The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2024, 08:41 PM   #1
azmousss
"TRF" Member

Local AD cares about flipping (switzerland)

i bought a rolex in switzerland from private swiss seller and took the watch to the AD where it was from - was written on card - 2018.
AD was very kind to check the watch and confirmed all was in order.
they did ask how much i paid and did i tell the seller i was coming here. i said yes i did tell them i would bring it to the AD to check authenticity etc.
they said they were on waitlist for 2 watches and are a good client however they would have to wait a little longer for their watches as they were disappointed they sold the 2018 "so soon". they were due pepsi this year.
just relaying the experience and what was told.

oh paid about 25% above retail.
azmousss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 08:48 PM   #2
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
"So soon"? 6 years?
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 08:56 PM   #3
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
"So soon"? 6 years?
Quite so. I don't see how this could be classified as flipping but then again, I don't live in Switzerland.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 09:20 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmousss View Post
i bought a rolex in switzerland from private swiss seller and took the watch to the AD where it was from - was written on card - 2018.
they did ask how much i paid and did i tell the seller i was coming here. i said yes i did tell them i would bring it to the AD to check authenticity etc.
they said they were on waitlist for 2 watches and are a good client however they would have to wait a little longer for their watches as they were disappointed they sold the 2018 "so soon". they were due pepsi this year.

Then ask yourself why there are many Daytona watches on the grey market, do these come from so called AD relationship VIP clients. As according to many on forum you got to spend a zillion to get these so called VIP watches. Or do some think that ADs sell out of the back door thus risking there business and livelihood. But doubt if this is reality as according to some on forum you got to spend a zillion to even get one. So sure AD would sooner have a zillion in trade business than sell any so called VIP watch out the back door. But once you buy any item its your property and you can do whatever you want to do with it.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 09:28 PM   #5
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Once bought that watch is yours to do what you want with it. The AD may think differently about it but you don’t need permission to sell your own items and for me 6 years is fine.
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 09:36 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
"So soon"? 6 years?
Right?
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 09:57 PM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
The only people left still living in 2021 are the ADs.
Old 26 May 2024, 10:18 PM   #8
GoGetter5832
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 / OP41
So they are a “good client” and the AD is going to be petty and push back their wait time? The client could be selling you their watch to help pay for the next one from the AD. This is the type of AD who completely overthinks and fits the stereotype of the whole game of purchasing these timepieces. Stories like these make me so appreciative of the AD I purchase through.
Old 26 May 2024, 10:24 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
So the AD says.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 10:26 PM   #10
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Six days, yes a flipper. Six years, I think not. Just more AD bull$hit.

Thanks for telling us but I’d also let the seller know what the AD said.
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 10:28 PM   #11
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:

Selling a watch after 6 years is not ‘flipping’.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 10:56 PM   #12
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Not flipping, they are looking for an excuse to burn this client and may have already blacklisted them. Very sad, but this does not surprise me, if it was a Patek it would be worse.
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:18 PM   #13
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
SO whats the point of the Rolex CPO program set at 3 years then??? Rolex knows how to play both sides of the fence. When they are profiting, they see no issue trading in a watch after 3 years. However when you profit, they punish you, how manipulative. AND its also okay for Rolex to sell watches to dealers who are in the business of reselling. Rolex also knows how to limit the supply of high demand watches. Look at how many limited runs and low production models exist. Rolex clearly knows the resale value of their watches. Rolex is a master manipulator on both the retail and production end. I love Rolex and I love a free market. But playing both sides of the fence is not a good look. Dont punish your customers for selling a watch after 6 years.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:20 PM   #14
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

How did the private Swiss seller get the watch in the first place? Flipper or backdoor from the AD?

Either way, the AD is complicit….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laine V38 SS - JLC Reverso Duo Q2714910 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 SS - Baltic Aquascaphe SS
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:26 PM   #15
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

6 years is quite a long time. But that AD decides who gets what and when. No Pepsi for him I guess. Considering the age of the watch, the seller could have inquired about that dealer buying it and putting it in the CPO program. Maybe that is what they prefer. Wonder how much they would have offered.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:30 PM   #16
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996marty View Post
Once bought that watch is yours to do what you want with it. The AD may think differently about it but you don’t need permission to sell your own items and for me 6 years is fine.
If one is done with watches yes that’s true but if you want more from that AD apparently you have to play their game. 6 years is ridiculous!
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:34 PM   #17
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What was the Rolex model?
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:36 PM   #18
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
This thread sheds light on a frequently asked question here. Will my AD find out if I sell my watch. Most answer no. Point of fact buyers, of used Rolex watches often will contact the selling AD to authenticate the watch, as happened here. Thankfully, the new warranty cards do not give the AD info out, so the chances of this are now greatly reduced. Buyers now have to go directly to Rolex for authentication.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:46 PM   #19
IGY
"TRF" Member

Six years? This seems to be a little bit over the top from the AD concerned.
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 01:19 AM   #20
Snowballs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Must be more to this saga pertaining to the client and waitlist.
Old 27 May 2024, 01:39 AM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
This thread sheds light on a frequently asked question here. Will my AD find out if I sell my watch. Most answer no. Point of fact buyers, of used Rolex watches often will contact the selling AD to authenticate the watch, as happened here.
My AD also scans online sales. The first sweeps might be time consuming but it soon becomes easy to spot new offers. I don't suppose it is 100% comprehensive although on one of my occasional AD visits they told me how they positively identified one customer who put his Sub up for sale the week after he bought it. He was listed for two more desirable Rolex watches which he never got from them but he was welcome to keep visiting and spending.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 02:02 AM   #22
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It’s not that the AD didn’t want the client to sell his watch. They just want him to sell it back to them. That would have gotten him the Pepsi sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 02:06 AM   #23
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
I read this as AD posturing. 6 years isn’t flipping.
Old 27 May 2024, 02:23 AM   #24
Right
Banned

The AD talked about the client and his future wait time with you? Not buying it and if they did then the client should contact Rolex about the lack of professional and respect for privacy.
Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 02:27 AM   #25
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:

That is not flipping! This particular AD has unreasonable expectations of his clients. The seller was probably making sure he had the funds for the watch he was expecting next, which he obviously preferred more than the one he sold. What a ridiculous scenario.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 02:29 AM   #26
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Actually, the private seller waited too long if he was in it just to maximize return, he’s a year past the peak.
Old 27 May 2024, 02:38 AM   #27
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
My AD also scans online sales. The first sweeps might be time consuming but it soon becomes easy to spot new offers. I don't suppose it is 100% comprehensive although on one of my occasional AD visits they told me how they positively identified one customer who put his Sub up for sale the week after he bought it. He was listed for two more desirable Rolex watches which he never got from them but he was welcome to keep visiting and spending.
They don’t have watches to sell, got so much free time to do online searches
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 03:36 AM   #28
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
That's definitely not flipping, especially after the warranty has expired. I think that AD in particular is trying to exert too much control. They want you to dance to their tune even years later. That AD is out of control I say.

Curious if the OP would share what reference Rolex that was?
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2024, 03:47 AM   #29
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlx123 View Post
It’s not that the AD didn’t want the client to sell his watch. They just want him to sell it back to them. That would have gotten him the Pepsi sooner.
Yep, only this
Old 27 May 2024, 05:08 AM   #30
RAB321
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
<snip> Maybe that is what they prefer. Wonder how much they would have offered.
Certainly NOT 25% over retail
RAB321 is offline   Reply With Quote