The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 31 May 2009, 04:47 AM   #31
chris1973

Daytona for sale

Hi,

Is it a black or white face? How much do want for it?

Cheers,

Chris
chris1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 08:27 AM   #32
watchcrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer II cream
that 6263 is one nice watch. on my wish list forever....congrats. m
watchcrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2009, 09:34 PM   #33
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztimelord View Post
Look a bit closer and you will notice that the cases are quite different. Hard to photograph but check it out at an AD.
The bezels are a dead giveaway also Nice pics
Old 6 June 2009, 06:45 AM   #34
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I love that collection!!!
dardeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2009, 12:18 AM   #35
JToddH

Oz, I love the way you point out the feeling of being contacted by your AD. After sporting my SS Sub for 7 years, my AD knew I lusted for the SSD. A couple of months ago (and quite unexpectedly), I received a call from him. What was most striking was his tone, almost as if he felt silly to ask, "are you still interested in the SS Daytona?"
Needless to say, it sent chills down my spine. His timing could not have been more perfect.
The changing of the guard will occur next March when I come home on leave from Afghanistan. I will then officially retire my Sub after three combat tours. I plan to wear my SS Daytona for the remainder of my tour and my Sub will take its place as a family heirloom to one day pass to my son. My SSD will then become my "daily driver."
JToddH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2009, 03:13 PM   #36
rhryanhudson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztimelord View Post
The mystical Daytona aura has further secured its grip on my heart and soul. After a long drought (about 10 months) I finally got my second and definitely last brand new SS 116520 Daytona. I was at work when I got the surprise email from my AD. Your heart starts pounding faster, priorities change and the hasty walk up to the AD’s shop takes a mere instant. Wish I had the camera to take a shot of my big grin when I placed it on my wrist. All my work colleagues believe I’m watch crazy and this behaviour must confirm it LOL. That said, the passion for watches is very infectious.

I’m still trying to figure out why I sold it the first time, guess it was a guilt response after I bought the Patek 5100J. One gets to appreciate things more the second time round. The 116520 now forms an essential part of my rapidly growing Daytona collection.

I consider each watch in the trio to have very different personalities.

The 6263 is the patriarch of the collection, possibly one of the most striking dial combinations, with each angle revealing another reflective mystery to the eye. The wonders of the Valjoux 727 movement are clearly from another era.

The 116509 by contrast, I believe is the most progressive in the collection. This wondrous dial must clearly be branded as a modern ‘exotic’. I feel that the WG version is more sporty and great to wear on sunny weekends. Another differentiator is its heft.

Of particular interest is difference in the cases when you place the SS and WG side by side.

I think the SS Daytona looks more sedate and conservative when compared to the 116509 WG. The 116520 is a very practical daily wearer. A perfect work companion that complements suave business attire without any pretence. Only another fellow collector would ever appreciate its true significance in horological lore. When noticed on my wrist by the layperson, its seductive lines will often command a discreet second peek.

Naturally only a Daytona zealot will empathise with my assertion that while all three are from the same family they are quite different watches.

A Zenith Daytona is surely the next logical target, however before I can entertain that thought, I need to wage war on the mounting credit card bills. Surely a project for 2009.
Amazing collection!
Rolex Daytona Watches are the fastest selling watches worldwide because of their unparalleled quality and endurance.
rhryanhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2009, 10:23 AM   #37
joelc87
"TRF" Member

Nice to know I've made a good investment. Just got my white face 116520.
joelc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2009, 11:50 AM   #38
Blueoctopus007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 16600
Great watch !!!!!
Blueoctopus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2009, 02:04 AM   #39
tthopp05

Watch: THE MIGHTY DEEPSEA
Yes indeed.
tthopp05 is offline   Reply With Quote