The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 22 January 2010, 08:23 AM   #1
CaveDiver
"TRF" Member

Help With: USA C&I version of 7206 Bracelet Clasp Spring Bar

Help With: USA C&I version of 7206 Bracelet Clasp Spring Bar

What size and type spring bar fits the clasp of a C&I version 7206 bracelet? What are the chances of a standerd jeweler having the spring bar?

I remember when I got the watch in November adjusting the clasp to the smallest setting and the spring bar looked old. So today I took it off to check the state of the spring bar, ohh I guess it is not doing so well as one end popped off and the spring came out. The other side is frozen and does not compress. It looks like it has never been replaced before. I wonder why Rolex did not replace it when it was serviced in 95?

At first I thought the end piece broke off from the corrosion but it appears that is just a nipple that sits in the middle of the spring. I crimped the shaft a little to hold it in place.
However, I need a new clasp spring bar.. Thanks

CaveDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Nicko
Banned

Hmmmm, not you got me wondering if m C&I will be doing the same thing? I haven't had a chance to play around with it cuz as you know my watch was mailed from the far ends of the earth and had taken the pony express to get to me here in Spain, so it should be here sometime before my 16610 becomes a vintage piece!
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2010, 11:28 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I don't have an absolute answer.... but if it was last serviced in '95 - that was 15 years ago - this one could have been new back then..

clasp spiring-bars are different from those that hold the bracelet to the case... they have a very short nipple at the end and have enough shoulder so the nipple doesn't just go through and the other end falls out...

These same type of springbar are used to hold buckles on at the end of straps so if you have a strap with a 16mm buckle, you may be able to get it back together until you find the right part number....

About any watchmaker... even the guys at the mall, probably have a springbar for you...... This doesn't require some super/hyper/overpriced Rolex branded part...
Old 24 January 2010, 08:32 AM   #4
theken
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
I experienced the same problem this week with the clasp on a P series GMT2 bracelet. I tried numerous short springs bars I had at home but the nipple was too long and protruded through the holes in the clasp.
My local AD has Rolex spring bars in stock. He sold me a new one for $6. I think the Rolex spring bars are made of stainless steel, that may not be the case with the spring bars sold at the mall watch kiosk.
theken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2010, 01:07 AM   #5
CaveDiver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theken View Post
I experienced the same problem this week with the clasp on a P series GMT2 bracelet. I tried numerous short springs bars I had at home but the nipple was too long and protruded through the holes in the clasp.
My local AD has Rolex spring bars in stock. He sold me a new one for $6. I think the Rolex spring bars are made of stainless steel, that may not be the case with the spring bars sold at the mall watch kiosk.
Thanks,
I went to a local jeweler (not an AD because I don’t thing the AD close by has anything. I don’t even see a jeweler’s bar/desk). The local jeweler was quite nice and they sold me a spring bar for the clasp for $6US. It seems to fit well and appears to be stainless steel. I should have asked the Dallas RCS for some bars of various kinds when I was there but I got so frustrated with them I forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
but if it was last serviced in '95 - that was 15 years ago - this one could have been new back then..
About any watchmaker... even the guys at the mall, probably have a springbar for you...... This doesn't require some super/hyper/overpriced Rolex branded part...
Thanks Tools, Local jeweler was able to set me up
I do not understand why RSC NY did not replace it when it went in for service. The watch went unworn after 95, so no way did it look any better than it did when I removed it.
CaveDiver is offline   Reply With Quote