The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 15 December 2007, 02:06 PM   #1
sphereman
"TRF" Member

FS: Rolex DayDate 1803 YG Circa 1960 MINT

Hi everyone.

I have a Rolex Daydate 1803 Yellowgold for sale (it is my father's. He's got a new Rolex).

The watch was bought by my Dad in Japan and it is in near mint condition. It was completely checked by a Rolex service dealer in Japan and it is in perfect working order. I don't think you can find a better shape 1803 than this one. You will be impressed about its condition!

Prefer local sales (Los Angeles area).
Price is $5000.00 including shipping and insurnace in the continental US. I accept money order, personal check, wire transfer and paypal (3% additional)

I have perfect ebay feedbacks (220+ without a single negative, my ebay ID is 2007suzuki).

Please email or call 310 938 3167. Email is [email protected]

Thanks guys!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0311.JPG (186.0 KB, 742 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.JPG (185.8 KB, 743 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0313.JPG (187.5 KB, 733 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0314.JPG (192.8 KB, 725 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0315.JPG (184.1 KB, 723 views)
sphereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Mrdi
Banned

Is the bracelette original to this watch and solid gold?
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2007, 02:17 PM   #3
sphereman
"TRF" Member

yes all original.
Old 16 December 2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdi View Post
Is the bracelette original to this watch and solid gold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphereman View Post
yes all original.
I can see why the question was asked.

This watch must have been in a safe most of its life.
Old 16 December 2007, 03:32 AM   #5
sphereman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
I can see why the question was asked.

This watch must have been in a safe most of its life.

Haha.. my father had the watch completely checked by rolex service dealer in japan and had them brushe it about a year go.. hence it looks new..
Old 16 December 2007, 04:03 AM   #6
ponycar350
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex Yg Day Date

I Can Do $4400
ponycar350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2007, 04:07 AM   #7
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha.. my father had the watch completely checked by rolex service dealer in japan and had them brushe it about a year go.. hence it looks new..
Well done. The RSC guarantee papers will certificate the watch and make it more attractive to buyers.

Why not add a picture of the service papers to the post. It should generate a bit more interest.
Old 16 December 2007, 04:08 AM   #8
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Well done. The RSC guarantee papers will certificate the watch and make it more attractive to buyers.

Why not add a picture of the service papers to the post. It should generate a bit more interest.
That's a very good suggestion.
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2007, 11:11 AM   #9
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch $5K for a solid gold DD w/ papers? WOW!

Please post pics of the verification paperwork from Rolex.

Arigato!

I was in Machida and Imabarai- I love Japan
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2007, 02:50 AM   #10
sphereman
"TRF" Member

Price reduced for quick sale.

$5000 --> $4500 (paypal adds 3%).

Unconditional return accepted - if you don't like the watch for any reason, simply return it within 24 hours via UPS Air (buyer responsible for return shipping cost), I will refund minus shipping (actual shipping cost).

Thanks
Old 20 December 2007, 02:52 AM   #11
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

RSC Service papers pics?
Old 20 December 2007, 02:59 AM   #12
sphereman
"TRF" Member

No paper works available. father either lost it or it is in his office in japan.
sorry
Old 20 December 2007, 10:32 AM   #13
diamonddatejust
Banned

Quote:
No paper works available. father either lost it or it is in his office in japan.
sorry

What about the papers from Japan? I am sure you can request copies of it. I find it odd that your father would take such good care of this watch but loose the papers. I am 100% positive you can request the paperwork from a year ago. If I am out of line I apologize. Since your father is the original owner this should be easy for you to track down all the paperwork.
diamonddatejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2007, 10:51 AM   #14
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
whew, the smell of paranoia is thick. nevertheless, a valid point has been made...your papers, please.
best, dan
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2007, 12:20 PM   #15
indy78
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233 Serti
Very Good Price

Sorry, this seems too good to be true. Also, why would you sell a family heirloom? Would you be willing to meet me at an AD in Los Angeles and allow the AD to inspect the watch and certify its authenticity prior to a purchase?
indy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2007, 12:33 PM   #16
indy78
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233 Serti
Not far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy78 View Post
Sorry, this seems too good to be true. Also, why would you sell a family heirloom? Would you be willing to meet me at an AD in Los Angeles and allow the AD to inspect the watch and certify its authenticity prior to a purchase?
I live only 100 miles or so from LA.
indy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2007, 02:57 AM   #17
sphereman
"TRF" Member

sure guys. i will try to get a copy of the service bill.

yes, you can come to LA and meet me at an AD here so verify.
Old 21 December 2007, 03:04 AM   #18
sphereman
"TRF" Member

also.. lots of offensive comments going on here...

i said my father might have lost the service bill or left in his work in japan.. peopel lose stuff. if you don't believe what i say, you can simply ignore my post.. and not deal with me. ok?
yes, diamonddatejust, you are out of line.

