The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 31 January 2008, 02:26 PM   #31
ezmoney46

Watch: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
Bud Light in a an Australian sheepskin beer coozie.

Ahhhhh....

Sheep....skin.... quietly, JJ could be listening

Steve
ezmoney46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2008, 11:06 PM   #32
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I do think it has been taken out of context, Teolifo made the comment with the best intentions to promote friendly banter.

He has unfortunately made a grave error when it comes to the order of making a cup of tea, his comments with regards to the milk in last should be dismissed out of hand, a Yorkshire Fatwa is not needed in this case as it was a Southerner that made the initial comment and can be forgiven for not knowing better.
daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2008, 12:47 AM   #33
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Managed to get a table at a Mitchelin star restaurant tonight (Star Inn, Harome, North Yorkshire) so tonight I will be mostly drinking some nice house white wine.

DAVE

Old 4 February 2008, 01:02 AM   #34
vh_bu98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum YM
I always have alcohol in the house...recently picked up a 30 year old bottle of brandy, but I rarely drink any alcohol.

So mostly I'll be drinking Vitamin Water.
vh_bu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2008, 12:22 AM   #35
Teofilo

Watch: 14060M,16710 PEPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
I do think it has been taken out of context, Teolifo made the comment with the best intentions to promote friendly banter.

He has unfortunately made a grave error when it comes to the order of making a cup of tea, his comments with regards to the milk in last should be dismissed out of hand, a Yorkshire Fatwa is not needed in this case as it was a Southerner that made the initial comment and can be forgiven for not knowing better.
Cheers Dave.......We're coming "Up North" in April and one of the places we are going to visit is Harrogate, which I believe is your stamping ground. We plan to visit "Betty's Tearoom", which I'm told was the original shop. If there's one place to get a decent cup of tea, it should be there.

Do you know any decent places to eat in the Pickering area ? Maybe not Michelin standard, but better than your usual pub grub........
Teofilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2008, 12:36 AM   #36
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

Tim Horton's Coffee... cardboard disposable cup... double milk (in second) and single sugar... Canuk bliss!

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2008, 01:21 AM   #37
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teofilo View Post
Cheers Dave.......We're coming "Up North" in April and one of the places we are going to visit is Harrogate, which I believe is your stamping ground. We plan to visit "Betty's Tearoom", which I'm told was the original shop. If there's one place to get a decent cup of tea, it should be there.

Do you know any decent places to eat in the Pickering area ? Maybe not Michelin standard, but better than your usual pub grub........
Hi Peter

Bettys Tea Room is a place not to miss, a Yorkshire fat rascal with a nice cup of Yorkshire tea (milk in as preferred) is heartily recommended.

The place I went to last night (Star Inn at Harome) was just off the A170 Scarborough road that passes through Pickering, prices were very reasonable and they do a great lunch menu, for an evening meal 6 weeks notice is needed

I live in a village just below Sutton bank which is not far from Pickering, I will undertake the enjoyable task to visit some places near to Pickering and give you some recommendations, a bit closer to your visit date.

DAVE