The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 12 July 2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 | 16600
Need Service Options In Northern VA

TRF,

I'm in Herdon VA for a few weeks and would like to have my SD bracelet sized. I visited Herdon Clock & Watches and asked him to remove a permanent link so the clasp is center and he froze (I don't know what it is about that request which makes it so hands off). He removed a link and my clasp, as anticipated, is off center). Anywho, if someone can recommend a location, I can travel to neighboring towns/cities.

Thanks

AG03
Old 13 July 2013, 10:37 AM   #2
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Herndon Clock, is like the "Soup Nazi" from the Seinfeld epidode. However, he is top notch and I highly recommend him.

The Tiny Jewel Box, Rolex AD, has an authorized watchmaker on site. He may be able to help you.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2013, 11:16 PM   #3
Justso
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyguy03 View Post
TRF,

I'm in Herdon VA for a few weeks and would like to have my SD bracelet sized. I visited Herdon Clock & Watches and asked him to remove a permanent link so the clasp is center and he froze (I don't know what it is about that request which makes it so hands off). He removed a link and my clasp, as anticipated, is off center). Anywho, if someone can recommend a location, I can travel to neighboring towns/cities.

Thanks

AG03
AG03,

Just to add a little caution on your visit to the AD for a bracelet sizing...

There have been a couple of posts on here recently about a few unscrupulous AD's wanting to charge upward of $50 for a bracelet resizing. That is absolute BS and if they want to charge you to do it, walk out and find another one.

That should be a free service which takes them a matter of about 2 minutes to do and you'll be on your way. The watchmaker never needs to get involved. Some folks seem to think it's alright to charge a modest amount to do a bracelet re-size. I don't. I equate it to going to my eye doctors office for an eyeglass adjustment.

If you're comfortable with paying a small amount to have it done, then that's your prerogative. But if they pressure you into a "yes sir, it'll be $30" sales pitch, walk the hell out. There's too many AD's that will be happy to do it free of charge and give you a coffee in the process.
Justso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2013, 12:01 AM   #4
Armyguy03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 | 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justso View Post
AG03,

Just to add a little caution on your visit to the AD for a bracelet sizing...

There have been a couple of posts on here recently about a few unscrupulous AD's wanting to charge upward of $50 for a bracelet resizing. That is absolute BS and if they want to charge you to do it, walk out and find another one.

That should be a free service which takes them a matter of about 2 minutes to do and you'll be on your way. The watchmaker never needs to get involved. Some folks seem to think it's alright to charge a modest amount to do a bracelet re-size. I don't. I equate it to going to my eye doctors office for an eyeglass adjustment.

If you're comfortable with paying a small amount to have it done, then that's your prerogative. But if they pressure you into a "yes sir, it'll be $30" sales pitch, walk the hell out. There's too many AD's that will be happy to do it free of charge and give you a coffee in the process.
Thanks for the solid Advice. Herdon Watch & Clock did remove one link and charged me $15 bucks. They where reluctant to remove a permanent link like I requested and I didnt want to push the issue. For some reason, the bracelet clasp actually sits centered with only one link removed, and the micro adjustment on the second to furthest hole position, an issue I couldn't seem to remedy with my other two Subs. Thanks for the advice.
Old 14 July 2013, 12:24 AM   #5
psv
"TRF" Member

If you need any additional work, I suggest trying WatchMaster & Co in Lorton, VA http://www.watchmasters.net/index.ph...&id=5&Itemid=6

I haven't used him myself yet, but I've heard good things and I'll try him next.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote