The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 May 2024, 01:16 AM   #1
CalicoRock480
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date II
White tag vs green tag

Hi, I’m new here and have a question. Recently purchased a sky dweller 2023 and it came with a green model tag instead of the usual “new” white tag. Should I be suspicious that it’s not real. Came with authenticity, but with many epic fakes out there, would it be that hard to pass authentication?
CalicoRock480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 04:55 AM   #2
hojlund
"TRF" Member

green tag not important, only the white tag matters because it has the model number, dial configuration and serial number.
hojlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:23 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoRock480 View Post
Hi, I’m new here and have a question. Recently purchased a sky dweller 2023 and it came with a green model tag instead of the usual “new” white tag. Should I be suspicious that it’s not real. Came with authenticity, but with many epic fakes out there, would it be that hard to pass authentication?
All the plastic tags whether white green or any other colour,they are far easier to fake than the watches.In many countries the white tag is not often given as it's mainly for the AD for inventory purposes,the most important bit of plastic is the warranty card.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:24 AM   #4
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Many threads/posts about the white tag. Some ADs keep 'em (such as Watches of Switzerland), and some ADs include them with the set.

Not sure if you bought your Sky Dweller new from an AD or on the secondary market, but the absence of the white tag has no bearing on whether the watch is authentic or not.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 06:46 AM   #5
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex won't do a dial swap on your watch. You don't need a white tag to confirm what the dial is. The tags are not particularly important on a pre owned watch although they are nice to have. They can easily be faked. Hopefully you bought the seller and did all you could to confirm the provenance of the watch. If authenticity hinges on the white tags you have a problem. I doubt this is the case.

Congratulations. Enjoy your fantastic watch.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 08:37 AM   #6
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
White tag vs green tag

I think the OP is saying that his watch came with the older green rectangular model tag, that preceded the white model tag, which would concern me, if the watch is supposed to be from 2023. Since these tags all originate from Rolex, any newer model tags should be white. Green has not been used since 2016. I have seen the green ones pictured, on the web, recently, with fake Rolexes, though. The other possibility is that it is NOS, and was manufactured pre - 2016. The Skydweller has been around since 2012.
If your watch came with this: instead of this: something is very wrong.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 08:58 AM   #7
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
The white tag is very important, green tag not so much
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 09:40 AM   #8
KatGirl

White tag vs green tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
The white tag is very important, green tag not so much

The white tag can be important, but lots of ADs won’t provide them to buyers.

Old 25 May 2024, 09:55 AM   #9
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Rolex won't do a dial swap on your watch. You don't need a white tag to confirm what the dial is. The tags are not particularly important on a pre owned watch although they are nice to have. They can easily be faked. Hopefully you bought the seller and did all you could to confirm the provenance of the watch. If authenticity hinges on the white tags you have a problem. I doubt this is the case.

Congratulations. Enjoy your fantastic watch.
Rolex doesn’t do dial swap but there’s no guarantee grey dealers wouldn’t to maximise profits 😄
Greg.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 10:46 AM   #10
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.A View Post
Rolex doesn’t do dial swap but there’s no guarantee grey dealers wouldn’t to maximise profits 😄
This needs to be considered when buying a watch on the secondary market. And one without the white tag.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 02:30 PM   #11
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
If you are suspicious that your watch isn’t real then you bought it from the wrong person.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 07:36 PM   #12
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Rolex doesn’t do dial swap but there’s no guarantee grey dealers wouldn’t to maximise profits ��
Care to name and shame some? It will be informative if you can outline the methods that a dealer would use to con a dial out of a supplier with a parts account. Or is this an imaginary scenario?
Old 25 May 2024, 08:26 PM   #13
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Some ADs include the white tag. Some don't.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 08:28 PM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Care to name and shame some? It will be informative if you can outline the methods that a dealer would use to con a dial out of a supplier with a parts account. Or is this an imaginary scenario?
More likely imaginary hysteria like many things Rolex related today.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 09:58 PM   #15
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you think anyone out there will hang their dirty linens for all to see?
Old 25 May 2024, 10:05 PM   #16
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Do you think anyone out there will hang their dirty linens for all to see?
What I think is that anyone who accuses a dealer of fraud should either have the evidence to prove it or stop wasting bandwidth.

How much of this nonsense is projection? As in: "I'd do it if I could get away with it, so therefore everyone would".
Old 25 May 2024, 10:18 PM   #17
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
More likely imaginary hysteria like many things Rolex related today.
If only the hysteria was imaginary.
Old 25 May 2024, 10:20 PM   #18
Greg.A
"TRF" Member

I
Quote:
What I think is that anyone who accuses a dealer of fraud should either have the evidence to prove it or stop wasting bandwidth.

How much of this nonsense is projection? As in: "I'd do it if I could get away with it, so therefore everyone would".
Seems like you have a problem reading, which part of my sentence is accusing any specific dealer of fraud? I have seen enough throughout my years of watch collecting and my intention is just to let people know that there are people out there who can do anything to increase the value/sell their watch, be it swap dial, change bezel etc.
Old 25 May 2024, 10:36 PM   #19
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Quote:
It is all about the seller and where you got the watch. I have not seen a Sky-Dweller fake that even comes close though.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 11:19 PM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I think the OP is saying that his watch came with the older green rectangular model tag, that preceded the white model tag, which would concern me, if the watch is supposed to be from 2023. Since these tags all originate from Rolex, any newer model tags should be white. Green has not been used since 2016. I have seen the green ones pictured, on the web, recently, with fake Rolexes, though. The other possibility is that it is NOS, and was manufactured pre - 2016. The Skydweller has been around since 2012.
If your watch came with this: instead of this: something is very wrong.

Kat

That’s how I read it too Kat.

OP are you referring to the round green chronometer tag or the rectangular tag as in Kat’s post?
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:52 AM   #21
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
My take on the OP’s original question has nothing to do with the tag. The Skydweller is Rolex’s most complicated movement and in the big picture not sold in huge numbers. I’m a little doubtful that there are any remotely passable fakes out there for this model.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 12:11 PM   #22
KatGirl

I wish the OP would resurface, and give us more info, so we could better assist him. He said “green model tag”. The round green plastic hang tag is not the model tag, and they were green, before Rolex changed them to white, in 2016. Hence, my concerns, since his watch is from 2023. Also, there are super clones of the Skydweller out there.

Kat

Old 26 May 2024, 06:36 PM   #23
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I

Seems like you have a problem reading, which part of my sentence is accusing any specific dealer of fraud? I have seen enough throughout my years of watch collecting and my intention is just to let people know that there are people out there who can do anything to increase the value/sell their watch, be it swap dial, change bezel etc.
Hair splitting won't get it done. Name these people who you aledge will do anything to con buyers. You'll be doing everyone a favour because we can avoid them. And of course, if they see it they will have the opportunity to challenge you if grounds exist for them to do so. Fairness all round.
Old 26 May 2024, 08:12 PM   #24
Offshore
"TRF" Member

I've just checked what came with my watch which was bought new from an AD in 2022.

Behind back panel - 4 items

1. Green manual / instructions for the specific model.
2. Green leather double sided pouch containing:
3. Green booklet stating guarantee in multiple languages and worldwide service centre locations. No watch specific or identifying numbers in this booklet.
4. Guarantee card (green, lol) with model number, serial number plus hand written date of purchase on a white CC type strip.

Also in the box, in my case under the watch cushion.

White rectangular tag with green string. Rolex on one side. Serial number, model number (with an additional number, perhaps dial identifier) and the word Oyster on the other.
Green tag with green and gold braided, circular with indentations. Superlative certified & rolex hologram on one side. Rolex Geneve & logo on the other.

Also in the box is my original CC receipt and a link which was removed during fitting.

I'm not a watch nerd - in fact this was the first time I had examined the contents since buying the watch - but I kept everything.

Good luck!
Offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 09:55 PM   #25
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
I wish the OP would resurface, and give us more info, so we could better assist him. He said “green model tag”. The round green plastic hang tag is not the model tag, and they were green, before Rolex changed them to white, in 2016. Hence, my concerns, since his watch is from 2023. Also, there are super clones of the Skydweller out there.

Kat

Two posts and a new member … maybe he doesn’t spend as much time here as some of us
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote