The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 July 2016, 07:21 AM   #1
theparry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor
Three weeks to the day...

Yesterday marked three weeks to the day since I bought my Tudor BBB and was also the day I had to drop it in to the AD to be regulated. Despite wearing it almost every day for those three weeks, it was running anything from 16-20 seconds fast. As I don't currently own anything as nice to wear in it's place, any coping measures to help the next month or so pass quicker will be deeply appreciated!
theparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 07:22 AM   #2
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by theparry View Post
Yesterday marked three weeks to the day since I bought my Tudor BBB and was also the day I had to drop it in to the AD to be regulated. Despite wearing it almost every day for those three weeks, it was running anything from 16-20 seconds fast. As I don't currently own anything as nice to wear in it's place, any coping measures to help the next month or so pass quicker will be deeply appreciated!
....buying another timepiece? Sorry, I am a WIS!!!!
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 07:28 AM   #3
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Is that 16-20 fast over 3 weeks? Or per day? I set my GMT on the 1st of each month. For the month is Jun it was 15 sec fast. Not too bad.

Wear long sleeve shirts?
Rocket_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 07:35 AM   #4
theparry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
....buying another timepiece? Sorry, I am a WIS!!!!
Very nearly did - I had a look at a black dial 216570 on the way out and had to fight the urge with everything I had. Despite having 6 1/8 wrists, it looked pretty good on my wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Man View Post
Is that 16-20 fast over 3 weeks? Or per day? I set my GMT on the 1st of each month. For the month is Jun it was 15 sec fast. Not too bad.

Wear long sleeve shirts?
Per day - checked against time.is
Old 4 July 2016, 07:38 AM   #5
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Live vicariously here, and plan and scheme how you are going to buy your next watch. Should pass the time.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 07:40 AM   #6
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Why will it take a month to regulate the watch?

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 07:45 AM   #7
theparry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivek View Post
Why will it take a month to regulate the watch?
Just going by the quoted turn around time on the receipt, hopefully it will be quicker than that!
Old 4 July 2016, 07:47 AM   #8
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Just going by the quoted turn around time on the receipt, hopefully it will be quicker than that!
I'm not looking to stir it up, but I'd be screaming blue murder! Regulating a watch should be one hour, not one month.

Good luck.

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 08:03 AM   #9
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivek View Post
I'm not looking to stir it up, but I'd be screaming blue murder! Regulating a watch should be one hour, not one month.

Good luck.
My personal experience: Buought my BB red in October and it ran fast (12/15 sec per day or so), so had it regulated by one of the boutiques. It improved but slowly got back to + 15, so I dropped it at RSC. Took 2-1/2 weeks for a full service, now it runs per COSC standards (almost 3 months now). Maybe it is not being regUlated, but fully serviced.
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 08:04 AM   #10
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Odd as it's a chronometer rated in house movement, I'm sure RSC will have back to you soon. How is the bronze patina after three weeks? Pictures please.
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 08:06 AM   #11
theparry
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
Odd as it's a chronometer rated in house movement, I'm sure RSC will have back to you soon. How is the bronze patina after three weeks? Pictures please.
Sorry for the confusion but it's a black bay black. Should've made it clearer on my part!
Old 4 July 2016, 08:12 AM   #12
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion but it's a black bay black. Should've made it clearer on my part!
Oh, that would be the BBN, it is a little confusing now with the Black Bay Bronze. I've had my BBN for almost three months and it's a consistent +3 seconds per day. I'm sure yours will be back to you soon... it's a great watch, Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1657.jpg (87.3 KB, 286 views)
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 03:14 PM   #13
Steve36Efc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126603
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
Oh, that would be the BBN, it is a little confusing now with the Black Bay Bronze. I've had my BBN for almost three months and it's a consistent +3 seconds per day. I'm sure yours will be back to you soon... it's a great watch, Enjoy!
You learn something new everyday.
I thought I wanted a BBB when in fact I want a BBN.
Steve36Efc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2016, 04:57 PM   #14
Pangit
"TRF" Member

I have had my Black Bay Black for about 8 months. It initially ran about 8-10 seconds fast a day which didn't bother me as I wear it as part of a rotation. However, more recently it's running about 15-20 seconds fast a day. I am planning on taking it as my only watch on holiday to the Philippines in 4 weeks time and have thought about getting it regulated at the RSC. I hope that this should be a matter of days not weeks to do. The same RSC fixed my DJII last year (running 2-3 minutes slow a day) in only 3 days and that now runs at an amazing -0.5 seconds per day.
Pangit is offline   Reply With Quote