The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 4 November 2011, 10:05 AM   #1
vukotab
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing movies!
Macchina Sportiva! (Seiko content!)

And here is the watch that I longed for a long, long time!

As a big fan of Giugiaro`s Italdesign studios (yeah, they did have their hits and misses, but Giorgetto`s designs of such classic cars as Volkswagen Golf/Rabbit, De Lorean DMC 12 and LEGENDARY Yugo... are simply timeless),
I always wanted THE watch designed by this genius!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgetto_Giugiaro

And, couple days ago, I found it!
The matter of fact is that I have to trade one of my favorite timepieces (my good, old 6139 chronograph) but now I`m in possession of world`s FIRST all-analog 100-th of second chronograph!
And it`s designed by Maestro Giugiaro himself!

This is one really fantastic watch, it`s design is very sporty, but chic at the same time. Color combination is simply perfect, deep blue and orange are incredibly complementary in this case. Bracelet is not integrated, but it feels almost like it is, and I think that it`s almost impossible to find appropriate strap for a change.
But it`s not the point of this watch, it`s designed as a one piece, and it looks great as it is!
This particular model is dated to mid-to-late nineties, and it`s in really MINT condition! Unbelievable! There is just ONE scratch on this watch (and big and ugly, too), but it`s on the backside, so what the heck! It must have happen during some earlier battery change, by some less than competent watchmaker.

This watch is powered by now discontinued 7T52 movement, which is 12 hours quartz chronograph that measures time up to 1-100/th of a second!
In 12`o clock subdial you`ll find TWO small hands, one for 10/th and other for 100/th parts of a second, main chrono hand ticks in one second intervals, and 6`o clock subdial is a totaliser of minutes and hours together.
This chronograph is really easy to use and it`s very interesting to play with!

One interesting feature that this watch has is it`s crystal. It`s now abandoned Sapphlex crystal, which is actually Seiko`s mineral Hardlex crystal with Sapphire laminate on top of it. It`s almost impossible to scratch this kind of crystal (just like regular Sapphire) and why Seiko abandoned it`s production is beyond me.

All and all, great watch in like new condition!
And have I mentioned that it`s designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro?

And now...the pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 002.JPG (134.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 005.JPG (132.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 007.JPG (132.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 009.JPG (141.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 009a.JPG (124.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 010.JPG (135.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 012.JPG (151.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Macchina Sportiva 013.JPG (140.9 KB, 34 views)
vukotab is offline   Reply With Quote