The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 December 2014, 03:13 AM   #481
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
I'm sure there are some good sellers on the forum. And some bad ones. (Remember Steve Mulholland? What ever happened to him?) Just like anywhere else.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2015, 02:35 AM   #482
Dansf
"TRF" Member

Their prices seem high. Would avoid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dansf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2015, 05:45 AM   #483
motoikkyu
"TRF" Member

John at alltiques.com deserves to be a trusted seller. He does not have a web presence, but in NYC, he is possibly the best resource for vintage Rolex knowledge. I've known him for twenty years and nearly 40% of my vintage collection is from him. I bought many vintage watches from him BEFORE there was an internet, and bought a Daytona from him two years ago. I don't expect him to become an internet sensation, but if you are in NYC, you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't visit him. Fair, honest, and fun, what's not to like? I think I have enough vintage posts for the recommendation.
Old 11 January 2015, 06:24 PM   #484
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucius54 View Post
Some really good suggestions on here as I look to purchase my first vintage. Does anyone know what is going on with Mulholland Time? The link looks to be dead.
Thanks mate, no idea about the latest with Mullholand Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansf View Post
Their prices seem high. Would avoid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's possible and the watches with the sellers on this list gives us a good indicator of the type of vintage watches available with tried sellers listed here, no denying there could be bargains available elsewhere for those who know what to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoikkyu View Post
John at alltiques.com deserves to be a trusted seller. He does not have a web presence, but in NYC, he is possibly the best resource for vintage Rolex knowledge. I've known him for twenty years and nearly 40% of my vintage collection is from him. I bought many vintage watches from him BEFORE there was an internet, and bought a Daytona from him two years ago. I don't expect him to become an internet sensation, but if you are in NYC, you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't visit him. Fair, honest, and fun, what's not to like? I think I have enough vintage posts for the recommendation.
Thanks for your reference mate, will add him to the single star list, needs another 2 references for a green star.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2015, 02:47 PM   #485
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Quote:
Good guy and one of the few vintage places in NYC that I like to visit.
kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2015, 09:27 PM   #486
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle L View Post
Good guy and one of the few vintage places in NYC that I like to visit.
Thanks for the reference Kyle, just confirming if you've bought a vintage Rolex from them?

Old 14 January 2015, 06:36 AM   #487
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks for the reference Kyle, just confirming if you've bought a vintage Rolex from them?
Yep.
kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2015, 08:44 AM   #488
CdnWatchDoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them!
I see you have Zaf Basha (Classicwatch.com) awaiting confirmation. I have bought 2 pieces from him, both in great shape. The first, a vintage military sourced Benrus (Vietnam era) arrived well packaged and ticking nicely, and the second a Bulova A-17 which is almost NOS. Zaf has been very receptive to questions-timely, too! Ships to Canada without any problems.
Tudor Royal
CdnWatchDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2015, 08:34 PM   #489
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle L View Post
Yep.
Thanks Kyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnWatchDoc View Post
I see you have Zaf Basha (Classicwatch.com) awaiting confirmation. I have bought 2 pieces from him, both in great shape. The first, a vintage military sourced Benrus (Vietnam era) arrived well packaged and ticking nicely, and the second a Bulova A-17 which is almost NOS. Zaf has been very receptive to questions-timely, too! Ships to Canada without any problems.
Thanks for the reference mate, however only considering vintage Rolex purchases for star purposes.

Old 16 February 2015, 10:51 AM   #490
Najimro
"TRF" Member

Thumbs up to Wanna Buy A Watch. Had nothing but a good experience with an Enicar Sherpa Dive purchase back in 2007. Still have the watch. I check their site once in a while and they seem a bit pricey now...
Najimro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2015, 01:14 PM   #491
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Just reposting the list, no new updates. Since there is some confusion amongst a few members on whether the first or last post is the latest, please note the latest post containing the list is the latest update, so the last post is the most relevant.

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation (a member making recommendations should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:
  • N/A

Sellers awaiting recommendations: [Sellers in this list below are Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here, but just good references by hearsay and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr, Beef)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu,bluemartinifan)
Mike Wood (Ross Povey,The Laird)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.

Old 24 February 2015, 01:45 PM   #492
Michael M.
Banned

If you could please add me to the list above that would be excellent. I have sold to and bought from countless TRF members over the years.

Michael Morgan
iconicwatchcompany.com
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2015, 10:52 PM   #493
LuxuryROlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Hi guys, just thought would be nice to have a list of trusted vintage watch sellers/shops/webistes you have previously purchased from/heard good things about in one place for easy reference. Please add in to the names here along with website/contact info if available so that we don't have to go thru" all the different threads looking for vintage watch seller recommendations.

1) Mark Lerman (mark@webstorm.com)
2) Jed aka Jedly1(http://www.thetimetraveler.co/)
3) Erik Ku (http://10pastten.com/)

** PLEASE NOTE BOTH LERMAN AND MULHOLLAND WERE REMOVED FROM THIS LIST! **
Great list added to my note..
LuxuryROlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2015, 01:10 AM   #494
zederhoff
"TRF" Member

I would like to suggest Pierre from rilogi.com - contact@rilogi.com. I've bought a 666 matte dial from him - pictured in the vintage section here.
Serious communication, fast delivery and good afterservice (sending me one more link for the bracelet at no charge)

Thanks,

Klaus
zederhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2015, 02:31 AM   #495
ESE 2A
"TRF" Member

Thanks Klaus
ESE 2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2015, 12:16 PM   #496
pbosque
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520 1680 16750
I bougth a 1680 red from RALLEPENG , not problem at all very happy.
pbosque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2015, 12:01 PM   #497
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I have had great experiences with Wingates (tic-tock.com) (Day Date 18038 & 18238), Europeanwatch.com (PP 5146G), Jewels in time (PP 5059j & X Serial 18k Root Beer and my brother bought a 16613 Bluesy) and Tarrytown Jewelers (several GMT's and an AP 15202).
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2015, 05:04 AM   #498
VetteBandit
"TRF" Member

I have bought too many pieces from European Watch Co

A number of Rolex and PP pieces. As far as true vintage, I think the oldest Rolex I purchased was a "F" series some time ago, but I have nothing but good things to say about European Watch Co.

