The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 14 October 2014, 08:05 AM   #1
111forza
"TRF" Member

I'm losing faith

Dropped my 15300 into AD 3 weeks ago to have the B1 service water resistance carried out. I got the call last week to say all complete and ready for me to collect. On Saturday I popped into the AD to pick up my beauty and was surprised when the AD handed my watch over to me that it had no plastic protection on and was not in a AP service box(thought this was the norm after any service). Anyway before leaving the store I checked the service book to make sure the B1 sticker had been completed and dated well it had not and this kinda got me thinking has the service actually been carried out. The sales assistant assured me although the service manager was not working Saturday they would give me a call on the Monday. Well all weekend I been wondering if the service had been carried out and so I made my mind up I would give London AP service a call first thing Monday. So called AP this morning I didn't tell them what my thoughts were I just asked if they could tell me if B1 test had been carried out on my watch. Gave them case no ect and asked if they could confirm. By now I think they wondering why I wouldn't know why my own watch had the service or not. Anyway I repeated myself if the B1 has been carried out what was the date of the service and why was the B1 service sticker not completed. Their answer was service would have been carried out when I dropped my watch into the AD (yes I know that but I'm asking you for the date you carried out the service was it 6 months ago / 3 months /2weeks ?) The outcome was they couldn't give me the date of service and said the service book not being completed must have been an oversight on their behalf. Now I've been to the AP Manafacture & museum & seen the archive books & just can't understand how they can't even record the date of a service. Something not adding up here for me. Any thoughts would be welcome.
BTW the AD service manager never called me back today even after I had been chasing them
111forza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2014, 10:04 AM   #2
texex91
"TRF" Member

Yep, they hosed you most likely.

Not AP's fault--your AD doesn't sound above board at all.

Call AP Service Center in UK (or wherever they would send it) and confirm it--they DO have records.

IF your AD is caught in a lie then other recourse is always available.

And feel free to post the AD's name.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2014, 07:12 PM   #3
diver2012
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Seems pretty clear it's the AD's and not AP's fault - sounds like they just did it themselves and didn't send it back to AP to me.

I need to take my Diver in soon and am going to drop it off personally at the APSC and wait whilst they do it - I emailed Alistair at AP yesterday so just waiting to hear back from him when would be best for me to go in.

I will post my experience on here once I have it done.
diver2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2014, 10:24 PM   #4
watchdog507
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rose Gold
By your account this seems to be an AD performance issue here. AP SC seems to be out of the loop here. Disappointing, no less though.
watchdog507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2014, 12:59 AM   #5
Colin W
"TRF" Member

I'm losing faith

I would just go direct to APSC in future - That's what I do and have always had great service from Alastair at APSC in London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 October 2014, 04:31 AM   #6
gummy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: AP PP Rolex
Sounds fishy to me...

Not sure what direction I would point you, but here in the states, I always turn to Clearwater for any service issue. Actually, for any technical questions they always seem happy to help.

Never been let down.
gummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 06:01 AM   #7
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
As Paul said called APSC and see if the AD is trying to pull one over on you

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 06:09 AM   #8
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I would send a registered letter (return receipt requested, to prove they received your letter) to AP corporate highlighting your issue. Use paragraph breaks to make it easy to read.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 07:42 AM   #9
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: ST:TNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I would send a registered letter (return receipt requested, to prove they received your letter) to AP corporate highlighting your issue. Use paragraph breaks to make it easy to read.
No no no! He should keep writing without paragraphs, but he should get rid of the punctuation marks and use all CAPS...
Old 17 October 2014, 01:57 PM   #10
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
i ThInK THe soLUTioN hRer iZ CLeer.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote