The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 September 2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Lol-x
Facilitator

Beware of FedEx Documentation.......

It is important in the shipping of an item that you get a tracking number.

As a buyer a situation arose where a seller claimed he had sent me a parcel.

The tracking number is useful to confirm that there is a parcel in the system. It may not be confirmation of the contents but it is nonetheless a method by which one can trace a parcel which a seller claims he has sent.

FedEx use 12 and sometimes 11 digit tracking numbers in their worldwide parcel service.

When attending FedEx facility or FedEx take delivery of a parcel an AirWay Bill is issued with a tracking number. The Airway Bill has a 12 or 11 digit number which is printed in the lower right hand corner of the document.

Below are true copies of genuine FedEx AirWay Bills.
TrueFedEX1.jpg

Close up of bottom right hand corner:
TrueFedEX2.jpg

Note the number in the bottom right hand corner is 12 digits.

When a parcel is accepted by FedEx they enter the airway bill into their system. People with FedEx accounts can also notify FedEx of a parcel and activate the tracking number into the tracking system even before the parcel has be received by FedEx.

I experienced a situation where the seller claimed he had personally delivered the parcel to a FedEx facility. I sought the tracking number. The seller claimed that no tracking number had been issued. Instead he sent me the following AirWay Bill which he claimed FedEx had issued to him in person at the FedEx facility, and constituting evidence that he had sent the parcel.

FedExFake-1.jpg

It is important to note that this document purports to be a FedEx AirWay Bill and that it contains a 10 digit tracking number.

The quality is very poor but this is the way it was scanned and sent from the seller.

The xxx I have inserted there to protect personal information.

I sent the above document by email to FedEx on 2 separate occasions and the response given by each customer service officer was that the document 'was not an authentic FedEx document and that the 10 digit tracking number is not a proper tracking number.

Additionally one can see where indicated by the arrows below that the horizontal guide line for relevant customer entered information such as name and address has been deleted (whited out). Again this is recognized as a tell take sign that the AirWay Bill has been altered from the original name and address information.
This whiting out was identified by a friend who was heavily into e-bay scam activity detection several years ago.

FedExFake-2.jpg

The AirWay Bill as also submitted to a FedEx Investigations Officer and the response given was:

"this is not a valid shipment and the tracking number has been tampered with and the package does not exist."

One of the rules of our sales forum is that items must be in the physical possession of the seller at the time of a sale. If this were not so sellers may seek to sell items that they expect to receive, but due to some circumstance do not receive. This can lead to disputes, delays and ultimately unsatisfactory dealings.

The falsification of a shipping document is a serious matter and apart from anything else undermines the integrity of the seller and the confidence of the buyer in the seller.

Apart from the above stated irregularities this package (if it existed (which it didn't)) was never going to reach me as 2 digits from my telephone number were omitted, and the "street" address was also omitted from the AirWay Bill. There is no reasonable explanation for these documented anomalies either.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 07:38 PM   #2
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Oh gosh... Is this from who I think it is?
Old 9 September 2010, 07:41 PM   #3
TRW
Banned

Watch: 16623 YM
Thanks for the Heads Up Steve.
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 07:45 PM   #4
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Oh, yeah, and thanks for the heads up!
Old 9 September 2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
This fiasco is getting deeper and deeper by the minute?

Some answers are needed - can a person make so many 'mistakes' in a simple transaction??

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 09:10 PM   #6
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Thats good information Steve, I guess one never really goes into all of that detail until it matters and then often it appears to be too late.
mcjp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 09:16 PM   #7
Lol-x
Facilitator

Another point if you see the date at the top left, and bottom right it is in black ink as is the signature.
The date in the bottom right has and attempted change with a blue pen.
So the original handwriting on the AirBill was black, until it appears most of it was whited out and written over with a blue pen.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

Old 9 September 2010, 09:31 PM   #8
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
And I quote:

"Forgery is a type of fraud that carries many of the same penalties as counterfeiting because the three crimes often overlap.* The penalty for forgery can vary a great deal depending on many factors, like the severity of the crime, the extent of the crime and whether or not it was committed on a national level. In any case, it is imperative to contact a criminal lawyer to defend these types of cases.

Most forgery cases are tried on a state level using state-mandated penalties.* But forgery is also a federal offense, and in some circumstances the federal courts will try forgery cases."

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 10:04 PM   #9
Nicko
Banned

Steve, this is from who I know it is from...This is despicable, now that you have your money it's time to do the right thing and rid TRF of this vermin. What a nasty foul POS!
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 10:19 PM   #10
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Stevo , this was the remittence form / receipt and NOT the actual FedEx tracking document once it get processed as it never did get processed . It was that "FAKE" that Fedex called as they actually spotted that the address was not complete as their worldwide data base picked it up ! I was the one that told you the parceñ didn't leave , not fedex .
If there was foul play intended with the shipment from day one .. would it not be easier to sent a "brick" via Fedex ?
BASSETHOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 10:19 PM   #11
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
I have shipped 1000's of items using fed ex and never had a problem tracing an item.For people that have a fed ex account like myself you can do everything online and there is no airway bill like the one pictured above but it will be in fed ex system and you would see it online.If you use a 3rd party insurance like parcel pro with fed ex or ups its all done online.Everything should show up withing a few hours online after being dropped off and scanned in.If the address is wrong or something doesn't add up it doesn't let you proceed and the same goes for when you are at the counter when they are imputing it in there system. The only way this would happen is the sender filled out an airway bill and simply handed it to the counter person and left?

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2010, 10:19 PM   #12
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Steve, this is from who I know it is from...This is despicable, now that you have your money it's time to do the right thing and rid TRF of this vermin. What a nasty foul POS!
Who made you the resident Torquemada ?
Old 9 September 2010, 10:45 PM   #13
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
Stevo , this was the remittence form / receipt and NOT the actual FedEx tracking document once it get processed as it never did get processed . It was that "FAKE" that Fedex called as they actually spotted that the address was not complete as their worldwide data base picked it up ! I was the one that told you the parceñ didn't leave , not fedex .
If there was foul play intended with the shipment from day one .. would it not be easier to sent a "brick" via Fedex ?
Huh???
Old 9 September 2010, 10:46 PM   #14
Lol-x
Facilitator

Here's another sample FedEx Airway Bill.
Note the orange panel in the bottom right hand corner and the writing therein to track online.
Preceded by the 12 digit tracking number.

100716.jpg

Old 9 September 2010, 11:08 PM   #15
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Who made you the resident Torquemada ?
Lucky for you I'm not.
Old 9 September 2010, 11:37 PM   #16
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

The only thing valid at the time that I got the with the "Albaran" is the "recogida" number /code on the top right hand . All the rest will recopied on a computer and receive a full pledged airway bill with bar codes and become a full airway bill .
The document given to Stevo was a receipt of deposit with local / internal code QSA74 . At no time Stevo was told that this was the tracking number , I challenge him to come and say the contrary .. nothing more , Stevo was immediately informed that once again the parcel was blocked , but this time because of the address . NEVER was Stevo told that the parcel had a tracking number and it had left Fedex facilities .
It is clear that Stevo is convinced that I wanted to "steal" his money as he has written to me in several mails .
Now , that is of course his right , but now to start using a simple deposit / receipt as proof of that is a different matter .
One thing is sure his money has been returned in full and in the way he requested , late yes . Never even contested that , debacle ? of course , I'm I sorry ? Yes even more so then Stevo for getting into the deal to start with and not for the money that I lost through it but more so for all this hassle .
In every single mail I have stated that what ever happens I would assume full responsibility . I even wanted to sent the watch before going on holiday ( and the local fedex agent ) but Stevo insisted that I would NOT sent till full payment received . ( not saying to blame Stevo for anything )

Honestly so be it !
Old 9 September 2010, 11:47 PM   #17
Lol-x
Facilitator

This is what a FedEx Security Officer said (not me):

"this is not a valid shipment and the tracking number has been tampered with and the package does not exist."

Throughout this transaction there was delay after delay, excuse after excuse.

The problem is you can't send a watch when you don't have it in your possession..........

It was quite remarkable how even your bank account number given to me for the wire transfer was 2 digits short...

My telephone number was two digits short on the air bill and the air bill was 2 digits short too.

Just doesn't add up to me.

Old 10 September 2010, 12:27 AM   #18
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Steven ,
It would indeed be more then normal for a Fedex officer in Australia to say that the parcel does not exist when it does not get past control in Spain .
The delay was there , and your were informed of every step . I can assure you I would have doubted myself even more had anyone told me these things. If it was not the truth I would at least try and come up with something better .
The watch was in my possession , I only got it back last week and have been able to lay it off for a reasonable price to a dutch person
Very common practice of conmen to provide wrong bank account numbers .That would strengthen our resident Torquemada in his theories as to that respect .
I remember the original and the phone numbers last digits run over on the black and are after the scan not visible . Again .. this is only an Albaran , receipt of deposit and NOT has not got a airway bill number on it .

I will again publicly state that I'm very sorry , and I dare to say even more so then yourself for having gotten involved , for how all this was conducted .
The only thing I would like to say and ask : Please do not go turning things into what they are not . Again sorry for all this , can you really see where I could have had any benefit out of all this . Does this really appear to you as an intended fraud that didn't work out for me ? I believe you are well positioned to make an educated judgement . What are the odds really ?
We have had this run in , and we both know that this will always strain any further possible relation of any kind , but to insinuate that his has a "fraudulent" air about it ? No , I must object . This is not me and not the way I have been brought up . Times are harder and money certainly less affluent then it used to be for me , but from there to engage in what you seem to insinuate is still a very long way off .
I do not think that going further into this is going to be beneficial , I will let all members see and believe in it what they like .

Tell me what you want me to do , Steven ?
Old 10 September 2010, 12:34 AM   #19
HFLO
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1803 DD
the more I read about this thread and the other, it makes me feel so bad and saddddddd !
just can't believe that this is happening here in TRF

no matter how it eventually end, damaged is already done

...and I am so deeply hurt..
Old 10 September 2010, 12:46 AM   #20
Lol-x
Facilitator

Posting a clear scan of that 'receipt' would be a start.

Old 10 September 2010, 02:22 AM   #21
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Stevo , I follow the advice from one of the moderators here and will refrain from posting any more on the subject and respond to the attacks of certain members .
I feel however obliged to reply to you answer to your request : I can no longer produce a scan , fax , picture of the original as I, as you must appreciate ,was not able to keep it when I had to hand it over to recuperate the parcel .
Old 10 September 2010, 02:29 AM   #22
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Shipping using fed ex is NOT this difficult. It is pretty easy. If something was filled out wrong the clerk would tell you as they know it wont ship if the documentation was done incorrectly. This just aint right.
sturgeon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2010, 02:41 AM   #23
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Stevo , I follow the advice from one of the moderators here and will refrain from posting any more on the subject and respond to the attacks of certain members .
I feel however obliged to reply to you answer to your request : I can no longer produce a scan , fax , picture of the original as I, as you must appreciate ,was not able to keep it when I had to hand it over to recuperate the parcel .
Wouldnt you make a copy for personal records? Wouldnt you demand that documentation so fed ex could reimburse you for their mistakes which cost you money? You can contact fed ex and ask for the documentation.....also fed ex would never ask for a receipt back. That is your property. Even if you buy a tv and return it havent you noticed you get the original receipts back? This forum is a great place for talking about Rolex watches, self-education as well as some amusement. But this kind of stuff has to stop. It's sickening. This is why I deal with DavidSW, taking a chance on someone else is too risky.....you just never know.
Old 10 September 2010, 05:04 AM   #24
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
This fiasco is getting deeper and deeper by the minute?

Some answers are needed - can a person make so many 'mistakes' in a simple transaction??
No, it is not possible. The fedex bill was non-existent - a fake. It is not a mistake!

This is a very typical scam as Steve noted. The seller was stalling or delaying delivery for a reason only the seller knows for sure. Most likely the reason was that he did not have the merchandise that he was selling, the seller bought the intended merchandise for re-sale and was also the victim of a fraudulent purchase or the seller had no intention at all of delivering the merchandise to the buyer. Since I looked into this transaction for Steve, I can say unequivocally that the fedex document sent to him by the seller is a fraud. What more is there to say. For all those that are having trouble comprehending this, I say watchout - don't be the next unsuspecting victim of some internet scam or fraudulent purchase.

Naive and trusting buyers make great targets for scammers - actually they are their best targets. And, from some of the posts and responses that I've seen here on the forum, there are a number of members that could be potential victims.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2010, 05:10 AM   #25
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
Huh???
Prince, this is very typical scam language. Let me translate it for you.

"I almost got you."

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 10 September 2010, 05:12 AM   #26
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Prince, this is very typical scam language. Let me translate it for you.

"I always got you."
I was afraid of that, John.
Old 10 September 2010, 05:14 AM   #27
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, it is not possible. The fedex bill was non-existent - a fake. It is not a mistake!

This is a very typical scam as Steve noted. The seller was stalling or delaying delivery for a reason only the seller knows for sure. Most likely the reason was that he did not have the merchandise that he was selling, the seller bought the intended merchandise for re-sale and was also the victim of a fraudulent purchase or the seller had no intention at all of delivering the merchandise to the buyer. Since I looked into this transaction for Steve, I can say unequivocally that the fedex document sent to him by the seller is a fraud. What more is there to say. For all those that are having trouble comprehending this, I say watchout - don't be the next unsuspecting victim of some internet scam or fraudulent purchase.

Naive and trusting buyers make great targets for scammers - actually they are their best targets. And, from some of the posts and responses that I've seen here on the forum, there are a number of members that could be potential victims.
VERY well said
Old 10 September 2010, 05:34 AM   #28
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
I was afraid of that, John.
Prince - My post should have read, "I almost got you."

Too much typing today for me.

Old 10 September 2010, 05:35 AM   #29
Prince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Prince - My post should have read, "I almost got you."

Too much typing today for me.
That's OK, John. Somehow, the meaning was not lost on me!
Old 10 September 2010, 06:21 AM   #30
Nicko
Banned

Quote:

Read the above Tristan or whatever your name is.....So, I'm our resident Torquemada huh? Please, can you tap dance any more? Your a sham, a fake, a fraud, how else do you want me to put it Tristan? The fact that you phoned me several times crying about how Steveo was being unfair and further digging the proverbial hole makes this even more laughable. Who are you Tristan or is that even your name. Torquemada? Brother you did this to yourself and got caught, plane and simple. Now, I took you off ignore becuase it's just too funny to watch, kinda like comedy hour except this is not really funny. People like you make me sick.