The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 21 November 2009, 12:27 AM   #1
langdalematt

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Panerai 213

Ok guy's I know I will get slaughtered for this, but I just picked up a K serial piece and god do I love it. I also only paid £4500.00 for it or 7k usd ish. The stupid question I have, is what the heck is the third button on the left for? It does not appear to do anything when I press it. The ones on the right naturally operate the stopwatch, but until I am shipped the box and manuals I have no idea what the other one does. Please fill me in.

Thanks,
langdalematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 01:08 AM   #2
RedBaronF2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
Ok guy's I know I will get slaughtered for this, but I just picked up a K serial piece and god do I love it. I also only paid £4500.00 for it or 7k usd ish. The stupid question I have, is what the heck is the third button on the left for? It does not appear to do anything when I press it. The ones on the right naturally operate the stopwatch, but until I am shipped the box and manuals I have no idea what the other one does. Please fill me in.

Thanks,
You have a rattrapante or "split-seconds" feature on that watch. The third pusher works while the first chronograph hand is moving to stop that hand and start a second chronograph hand.

More here:

http://basepath.com/watches/Flyback-Rattrapante.htm
RedBaronF2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 01:54 AM   #3
langdalematt

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Thanks just tried it and can see why now. Much appreciated. I know these watches are not held in that high esteem by all, it really is stunning and the carbon leather strap is something else
langdalematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 02:04 AM   #4
RedBaronF2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
I know these watches are not held in that high esteem by all, it really is stunning and the carbon leather strap is something else
Who says they are not held in high esteem? You have a 1950s cased Rattrapante Panerai - sounds awesome to me. Enjoy it and who cares what others think
RedBaronF2001 is offline   Reply With Quote