also, i don't consider a watch as a family heirloom. it is just a watch. it is my father's. he's got a new watch and knows he would not wear the old one anymore thus selling. something wrong? family heirlooms are such as albums of family photos and such.. watch is just a watch unless you handmade it.
Old 21 December 2007, 03:46 AM   #19
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
yes, diamonddatejust, you are out of line.
I'm not taking sides or piling on here but I don't think he's out of line. We see a watch here that looks brand new, has no documentation what so ever yet is close to 50 years old. You have to expect people to question it. And BTW, what's up with the red line across the case back? Are there any numbers on the clasp that can help with identifying the watch or the band?
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2007, 04:41 AM   #20
sphereman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopJr View Post
I'm not taking sides or piling on here but I don't think he's out of line. We see a watch here that looks brand new, has no documentation what so ever yet is close to 50 years old. You have to expect people to question it. And BTW, what's up with the red line across the case back? Are there any numbers on the clasp that can help with identifying the watch or the band?
that is just a protective sticker i put on..
Old 21 December 2007, 11:44 AM   #21
unclesallie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: keystone pocket
long post/integrity of TRF and deals on TRF

I do not agree that checking out the good faith of a seller of any commodity, watch or no, is an insult to the seller. In the meantime, we are interested in two things here: 1) your watch and 2) that TRF integrity is preserved. So while Diamonddatejust might not be as 'diplomatic' as others might, he has the right to raise these issues. You have the right not to reply, to reply with full disclosure, or tell us all to go to hell. It's up to you, but I do not think your honor has been infringed in any way. It is natural to want documentation of a large purchase: some people on this forum are undoubtedly wealthy by any standard, and others are average; still others have modest means, and some have to save years to afford a Rolex watch. Moreover, TRF is not(thank goodness) representative of other online forums. Its members are sophisticated and ethical, coming from all walks of life and many parts of the world. It's why I enjoy being a member here so much. So, sorry if you're offended, but please don't be, as people just want to preserve the quality of this Forum and deals which occur through its auspices(speaking now, only for myself).
best,
dan(and good luck on selling your watch!...i think it's great that you are willing to show it to another Forum member some 100 miles away!)

Last edited by unclesallie; 21 December 2007 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: grammatical errors
unclesallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2007, 12:02 PM   #22
sphereman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesallie View Post
I do not agree that checking out the good faith of a seller of any commodity, watch or no, is an insult to the seller. In the meantime, we are interested in two things here: 1) your watch and 2) that TRF integrity is preserved. So while Diamonddatejust might not be as 'diplomatic' as others might, he has the right to raise these issues. You have the right not to reply, to reply with full disclosure, or tell us all to go to hell. It's up to you, but I do not think your honor has been infringed in any way. It is natural to want documentation of a large purchase: some people on this forum are undoubtedly wealthy by any standard, and others are average; still others have modest means, and some have to save years to afford a Rolex watch. Moreover, TRF is not(thank goodness) representative of other online forums. Its members are sophisticated and ethical, coming from all walks of life and many parts of the world. It's why I enjoy being a member here so much. So, sorry if you're offended, but please don't be, as people just want to preserve the quality of this Forum and deals which occur through its auspices(speaking now, only for myself).
best,
dan(and good luck on selling your watch!...i think it's great that you are willing to show it to another Forum member some 100 miles away!)

thanks for the nice words..
see this is the type of reply i would happy to reply to.. but some people are just not too much.

first of all, this was my first time selling anything on this forum thus i disclosed everything including my phone, my ebay ID and such.

second, i did not offer this watch with FULL DOCUMENTATION. in fact, there is no full documentation. i just said my father had it checked at a japanese rolex dealer. i never said i would include a service bill or anything because i do not have it (did not even bother asking my dad about it). this watch is 30 years old and it is in the shape as descrbied.

i don't like people just assumping something and start offending sellers. in fact, i am graduating from law school and i don't like my integrity and honr being offended or insulted in ayways (especially by those i do not even know), period.

so, the bottom line is.. those who are not interested in buying this watch, stop asking or requesting stuff anymore. this watch is sold as is i am not a dealer or anything.
thanks
Old 22 December 2007, 02:32 AM   #23
HoustonRider
"TRF" Member

I've been on forums since forums began. now-a-days guys won't even accept pictures as positive proof unless you are in the picture with the newspaper (date in clear view) and have a signed statement stating you are indeed the person in the picture and selling the item (pick one).. lol

Especially with this group (no offense). Everyone starts off with a level of denial about anything being sold, then speculation to its authenticity which sometimes leads to sellers (or buyers) battling a "who knows best" in a thread. If there are no papers for a watch (Ive had 5+ without papers, but are all authentic), then so be it.

I remember a watch that recently was sold here for more than $100k without any paperwork, just some research work and some help from a few members here. Not everything requires documentation.

Maybe a seller isn't allowed to sell unless they have more than 50 posts, and can only sell watches with paperwork. If no guidelines to sell are established we can only expect people to sell items differently.
HoustonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2007, 08:36 AM   #24
Mrdi
Banned

Sphere
Are the center links polished on the bracelet?
More polished than the outer links?
Thanks,

Mrdi
Mrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2007, 09:02 AM   #25
sphereman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdi View Post
Sphere
Are the center links polished on the bracelet?
More polished than the outer links?
Thanks,

Mrdi
i think they are all polished to the same degree.
thanks
Old 25 December 2007, 02:24 AM   #26
sphereman
"TRF" Member

more pics per request..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0329.JPG (152.4 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0331.JPG (161.9 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0333.JPG (119.9 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0334.JPG (128.8 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0336.JPG (113.0 KB, 262 views)
Old 25 December 2007, 05:50 AM   #27
sphereman
"TRF" Member

sale pending for a reputable member here.