The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 December 2023, 12:53 AM   #31
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Cream 116520 is the GOAT
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 08:15 AM   #32
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Is this ok?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 08:23 AM   #33
DavideV67
"TRF" Member

a front photo would be needed
DavideV67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 09:03 AM   #34
mdtddd2007
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, GS
Great post! Thanks.
mdtddd2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 10:00 AM   #35
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavideV67 View Post
a front photo would be needed
Is this better?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 11:12 AM   #36
DavideV67
"TRF" Member

Definitely better :-) It's a Mk 4 Superluminova.... right?
Old 21 December 2023, 11:37 AM   #37
Phrank
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ♕
Here is my Rolex Daytona V Serial (2009) 116520 Black dial.

Looks like my dial matches the Mk 6 Bis dial - lume is green.

What does Bis stand for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex_Daytona_116520_1.jpg (106.0 KB, 80 views)
Phrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 06:57 PM   #38
DavideV67
"TRF" Member

Mk 6 bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrank View Post
Here is my Rolex Daytona V Serial (2009) 116520 Black dial.

Looks like my dial matches the Mk 6 Bis dial - lume is green.

What does Bis stand for?

Yes, it corresponds to (my) Mk 6 bis. Bis because they are two practically identical dials that differ only in the minute track at 6 o'clock, next to the writing "Swiss Made". It fits perfectly within the period I indicated and should already have mirrored counters. Right green luminescence (Superluminova)
Old 25 May 2024, 01:48 AM   #39
DavideV67
"TRF" Member

News update

New Mark detected (5 bis)

Hoping to do something you like .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavideV67 View Post
Hello everyone.
I am writing from Italy and I have decided to share this "latest effort" of mine with you too.
I apologize immediately if you find some words wrong (I'm using Google Translate) and if this article of mine is out of place.
After comparing all the dials seen from 2022 to today with those I have archived over the previous years. This allowed me to catalog as best I could the various Marks present on this reference, also placing them in time bands.
Obviously, being a self-taught work, it can be (and I hope it is) subject to corrections/in-depth analysis and therefore, if after comparing those you have seen/owned and of which you are 100% certain of the originality/coevalness , if there are any changes to be made... they are welcome!!
This humble publication of mine was also dictated by the fact that some dials are not present in the catalogs found online and this has created quite a few "failures" as they were deemed not to be contemporary (to the great disappointment of the owners, alas).
The one most tormented by these "expertise" is the one I have classified as Mk 6: it has the "misfortune" of being very similar to the Mk1 (especially in having the long minute track on the sides of the "Swiss Made" writing) and therefore when it is seen on serials post 2003/2004 he is pilloried (the last episode happened just yesterday).
In reality it is a very, very common dial seen since 2008 and present until the end of production.
It differs from the Mk 1 both for the alignments in the graphics (slight in the "5 lines" but more evident at 6 o'clock) and for the counters ("bronzed" in the Mk 1 - "mirrored" in the Mk6).
However, the Mk 6 bis is not at all "problematic" as it is identical in every way but with the short minute track at 6 o'clock, like all its other contemporaries.
In cataloging I felt I had to keep unchanged the order found on the internet only of the first 3 Mk, those defined as "first series", accompanied (not always) by the slim hands since, as is well known, they are dials that were used indiscriminately in the first years of life of 116520.
I have 2 other "types" of dials in my archive that could be part of the very first productions but I have never seen them live and I do not consider the documentation I have sufficient at the moment. In this case they will be integrated later as Mk 1bis and 1ter.
For all the others I tried to follow a chronological order (always and exclusively based on my personal experience).
The differences between the various Mk concern very small (sometimes almost imperceptible) details in the graphics and alignments.
As you will see in the photos I have also included the type of luminescent material used as well as the "colour" of the counters, characteristics that can be found, without distinction, on the same Mk.
P.S.: only on the Mk 7 and 8 I am not sure (since I have never seen them) with the "double luminescence" ...
Obviously here the confirmation on the coevalness will be obtained by "analyzing" the serial number of the watch on the basis of other information such as:
- Superluminova luminescence (seen) until the first half of 2014
- Chromalight luminescence (seen) starting May/June 2013
- “bronzed” counters (seen) up to medium “V”.
- counters "mirrored" by the top "M" (seen - NOS M98xxxx)
I repeat myself: the above is the result of personal research.... therefore it is not law.

I hope it can be useful....

N.B.: one dial was left “out” of the cataloging as it has only been seen twice (not live), both dating back to 2009/2010. The owner of one of the 2 (a serial high V) declared that he had collected it in person from an official dealer... few however to include it in the Mk.
If others emerge, it will be a reason for an update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MK 5 e 5bis.jpg (223.2 KB, 46 views)
Old 25 May 2024, 07:59 AM   #40
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Good thread Davide ..
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote