The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 9 March 2006, 07:34 AM   #31
SLRdude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
I don't get it who cares what kind of watch you own ? It's the people I come here to hang out with, not their watches. Hell when I first joined, I didn't have a Rolex
Long story and inside joke Craig.

Not intended to knock down a specific watch brand. (I don't own any Rolexes. Not enough cash for one at the moment)
Member # 87
Old 9 March 2006, 07:34 AM   #32
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatox

LOL!!!!! Good one Chip!

Old 9 March 2006, 07:35 AM   #33
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Long story and inside joke Craig.

Not intended to knock down a specific watch brand. (I don't own any Rolexes. Not enough cash for one at the moment)
Old 9 March 2006, 07:55 AM   #34
John Holbrook II
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
I don't get it who cares what kind of watch you own ? It's the people I come here to hang out with, not their watches. Hell when I first joined, I didn't have a Rolex
Well Craig, some people are nicer than others.

Truth is, Chip has friends that like and wear Invictas, and he considered buying one not so long ago.
Old 9 March 2006, 08:02 AM   #35
SLRdude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holbrook II
Well Craig, some people are nicer than others.

Truth is, Chip has friends that like and wear Invictas, and he considered buying one not so long ago.

I actually had an Invicta!
nothing wrong with the brand.

Like I said. It was an inside joke nobody will get. (well... maybe Sam)
Member # 87
Old 9 March 2006, 09:13 AM   #36
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Waaaahh!

I want my '98 Blue Sub to glow like that YM (beautiful pic, BTW). How do I get that Tritium stuff to jump through the glow-hoops???

Pssst! And while we're at it, I got a Daytona and a DateJust (same age) that could use some glow lessons...

Last edited by Prince; 9 March 2006 at 01:44 PM..
Old 9 March 2006, 10:51 AM   #37
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
I got a few lume shots as well.

U might recognize this watch John.

and some others...

On your SD shot, you might want to turn up your contrast on your monitor and you will see that when you erased your background you have way too many shades of black there. Same thing with the dial. A while back when you had the Rolex invitational, the same thing happened with your LV. Also, don't know if you meant for the pic to be so desaturated.

The YM pic I like. I have liked that style before, and I like it now.
Awesome pics Chip Especially the lume shot
Old 9 March 2006, 01:29 PM   #38
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
Old 9 March 2006, 11:09 PM   #39
Atomic

Chip, it's a wonder you haven't been approached by a good watch magazine to do photography. You're a natural and one of the best I've seen on the 'net.

Sadly, there's a lot of hacks passing themselves off as WIS' working for magazines and frankly you blow those putz's away.

Old 9 March 2006, 11:45 PM   #40
Atomic

BTW Chip, that new lume shot of your Omega is probably the best I've ever seen anywhere. Nicely done!!

Old 9 March 2006, 11:48 PM   #41
John Holbrook II
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Chip, it's a wonder you haven't been approached by a good watch magazine to do photography. You're a natural and one of the best I've seen on the 'net.

Sadly, there's a lot of hacks passing themselves off as WIS' working for magazines and frankly you blow those putz's away.
Yes, it's amazing what people will try to "pass themselves off" as. Why, one time I got this E-Mail from an Canadian fellow who tried to convice me me actually owned a white dial Zenith movement Daytona and a Red Sub, (among others) but he never felt comfortable posting pictures of them or mentioning them to the rest of the online community because he didn't want to make himself a target of theft.

For those who can't peer through the thin veil of Johnny's shot, he's refering to me. I've been working in the luxury watch industry for about 4 years now, and my work has been published in every major US watch publication, and am currently published in every issue of CHRONOS and InSync. I've done a macro instructional article for DIGITAL PHOTO PRO magazine. Oh yea...I'm a card carrying member of Canon Professional Service too...

Yea Johnny....yer right....I'm a fraud and no-talent hack..... I don't know why the rest of the world just doesn't see things your way....
Old 9 March 2006, 11:59 PM   #42
Atomic

Quote:

Yea Johnny....yer right....I'm a fraud and no-talent hack.....
I don't know what you're talking about, here JBH.

I was simply posting kudos to my friend Chip here on his outstanding work. We all know there's lots of hacks working in the watch 'journalism' field. I wasn't necessarily talking about you, but the quote above is the first step of many to making a full recovery into normal society.

Keep it up!

Old 10 March 2006, 12:00 AM   #43
alpet

Watch: me carefully
Ok guys...

Everyone has had their "fun".
Lets stop the personal cracks on ALL sides and get back to talking about watches.

