The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 January 2010, 12:20 PM   #61
forza1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
Are you running vista on a macbook? Seems like a bit of a waste to me, unless your job restricts your OS choices.
Have you ever heard of dual boot buddy? I use Windows 7 for work and osx for home use.
PAM Black Seal 183
Omega SS Triple Date
TW Steel CEO
forza1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 12:23 PM   #62
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
I recently returned from travelling and on route picked up the Omega PO (black..large)...and have been wearing it for the past week. When I got home I was eager to get to my safe and the Rolex's within. I had missed the GMT2c...and put it on. BUT it suddenly felt miniscule Don't get me wrong I love it but I craved a bigger watch. I then got to my PAM104 and that did the trick.

I have since panicked as every time I put on one of my beautiful Rolex's I put it back in the safe and wear the Omega or PAM.

So...probably a phase..and I will again come back to the smaller watch...but I am suddenly not wearing a Rolex

I know that I must go with what I feel...and wear what I feel...and that that will change...but as this is a new feeling and I have a considerable Rolex investment I am anxious.

Has this or something similar happened to anyone here?

Your input would be interesting and useful on this point. The benefits of having a few watches is you have "mood" choice...but now it's just about size...I mean I'm already thinking about the IWC big pilot as my next watch .....

Help....!!!!

I don't have that problem. I have a few jumbo-sized G-Shocks that dwarf my Rolex's, and it always feels great to go back to Rolex after wearing the G's. I think you'll probably get over it and gravitate back to your Rollies.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 12:28 PM   #63
Speed
"TRF" Member

I think I am going to order a 42mm SEIKO Orange Monster tonight...Put it on a Black Zulu or NATO...just for fun.

I just realized...I don't have any Orange-Dialed watches!!! They are all black. Gotta mix it up until I can afford that White Dial Daytona!
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 12:28 PM   #64
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirotti View Post
This is the perfect Rolex....for me.
Fixed.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 03:43 PM   #65
Green Arrow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcandle View Post
I wore a Breitling Super Avenger prior to my Deepsea. And let me tell you, putting on the DSSD for the first time I thought it looked too small. Then it occured to me that the SA was too large.

I went the exact opposite way. Sold the Deepsea because the dial was far too small for the size of the watch and bought the Breitling Super Avenger with the blue dial.

However, I'm giving a lot of thought to the new Sub Ceramic, and the primary consideration holding me back is whether it is too small....

oh, and the price, but I'm expecting it to come out in SS.
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 04:08 PM   #66
doubleofeverything

Good subject. From what I've read on TRF so far, most of the members have a collection of watches and so the variations must be quite interesting.

For me personally, I work in an office and choose the watch of the day according to my attire. So a bigger watch like a Pam or Omega PO goes well with something more causal - chinos, rolled-up sleeve shirt and loafers.

When I have to visit customers, and hence a little more formality is required a Rolex with it's 40mm dial is just right. So would be a leather strap IWC Portugese (39mm) or a Franck Muller Cintree Curvex.

I enjoy the rotation of my watches on a day to day basis, but I must say my GMTII is the definitive 'everyday' watch - whether for something formal, or outdoors.

Hence, in my humble opinion while the big watches are here to stay - the quintessential watch size is still Rolex's iconic 40mm or 41mm world beaters!:t humbsup:
doubleofeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 07:42 PM   #67
gmtobsessed
"TRF" Member

Yep, I'm exactly in your position
after wearing my PAM.
gmtobsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 10:08 PM   #68
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
great posts here...seems this is quite a common feeling. Today I wore my PAM104....tomorrow I already plan to wear the PO....

I have a feeling I will gravitate back to the Rolex's....I also think that I have been wearing more "casual" wear lately....and the bigger watches do look better with jeans and a short sleeved shirt....perhaps it has something to do with summer kicking in (for us on this side of the planet)...who knows!

I must confess that I did go and look at the IWC Big Pilot...and the DSSD....but (Karis taking your advice) there will be no flipping....I will play out the "bigger" watch desire and let myself get over it!!

