The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 March 2011, 03:27 AM   #1
art1118

Hong Kong/Asian Purchased Watches

I have purchased several watches from Asia, Citizen, Titoni, Sandoz, and RADO. All were stainless steel models. No problem with the watches, but in all cases the bands were extended to the max and they are very snug on my wrist. No of the watches came with extra links. Of course I should know better. Most of my watches were intended for the Asian market where wrist sizes are much smaller than Western ones. Can't seem to find extra links anywhere. Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions for any sites that specialize in links or original bands?
art1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2011, 11:24 AM   #2
lorsban
"TRF" Member

All watches sold anywhere should have all the extra links included - especially in hongkong where many buyers are non-asian. Maybe you should research on brands or models that cater to very large wrists such as yours.
Old 27 March 2011, 12:16 AM   #3
LI Matt
"TRF" Member

I had the same issue with my Asian-market Seiko. The bracelet barely closed and was uncomfortably tight. So it came off after one wearing and the watch joined the Nylon Nation
LI Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2011, 01:00 AM   #4
lorsban
"TRF" Member

Well, he did mention he had the same problem with a Rado and I would think that, being Swiss made, they'd be sized "normally."
Old 28 March 2011, 12:33 PM   #5
art1118

Icon11 Vintage Rado

My vintage Rado is the tightest SS band of all. I can't see where there were links that had been removed. I like to have original band with my vintage watches. I have a SS band that may work. I can remove the clasp and install the Rado trademarked one and feel good about it. What ever works!
art1118 is offline   Reply With Quote