The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 October 2013, 10:11 AM   #1
adsusanto

Watch: too many....
Recommendation for affordable Swiss Tourbillon watches??

Now I know I have seen some cheap Chinese tourbillon watches for even under $500....but is there any good quality but still affordable swiss counterparts?? What I mean by affordable is under $20K (If they exist...even I doubt so....but I guess if not, maybe the best of the Chinese?? I am too afraid to pull the trigger for the cheap $500 ones). Please share your recommendations...thanks.
adsusanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Cuts33
"TRF" Member

Check out Frederique Constant.
Cuts33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2013, 04:12 PM   #3
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuts33 View Post
Check out Frederique Constant.
Yes, definitely....very very nice....much more affordable....Unfortunately it's still out of my range for now (around $35K). Personally at that price I would rather sacrifice the tourbillion for skydweller or Patek Nautilus. (which hopefully if everything goes well, my next list for 2-3 years).
Old 3 October 2013, 06:47 PM   #4
DreambreaX
Banned

IWC Tourbillon
DreambreaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2013, 08:35 PM   #5
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
If you want something under 20k I don't think you'll find a tourbillon, before I read the FC price I believe Breitling was the cheapest when it comes to those escapements as they had one priced at 42k.

I wouldn't worry too much about Chinese movements, they may not always be finished as well as Swiss ones but the accuracy is there and it's good enough to make it a good daily wearer. They do have different ranges when it comes to quality but that's like everything else, therefore your watch may be a tad cheaper because of its price but nonetheless if you buy it only for that beautiful escapement and to have some fun with it you cannot really go wrong, can you?

The only things you'll have to worry about are the size of the watch (most of them are very thick as they're machine made and they don't focus on trying to make a watch very thin and complicated) and the type of escapement, a lot of those tourbillon's are actually carousel escapements. If you just want to see the balance wheel rotate then both will be fine but otherwise you should make sure that you're buying what you really want.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2013, 06:32 PM   #6
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreambreaX View Post
IWC Tourbillon
Tapi harga berapa bung??? Dont think can beat Frederique Constant price point.
Old 5 October 2013, 03:24 AM   #7
Cuts33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsusanto View Post
Yes, definitely....very very nice....much more affordable....Unfortunately it's still out of my range for now (around $35K). Personally at that price I would rather sacrifice the tourbillion for skydweller or Patek Nautilus. (which hopefully if everything goes well, my next list for 2-3 years).
Great discounts to be had on FC though.

If you need some AD's to contact, feel free to shoot me a PM.

They are in the US though.
Cuts33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2013, 04:16 AM   #8
tavv160
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, JLC...
If you want a tourbillon for the sake of having a tourbillon I would have to agree to have a look at Chinese tourbillons. MontieK is a Dutch brand that does Chinese tourbillons for about €1500. The movement is a Chinese Sea-Gull tourbillon and they actually look quite good and come with 2 years warranty. IMO better to get something like that if you really want a tourbillon and buy a watch you really love when you can.
Old 5 October 2013, 08:03 AM   #9
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavv160 View Post
If you want a tourbillon for the sake of having a tourbillon I would have to agree to have a look at Chinese tourbillons. MontieK is a Dutch brand that does Chinese tourbillons for about €1500. The movement is a Chinese Sea-Gull tourbillon and they actually look quite good and come with 2 years warranty. IMO better to get something like that if you really want a tourbillon and buy a watch you really love when you can.
Just when I am about to post about this MontieK (found while googling)...But from their site....I just find it rather "suspicious" and dont seem like a European luxury watch site??? Have to pre-order....and probably have it made in China/HK (ASIA) and yet charge a premium to have a name like European watch.
Old 5 October 2013, 11:30 AM   #10
tavv160
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, JLC...
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsusanto View Post
Just when I am about to post about this MontieK (found while googling)...But from their site....I just find it rather "suspicious" and dont seem like a European luxury watch site??? Have to pre-order....and probably have it made in China/HK (ASIA) and yet charge a premium to have a name like European watch.
I think they are legit. I also was wary of the company, but checked with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and they really do have the company in the Netherlands. And yes, they have the watches made in HK. The premium probably also is for the warranty you get with the watch. I have not yet had the guts to purchase this unknown brand, but they seem cool. Not sure if I ever will though.

They were covered by Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...acot-says.html
Old 6 October 2013, 09:52 AM   #11
adsusanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavv160 View Post
I think they are legit. I also was wary of the company, but checked with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce and they really do have the company in the Netherlands. And yes, they have the watches made in HK. The premium probably also is for the warranty you get with the watch. I have not yet had the guts to purchase this unknown brand, but they seem cool. Not sure if I ever will though.

They were covered by Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...acot-says.html

I am sure the company do exist.....(probably from one part-timer who live in appartment answering emails? or phone??) but for one that cant afford a professional Web master/designer to create a nice or even decent site I highly doubt the quality of their watches, let alone pulling the trigger on it
Old 6 October 2013, 05:51 PM   #12
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Second hand Jaeger steel Master Tourbillon maybe?
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2014, 09:23 PM   #13
LT4BWMY
"TRF" Member

Basilika and Poljot International

Basilika and Poljot International this two brands are made in germany. The have some tourbillon series. I think they use made in china mechanism and then they make it better by themselves or send it to swiss partners. Prices are ~4000$. I am not very shure but i think they made very short series from this models like 50 pieces gold plated and 50 pieces from steel and when they sold the 100 pieces they make new series with new design from same amount of pieces.
LT4BWMY is offline   Reply With Quote