The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 August 2014, 06:25 AM   #1
cohiba behike
"TRF" Member

How long should I wait for a link for my new Rolex?

Hey All,

My wife thinks I'm impatient, maybe so. I tell her I bought my new watch to wear...not admire it in it's box.

Here's the situation:

July 31st I go to my AD and buy out of the display case the "black and blue"GMT II, Rolex.

Well, it's a little tight when I put it on. The salesman states no problem..he'll order another link and call me when it's in..free of charge for the link and to in stall it.

Okay....yesterday, August 7th. I call the salesman, he states it's not in the store and he hopes he ordered the correct link. He tells me the watchmaker usually orders them so he hopes he didn't make a mistake. He'll call me when it arrives.

How long should I wait? Am I being impatient for no reason? I'm giving him until the 14th for him to call me..then I'll call him.....if he doesn't call me first.

What would you do??

Thanks!!!
cohiba behike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 06:30 AM   #2
luvsub
2024 Pledge Member

After placed the order, it shouldn't take more than a week. I would give your sales few more days. I won't worry about it.
luvsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 07:02 AM   #3
curleypubes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohiba behike View Post
Hey All,

My wife thinks I'm impatient, maybe so. I tell her I bought my new watch to wear...not admire it in it's box.

Here's the situation:

July 31st I go to my AD and buy out of the display case the "black and blue"GMT II, Rolex.

Well, it's a little tight when I put it on. The salesman states no problem..he'll order another link and call me when it's in..free of charge for the link and to in stall it.

Okay....yesterday, August 7th. I call the salesman, he states it's not in the store and he hopes he ordered the correct link. He tells me the watchmaker usually orders them so he hopes he didn't make a mistake. He'll call me when it arrives.

How long should I wait? Am I being impatient for no reason? I'm giving him until the 14th for him to call me..then I'll call him.....if he doesn't call me first.

What would you do??

Thanks!!!
if you paid full price I would call back right now. Why don't they just take a link from another GMT and give it to you, then replace it with the new link when it arrives....
curleypubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 07:32 AM   #4
jjm1970
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIx2, SD4K, DYT
I walked right into one of the ADs here in Stuttgart (Wempe, not much help I know) and they had a little counter in back where they do work on watches. Took about 10 minutes from the time I walked in until I had an extra, genuine Rolex link on my GMT II (16710). Is there an AD in Oklahoma that has that kind of service at the store possibly?
jjm1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 07:40 AM   #5
bighaole
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp II + Daytona
I recently special ordered a strap from Tudor, through my AD. It took a little over a week for it to make it's way to the AD.
bighaole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 11:43 AM   #6
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
My gold and platinum links took FOREVER. However steel links should be quick.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 12:22 PM   #7
Kingair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm1970 View Post
I walked right into one of the ADs here in Stuttgart (Wempe, not much help I know) and they had a little counter in back where they do work on watches. Took about 10 minutes from the time I walked in until I had an extra, genuine Rolex link on my GMT II (16710). Is there an AD in Oklahoma that has that kind of service at the store possibly?
Wempe always gave me really great service

Their sales team never ever had an attitude when I wanted to check a watch . . . and I did several branches

HAGOne
Kingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 12:39 PM   #8
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
A good AD would have a few extra's for sale or to remedy a similar situation. They never have a football player walk in and buy a watch

I bought a jubilee link about a year from my AD and he had it in stock, said he always has a half dozen or so links in various styles.

I'm surprised considering you said the AD has a watch tech...
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 12:59 PM   #9
Keith1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C blue, DSSD
I would talk to the watchmaker to make sure he ordered the right link, and ask him when it should be in. Maybe he has a used one that you could use in the mean time.
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2014, 01:49 PM   #10
submariner66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Relax you'll have it soon, I live near New York so I just went to RSC. I needed the same for my 14060m, but not for the subC.
submariner66 is offline   Reply With Quote