I have also purchased a modern Rolex from Paul Duggan - good experience, Paul is a great guy to talk vintage and modern Rolex, PP, etc.

Instagram: @30threejosh
VetteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2015, 02:03 AM   #499
Caravaggio1968
"TRF" Member

How about the other useful list - the ones to avoid?

I have just discovered that I have been stung by a dealer who sold me a "Frankenstein" 5513 containing the wrong movement despite the contract stating the correct movement. When I raised it with him he said the correct movement was in it when he sent it. Ah, the delivery guy opened the parcel, took out his watchmakers toolkit, switched the movements, and packaged up my watch for delivery. Oh, he also sprayed some rust behind the dial to create some old water damage.

I reported it to eBay, to PayPal and to 1stdibs. eBay advised reporting it to the Police, which I did.

The dealer is Bernardo Antichita of Florence, Italy.
Caravaggio1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2015, 04:38 AM   #500
Jiggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5512/5513
Andrew Shear is one of the BEST there is!!!
Jiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2015, 05:01 AM   #501
roulex22
Banned

Watch: BLNR(a.k.a.Batman)
where is this John you mentioned in nyc? might pay him a visit....
roulex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2015, 05:01 AM   #502
roulex22
Banned

Watch: BLNR(a.k.a.Batman)
see above

Quote:
roulex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2015, 07:13 AM   #503
VetteBandit
"TRF" Member

I can add Jacek @ HQ Milton to my list of great transactions. Purchased two pieces from them recently and very happy with both. Top notch group to deal with from my experience.

Instagram: @30threejosh
VetteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2015, 05:06 AM   #504
rtrojnke
"TRF" Member

Anyone else besides Monobike has dealt with Jacques Callier (explorerwatch.com) before? Looking for some of his references here; he's definitely got some beautiful stuff but was wondering if he's reliable...
rtrojnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2015, 12:17 AM   #505
pringles mcingles
"TRF" Member

Miami Vintage Dealer

New to the forum. Really enjoying the education! I have a newish GMTII and am now looking for a vintage Rolex or Tudor.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a vintage dealer in Miami? There is a "watch district" in the Seybold building downtown, but the list of folks (below) is daunting. I've also added Watch Commander at the top of the list, but they're near Lincoln Road.

Appreciate any input or experience you have with any of these shops. Thanks.

WATCH COMMANDER http://www.watchcommander.com/
BUCHWALD JEWELERS (305) 373-5283 http://buchwaldjewelers.com
NEMARO JEWELERS (305) 358-4399 http://nemarojewelers.com/
CONTINENTAL JEWELERS (305) 373-4697
BARGAIN DEPOT (954) 966-7479
GIL- RON JEWELRY, INC. (305) 932-9561
DASANI JEWELS (305) 374-7746 http://dasanithejeweler.com
MIAMI - NEW YORK JEWELRY (786) 360-5054
ROMAN & SONS, INC. (305) 577-0072
ROYAL JEWELERS, INC. (305) 374-8555
ALAN RICHARDSON (305) 372-7745
ACERO 316 (786) 464-0096
FREDDY'S THE CERTIFIED DIAMOND STORE (305) 371-8261 http://freddysjewelry.com/
ARUBA GOLD (305) 358-2868
DIAMOND CLUB (305) 377-3335
INTERNATIONAL WATCHES, INC. (305) 358-8821
SIGLER'S COLLECTIBLES/VINTAGE WATCHES (305) 358-3166
BUYING TIME (786) 312-9156
WATCHME USA (786) 499-2600
WATCH BUYERS (305) 373-5599
WORLD TIME 1, INC. (305) 456-7384
FG WATCH SERVICE (305) 373-7131
ORLANDO JUST IN TIME (786) 316-2260
LUXURY WATCHES R US (305) 603-8208
MANHATTAN WATCH-ROLEX (305) 371-9244
LUCKY LOU WATCHES (954) 588-3099
pringles mcingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2015, 10:43 AM   #506
pringles mcingles
"TRF" Member

Richard, Thanks for your PM!
pringles mcingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2015, 12:21 AM   #507
Motomike
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513, 1016
Ditto on HQMilton. Not the least expensive but very good to work with and after having an idea of what I was looking for they they were were very good at staying in touch as new inventory came in.
Motomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2015, 11:08 AM   #508
Katzmeow
"TRF" Member

Sonning Vintage Watches

Anyone have any info on Sonning Vintage Watches? The watches have been restored but is he legit??
Katzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2015, 09:11 PM   #509
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
I'm not entirely clued up on vintage but i know Watches Of Distinction, Lymington, UK (www.watchesofdistinction.com) stock vintage Rolex.
I purchased a modern Rolex and everything was good, especially the price!

If anyone would like to check their vintage section out, i would be interested in how they seem to be priced? (Low/high?)

Thanks
Evad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2015, 10:50 PM   #510
cwilson13
"TRF" Member

Can anyone recommend/not recommend Ken at WannaBuyaWatch?
cwilson13 is offline   Reply With Quote