it ..
egg-cellent observation ..
Closed Thread