The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 8 June 2012, 09:06 AM   #31
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: ST:TNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL1229 View Post
How can I go about appealing this??? Thanks!
Look on the seller protection and/or dispute page, or try googling appeal eBay dispute decision.
QueueCumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2012, 01:14 PM   #32
DS_Obsessed
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660 V
PayPal is not a FDIC bank, it is a private company. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want with your money. The dispute system and dealing with them is a pain in the a&$. They held $5000.00 of mine for 6 months without ever answering a single question of why they were holding it. Have never used them since. If you can figure it out without getting them involved your better off.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack”
DS_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2012, 01:28 PM   #33
submariner21

I've been on both sides of a PayPal dispute including against a scamming buyer. The key is to be persistent in your responses to eBay/Paypal with as much detail and evidence as possible. Whenever the other person or eBay responds, come back immediately with a professional, calm, and rational response. It's almost like being in court. So far I've won every case (about 8 times) and I've been on Paypal since 1999 (back when they were giving everyone $10 for signing up and $10 for each referral to Paypal).
submariner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2012, 02:42 PM   #34
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner21 View Post
I've been on both sides of a PayPal dispute including against a scamming buyer. The key is to be persistent in your responses to eBay/Paypal with as much detail and evidence as possible. Whenever the other person or eBay responds, come back immediately with a professional, calm, and rational response. It's almost like being in court. So far I've won every case (about 8 times) and I've been on Paypal since 1999 (back when they were giving everyone $10 for signing up and $10 for each referral to Paypal).
It would appear you have been lucky compared to most of those who post about Paypal problems on this forum.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2012, 01:13 AM   #35
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
If it's an expensive card I'd ask him to adequately insure the card and return it to your solicitor so they will be the one to first examine the returned content.

This will immediately put enormous pressure on the buyer not to pull a cheap trick on you, or else.
if you are in the US is there a solicitor too? is that the attorney general or something?

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
FNFZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2012, 12:47 PM   #36
watchf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNFZ4 View Post
if you are in the US is there a solicitor too? is that the attorney general or something?
Just any lawyer in a law firm will do. The point is to have an official third party who is in the business of legal proceedings.
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2012, 05:54 AM   #37
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Have the SOB return it for a refund.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2012, 08:20 AM   #38
JesusSandals

Ive been down this road several times!

My advice, offer him a refund, tell him you are in his area on business and can collect your item (he will not like this).

Next CALL paypal on the phone, speak to a person, tell them your getting scammed.

Lastly NEVER give up, even if you get scammed, and the money yanked you can still get it back. I had one case where an overseas buyer claimed an item i sent him was second hand, then he changed it to he hadnt received it. Amazingly paypal refunded him! but after a few calls they also refunded me.

As a future note any item i sell of reasonable value I insist on bank transfer, I dont entertain paypal.

Sold a pair of trainers today for $2000 and he paid by bank transfer and i will send as agreed because there are some decent ebayers about.

Good luck
JesusSandals is offline   Reply With Quote