Thanks

Old 10 March 2006, 01:03 AM   #44
John Holbrook II
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpet
Ok guys...

Everyone has had their "fun".
Lets stop the personal cracks on ALL sides and get back to talking about watches.

Thanks

No personal cracks here...put down the shot gun and pick up a rifle to take care of the problem. I posted a series of nice photos to share with your community, and 'Atomic' has posted several, rather obvious obnoxious attacks. Dunno why TRF Admins have neglected to step and enforce forum policies in until now...
Old 10 March 2006, 01:08 AM   #45
Atomic

Quote:
No personal cracks here...put down the shot gun and pick up a rifle to take care of the problem. I posted a series of nice photos to share with your community, and 'Atomic' has posted several, rather obvious obnoxious attacks. Dunno why TRF Admins have neglected to step and enforce forum policies in until now...
I don't know why you continue to come to a forum where you're disliked, to post photos in the hope that people will fawn over them.

You have your own forum for that.

To come to a forum, where the core membership are members you banned from your own forum, and think you won't get hostility tells me you're either naive, really full of yourself, or just plain looking for trouble.

If you want to come here and post, that's fine, but lift the IP bannings of those of us you banned from your forum. Fair's fair, right?

I have yet to see a constructive contribution from you, JBH, in the few posts you've made to this forum. So I have to ask why you continue to come when you always stir up trouble?

Old 10 March 2006, 01:09 AM   #46
alpet

John,

First of all, the reason that up to now this thread was allowed to take its course is because the Mods here beleive that intervention is a last resort. Since It was obvious that the comments were escalating, something had to be said..

Secondly. let not forget the old saying... " It takes two to tango". I have yet to hear of a one man pissing contest

I am not taking sides here but what I do want is this bickering to stop!

BTW.. I enjoyed the pictures in the thread.. just not the rest

Thanks
Old 10 March 2006, 01:30 AM   #47
John Holbrook II
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
I don't know why you continue to come to a forum where you're disliked, to post photos in the hope that people will fawn over them.

You have your own forum for that.

To come to a forum, where the core membership are members you banned from your own forum, and think you won't get hostility tells me you're either naive, really full of yourself, or just plain looking for trouble.

If you want to come here and post, that's fine, but lift the IP bannings of those of us you banned from your forum. Fair's fair, right?

I have yet to see a constructive contribution from you, JBH, in the few posts you've made to this forum. So I have to ask why you continue to come when you always stir up trouble?
The title of the thread reads "....with my friends here on TRF." I had hoped you would see the title of the thread and conclude that the thread was not meant for you.

Despite your assertion to the contrary, I do have friends here Johnny. Perhaps not you, but there are others. JJ for example (hi JJ! ).

There are those here who have been banned from my site for various infractions. But I'm a forgiving guy Johnny - if anyone who has been banned would like to rejoin our community, I'd certainly consider it. That's more than fair.

I've had plenty of constuctive contributions here Johnny...this thread being a perfect example. Photos of Rolex watches. You can debate the quality of the photos, but the contribution is perfectly constructive. Can you say the same of your contributions to this thread?

I'd be happy to make LOTS of positive contributions to this site if the moderators would just slap you silly for acting like such a juvenille everytime I do post.
Old 10 March 2006, 01:36 AM   #48
John Holbrook II
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpet
John,

First of all, the reason that up to now this thread was allowed to take its course is because the Mods here beleive that intervention is a last resort. Since It was obvious that the comments were escalating, something had to be said..

Secondly. let not forget the old saying... " It takes two to tango". I have yet to hear of a one man pissing contest

I am not taking sides here but what I do want is this bickering to stop!

BTW.. I enjoyed the pictures in the thread.. just not the rest

Thanks
Well, I appreciate your kind words about the photos. But from my perspective, the Moderator looked the other way for their buddy Atomic while he continued to instigate trouble. Someone could have stepped in much earlier at the first, rather obvious sign of trouble.

As I said, I'd be happy to post lots pictures and other positive contributions to the TRF community, if the rules here can be equitably and consistently enforced.
Old 10 March 2006, 01:37 AM   #49
Prince
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Sub/GMT/DJ
Please stop fussing and answer my question a few posts back. Thank you...

Last edited by Prince; 10 March 2006 at 01:37 AM..
Old 10 March 2006, 01:38 AM   #50
alpet

OK, since obviously nobody has any constructive comments to add to this thread that have to do with its topic, I am closing it!

Closed Thread