In terms of pulling off big watches or not as has been commented on....I pull them off just fine thanks It's not whether it's a fad or fashionable or not...it's what "I like" and at the moment..it's what I like!!!

As for the references to American Idol...

oh...and I saw a TT Blue Sub ceramic today in the wild....and I thought of mine with affection....all locked up at home. Looked great....but the PO will have precedence for a while I think!

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2010, 10:19 PM   #69
robrobin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi Rolex GMT
I move back and forth between sizes. Some days the Panerai watches look too clunky and the DSSD doesn't sit right. Lately I've spent time with my old Seadweller, GMT and a vintage sub. It takes very little effort to wear the 40mm watches. I have a 7 3/4" wrist so they all seems to fit, at least up to about 48mm....then my wrist starts to hurt! So, following the earlier suggestion, wear the GMT for a few days and it will look/feel normal.
robrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 12:01 AM   #70
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobin View Post
I move back and forth between sizes. Some days the Panerai watches look too clunky and the DSSD doesn't sit right. Lately I've spent time with my old Seadweller, GMT and a vintage sub. It takes very little effort to wear the 40mm watches. I have a 7 3/4" wrist so they all seems to fit, at least up to about 48mm....then my wrist starts to hurt! So, following the earlier suggestion, wear the GMT for a few days and it will look/feel normal.
yup....makes sense....but I have a feeling I'll tire of the PO and PAM soon enough...at least that's what I hope
I think the advice about rotating less often is a good one.....I switch way too much currently - if I moved through each watch weekly that would be a 2 month cycle before I saw a watch again....2 weeks and that's 4 months...

BUT then again I was away for 5 weeks without most of my watches....took the Sub LV...bought the Omega PO...and now I don't want to wear any of the watches I left at home apart from the bigger PAM.....that's the worry

Time will tell.....

"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 20 January 2010, 12:04 AM   #71
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
Quote:
I recently returned from travelling and on route picked up the Omega PO (black..large)...and have been wearing it for the past week. When I got home I was eager to get to my safe and the Rolex's within. I had missed the GMT2c...and put it on. BUT it suddenly felt miniscule Don't get me wrong I love it but I craved a bigger watch. I then got to my PAM104 and that did the trick.

I have since panicked as every time I put on one of my beautiful Rolex's I put it back in the safe and wear the Omega or PAM.

So...probably a phase..and I will again come back to the smaller watch...but I am suddenly not wearing a Rolex

I know that I must go with what I feel...and wear what I feel...and that that will change...but as this is a new feeling and I have a considerable Rolex investment I am anxious.

Has this or something similar happened to anyone here?

Your input would be interesting and useful on this point. The benefits of having a few watches is you have "mood" choice...but now it's just about size...I mean I'm already thinking about the IWC big pilot as my next watch .....

Help....!!!!
Relax...It's happened to me too.
Trurolexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 12:12 AM   #72
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trurolexer View Post
I know...that's why I'm scared...look at what you have collected...my poor Rolex's

Old 20 January 2010, 12:21 AM   #73
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trurolexer View Post
Yep, TR's signature says it all

Cheers
Old 20 January 2010, 12:37 AM   #74
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
Yep, TR's signature says it all

Cheers

Old 20 January 2010, 01:18 AM   #75
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Quote:
what do I do with the other Rolex's Jeff?????
d, i will do you a huge favour, i will PM you my addy and you can send your Rolexes my way. i think i can find a few spots in my watch box to accommodate them. NO PROBLEMS, im here to help

anyway, back to the topic, imo, you are probably going through a phase, and as long as you can pull off wearing a large-ish watch, by all means go for it. one thing i cant stand is seeing a large-ish watch on a tiny wrist and the owner is trying to justify how it should look okay on his/her tiny wrist.

is there a possibility for you to post somewrist shots of your rollies and other large-ish watches?
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 01:25 AM   #76
N_Swe
"TRF" Member

I have too had larger watches (PO 42mm among them), and it took a while before I got used to Rolex 40mm. But when I did - the >40mm watches looked oversized.

Nowadays I think that oversized watches look cheap - look at nearest fashionstore - they all have "panerai 50mm-size". And that is NOT classy.
N_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote