The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 November 2014, 02:43 AM   #1
mattmcmhn
2024 Pledge Member

Couple of questions regarding a 16570 and replacing/replacement hands

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2001 (P serial) 16570 Polar on eBay, and while I'm very happy with the condition the watch is in I noticed a couple days after I got it that the hands are not correct (pic below). They're 1) Superluminova instead of tritium, and 2) the hands from a black dialed 16570 if they're even OEM Rolex at all! It was not disclosed in the listing that the hands were replaced, and I'm no expert so at the time I purchased it I didn't realize they were not original or correct. I knew something was up though when only the hands glowed and none of the markers did, and started researching at that point.

So that brings me to a couple of questions that I thought the community might be able to help me with. First, I have a request for an estimate out, but in general how much should I expect to pay for a set of OEM black 3185 hands installed on this piece? Second, when I do get the correct hands installed, obviously they will still be Superluminova and won't match the dial, which will affect the value of the watch. The question is, by about how much, and is there somewhere I could take the piece to have the difference in value documented? The reason I ask about documentation is I will be requesting a refund from the seller. I received this a few days ago, and don't want to send it back for a full refund because I've been wearing it and really bonded with it, and it's not in quite the same condition it was when I received it (green sticker was still on the back and I removed it, bracelet is now sized).

I would really appreciate any help on this. Thank you for reading.
mattmcmhn is offline   Reply With Quote