The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 May 2024, 05:23 PM   #1
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
F.P. Journe Chronograph FB (LE 200 pcs)

https://monochrome-watches.com/intro...s-specs-price/

Introducing The F.P. Journe Chronograph FB, a Classic(ish) Hand-Wound Chrono and the Last of the Limited Editions

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of its Tokyo-based boutique, F.P. Journe now released the sixth watch in the Boutique Anniversaire Series, this new Chronograph FB. And, as we said at the begenning of this article, it’s not just a new colour and a new material applied to an existing watch. This is an entirely new model, which won’t be reproduced.

This Chronograph FB is, as all previous models in the commemorative collection, house in a polished grade 5 titanium case, with the classic design of the Souverain or Octa collection. It measures a pleasant 40mm in diameter, with a fairly thin profile of 10.40mm, including two sapphire crystals. As expected, both the crown and pushers are here made of 18k 6N gold. And the alligator strap is in the signature burgundy colour, closed by a gold folding clasp.

Equally important, this 200-piece limited and numbered edition is the last of the limited series that will be done by Journe. There won’t be watches in the future with engraved limited numbers on the back, and no more watches in fixed limited batches. This watches is the end of the Boutique Anniversaire Series as well all other limited series. Available from the brand’s official salons, the F.P. Journe Chronograph FB will be priced at CHF 90,000 (excl. taxes).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20240526_152027_(850_x_900_pixel).jpg (190.7 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20240526_152017_(850_x_900_pixel).jpg (275.5 KB, 692 views)
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 05:24 PM   #2
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

I love this one, but I understand from my AD this is only available at the Tokyo Boutique.
Old 26 May 2024, 05:49 PM   #3
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Looks amazing. Wish more brands would do thinner chronographs. The gold crown with titanium case is a nice combo
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 07:19 PM   #4
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Here are som quick snaps I took at the event. The event was a very happy one, it was awesome to meet the man himself finally, and ofcourse to do an obligatory wrist shot as well. I was able to ask him some questions like if there will be another version of the Chronometre Optimum and he said no, it was as good as it can get and probably the watch he would wear for himself. During the event Journe was ofcourse test driving the new chronograph. The chronograph is an adaptation of the rattrapante chronograph that already exists, downgraded (yes the BMs words) into a flyback chrono. I was told there was also the option to have it on a titanium bracelet with a gold buckle but the price will be around $30,000 on top of the MSRP of the strap one.

He was also gracious enough to sign my book as well :) The sushi bar was also a nice surprise and of very high quality. Finally above anything else, it was great to be able to reconnect with other passionate FP Journe collectors and talk about anything and everything Journe.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 09:03 PM   #5
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
Here are som quick snaps I took at the event. The event was a very happy one, it was awesome to meet the man himself finally, and ofcourse to do an obligatory wrist shot as well.
Thanks for sharing! This looks like an awesome event.

Would you know if all the 200 pcs have been allocated? I just went there in April but if they are still available I would happily fly there again.
Old 26 May 2024, 09:21 PM   #6
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Thanks for sharing! This looks like an awesome event.

Would you know if all the 200 pcs are allocated? I just went there in April but if they are still available I would happily fly there again.
Best is to email the boutique and ask. Im pretty sure its not "sold out" per se but they are selective about the clientele.

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 10:04 PM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Love it. Always wished my split was a 60 min counter or more. I honestly have been turned off further high end chrono additions because I feel 12 hour chronos are flat out superior for the types of uses I encounter.
Old 26 May 2024, 10:32 PM   #8
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Very nice.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:43 PM   #9
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Old 27 May 2024, 12:00 AM   #10
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Fantastic. So many special details in this one.

Would be a great piece for any collection

Very impressed how the date has been added so cleanly to the dial.
(Date on a chrono is typically a no go but this one maybe the exception)
Old 27 May 2024, 03:40 AM   #11
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

It's an application piece according to my boutique.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 04:25 AM   #12
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Fantastic. So many special details in this one.

Would be a great piece for any collection

Very impressed how the date has been added so cleanly to the dial.
(Date on a chrono is typically a no go but this one maybe the exception)
Agreed. The matching wheels etc are very nice
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 05:11 AM   #13
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here are som quick snaps I took at the event. The event was a very happy one, it was awesome to meet the man himself finally, and ofcourse to do an obligatory wrist shot as well. I was able to ask him some questions like if there will be another version of the Chronometre Optimum and he said no, it was as good as it can get and probably the watch he would wear for himself. During the event Journe was ofcourse test driving the new chronograph. The chronograph is an adaptation of the rattrapante chronograph that already exists, downgraded (yes the BMs words) into a flyback chrono. I was told there was also the option to have it on a titanium bracelet with a gold buckle but the price will be around $30,000 on top of the MSRP of the strap one.

He was also gracious enough to sign my book as well :) The sushi bar was also a nice surprise and of very high quality. Finally above anything else, it was great to be able to reconnect with other passionate FP Journe collectors and talk about anything and everything Journe.

I heard the cake was not touched?

And so glad to hear that the CO is the final and best version of it. So happy to have joined the club.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 04:48 PM   #14
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

30k for a titanium bracelet..... The Platinum bracelet sounds like a bargain

ARS 2 non precious metal feel like a bargain now.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 09:06 PM   #15
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Awesome. The architecture of the movement is gorgeous. It looks like a love child born from a Chronometer Souverain and a Valjoux 72
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 10:09 PM   #16
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Beautiful! Really loving the FP designs as of late. Maybe a future purchase in the works, as expanding beyond Rolex recently, has been enlightening for me.
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2024, 01:16 AM   #17
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
30k for a titanium bracelet..... The Platinum bracelet sounds like a bargain

ARS 2 non precious metal feel like a bargain now.

So this has a different titanium bracelet from the CMS/ARS2?

$30k is the same price as a platinum bracelet for the classic line. It does make the pt bracelet a bargain. But it is still a bargain compares to the GF titanium bracelet for the Balancier.
Old 28 May 2024, 01:30 AM   #18
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 14060A
Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
So this has a different titanium bracelet from the CMS/ARS2?
Yes, it would look just like the ones for the Classique line.

Quote:
$30k is the same price as a platinum bracelet for the classic line. It does make the pt bracelet a bargain. But it is still a bargain compares to the GF titanium bracelet for the Balancier.
I doubt it. Two years ago I inquired about a bracelet for my platinum CO and was quoted $59k. Surely it must be even more now.
Attached Images
File Type: png FPJ-Co-Souveraine-ChronoOptimum-Plat-G-G.png (209.0 KB, 462 views)
F131F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2024, 01:38 AM   #19
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F131F View Post

I doubt it. Two years ago I inquired about a bracelet for my platinum CO and was quoted $59k. Surely it must be even more now.

I think you are correct. Not sure why I got $30k stuck in my mind. I inquired about a month ago and was told the manufacture actually has no capacity for the bracelet at the time. What does that really mean?

It will be so much better if it is easier to swap straps with bracelet.
Old 28 May 2024, 01:44 AM   #20
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think you are correct. Not sure why I got $30k stuck in my mind. I inquired about a month ago and was told the manufacture actually has no capacity for the bracelet at the time. What does that really mean?
It only means that they are too busy to provide "spare" bracelets. Especially because the watch has to go to Geneva to be outfitted.

Quote:
It will be so much better if it is easier to swap straps with bracelet.
Exactly! Also, once the bracelet is on, you cannot remove it without sending the watch back to them.
Old 28 May 2024, 02:16 AM   #21
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It only means that they are too busy to provide "spare" bracelets. Especially because the watch has to go to Geneva to be outfitted.

Exactly! Also, once the bracelet is on, you cannot remove it without sending the watch back to them.

I was going to get one bracelet and share among different pieces due to cost. But it does not seem practical since this will mean that I will potentially have two pieces out of rotation for months. I guess I will stick with straps and just switched straps.

I am someone who could not even swap the deployant buckle. The last time I tried, it costed me $800 for the repair. 🥹
Old 28 May 2024, 06:12 AM   #22
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:

I thought that was the selling point for the Platinum or the gold bracelet. It can move from watch to watch. If It could only be done by sending it to Boutique. It's probably not the most practical solution.

Old 28 May 2024, 06:16 AM   #23
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I thought that was the selling point for the Platinum or the gold bracelet. It can move from watch to watch. If It could only be done by sending it to Boutique. It's probably not the most practical solution unless

I was told that only Geneva can do the bracelet change. They cannot even do it at the Miami HQ.
Old 28 May 2024, 06:18 AM   #24
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I also heard the 59k for the Platinum bracelet. Does anyone know what the weight of the bracelet?

I remember trying out a Rattrapante in Platinum and it was definitely not a lightweight.

Old 28 May 2024, 06:22 AM   #25
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was told that only Geneva can do the bracelet change. They cannot even do it at the Miami HQ.
I have seen a number of people that has Platinum bracelet on multiple FPJ... are you telling me they own multiple Platinum bracelet

Old 28 May 2024, 06:22 AM   #26
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I thought that was the selling point for the Platinum or the gold bracelet. It can move from watch to watch. If It could only be done by sending it to Boutique. It's probably not the most practical solution.
It's not at all practical and may even be much more costly than just the price of the bracelet. Stick to straps as you have many options from within Journe or aftermarket.
Old 28 May 2024, 06:24 AM   #27
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
This is correct.
Old 28 May 2024, 06:26 AM   #28
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have seen a number of people that has Platinum bracelet on multiple FPJ... are you telling me they own multiple Platinum bracelet
Well, if one has more than one watch on a bracelet, they have more than one bracelet...
Old 28 May 2024, 06:41 AM   #29
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, if one has more than one watch on a bracelet, they have more than one bracelet...
Someone involved with Journe made the comments to me a while back. It never made sense until today. The person told me "that owning Platinum bracelet is a big Flex within FPJ collectors"

Had no idea of the rarity and the cost associated in owning them.

Old 28 May 2024, 03:51 PM   #30
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

So I emailed Tokyo Boutique in my broken Japanese and below is the response:

Thank you for your interest in the Tokyo Boutique’s 20th Anniversary Model.

This is a very special model and we have received many requests to purchase it.

Unfortunately, we cannot introduce this product to anyone other than those who are already customers of the Tokyo Boutique.

If you would like to tour our boutique, we would be happy to accommodate you.

We apologize, but please note that there are currently no watches available for immediate purchase.